PDA

View Full Version : Metriod Prime DS

jesusfreak
01-26-2005, 11:25 PM
Hello, I was wondering if it would be worth getting a Nintedo DS with the Metriod Prime game, I have never been disapointed with a metriod game before, but i am worried about such a high-quality game on a handheld.

Orion
01-27-2005, 12:08 AM
The Metroid game included is just a demo. I played it in a store and wasn't too impressed... I thought the stylus control was kinda clunky. But, Id ask someone who's actually played through the whole demo.

MottZilla
01-27-2005, 01:33 AM
The demo isn't bad at all. And remember just that. It's only a very early demo. I found the controls very smooth and easy to use.

jesusfreak
01-30-2005, 11:13 PM
I have heard from a few friends that Metriod DS wasnt all the great of a gam, but being a huge metriod fan, I already know i will be going out and buying a DS this summer just to get it. I may love the winter, but i hate the fact I get laid off from work during it because of how slow it is.

DsS Game
01-31-2005, 12:11 AM
Well from what I'm hearing, the game hasn't been released yet. The game included was just a demo. I've seen it cause one of my cousins was playing it. I didn't think it was too bad. The sound was off IMO.

Daywalker

Warlock
01-31-2005, 01:45 AM
I personally didn't like the demo too much but I'm sure they have improved it since then. My major grips were the graphics. Everything was waaaay too dark (i.e. Circle of the Moon on a non-SP GBA with no lamp in the very near vicinity dark) and some of the enemies looked shitty. Like the Metroids were pure neon bright blinding ugly green. I mean, it looked worse than the original Smash Bros. Now I know DS can do better than that. Dark Samus looked ok tho. But ya, the metroids looked almost textureless.

Hopefully they will improve that stuff for the full version. I while the control was playable, I would still prefer something closer to Prime's controls. I mean, you could do something very similar with the DS's buttons and still incorporate the touch screen. It just seemed that the touch screen was *too* important to me when it didn't have to be.

DsS Game
01-31-2005, 02:20 AM
I personally didn't like the demo too much but I'm sure they have improved it since then. My major grips were the graphics. Everything was waaaay too dark (i.e. Circle of the Moon on a non-SP GBA with no lamp in the very near vicinity dark) and some of the enemies looked shitty. Like the Metroids were pure neon bright blinding ugly green. I mean, it looked worse than the original Smash Bros. Now I know DS can do better than that. Dark Samus looked ok tho. But ya, the metroids looked almost textureless.

Hopefully they will improve that stuff for the full version. I while the control was playable, I would still prefer something closer to Prime's controls. I mean, you could do something very similar with the DS's buttons and still incorporate the touch screen. It just seemed that the touch screen was *too* important to me when it didn't have to be.

I knew i wasn't the only one. I thought the reason why I couldnt see was cause of the lighting at my cousins house.

Most likely, or hopefully, people will send there feedback and hopefully fix all the mistakes they made.

Daywalker

MottZilla
01-31-2005, 02:30 AM
People concluding that Metroid Prime Hunters/DS isn't that good of a game are fools and you should ignore them. What people have played is a FREE early demo. Like I said, the game can and will likely change dramatically before the final product.

Warlock
01-31-2005, 02:53 AM
People concluding that Metroid Prime Hunters/DS isn't that good of a game are fools and you should ignore them. What people have played is a FREE early demo. Like I said, the game can and will likely change dramatically before the final product.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping. The demo wasn't super great but to be honest, there wasn't much there. A tiny obstacle course that takes 10 min TOPS to beat. I'm sure the final will be much better. Though I do hope there is a rich single player experience. I havn't been following the game all that well but it seems to be very multiplayer focused. What I'm saying is, I'm hoping Single Player actually has some story rather than the "combat simulator" style of the demo.