PDA

View Full Version : Text & Old Men.

Aireal Albatros
01-25-2005, 07:56 PM
How do I make text?

Is it possible to make an old man defeatable even to proceed further?

Is it possible to make potions in this game to where they take health to zero or take health away if so, is it possible to do for fairies as far as anybody knows it?

g.iaroos
01-25-2005, 08:33 PM
1- You make text in the quest menu under Strings. You asign them in the room data under message.

2- No you can't make an old man defeatable to proceed further. Why would you want to do that anyway?? You can just put enemies in the room ???

3- Not at all. ZC is limited to what you see.

Freedom
01-25-2005, 09:58 PM
All those things are possible, and not that difficult.

to kill the old man to proceed, flag him with a sword flag and have it trigger the door through secret combos.

to make the fairy hurt you put a fairy on the screen on layer 3 , put a temp trigger in front of it on layer 0, cover it with a floor tile on layer 1 and have the temp trigger place damage combos over the whole floor on layer 0 hidden by floor tiles on layer 1.

you can also make a ring of fire pop up where the heart ring normally would be seen, put that on layer 3.

So Link walks up to get hearted up, steps on the temp trigger he never sees, a ring of fire appears and Links is hurting.

I have this in a quest, works perfectly.

Aireal Albatros
01-26-2005, 06:15 PM
Why thank you all for helping me soooo much!!!

Yeah I want to make an old man as a boss.

However there will be a castle in my game that have no enemies but people teach things even safety if you guys think it is a good idea.