PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Jen!

moocow
01-25-2005, 01:18 AM
Happy Birthday Jen! It's amazing how much you've matured since I met you... you've really grown on me! Hope you have a great birthday :)

goKi
01-25-2005, 01:24 AM
Happy birthday! Have a great day!

Glitch
01-25-2005, 01:25 AM
Have a great one from a fellow #AGN'er.

Saffith
01-25-2005, 01:39 AM
Indeed. Happy birthday, and so forth.

Lilith
01-25-2005, 02:41 AM
---

DsS Game
01-25-2005, 02:43 AM
Happy birthday jenn jenn. <3 Hope you have a good day.

Daywalker

JayeM
01-25-2005, 11:22 AM
Happy Birthday, Mitsu! Lubu lots :)

vegeta1215
01-25-2005, 11:44 AM
Happy birthday Jenn!

Prrkitty
01-25-2005, 03:55 PM
Happy birthday sweetheart. Many blessings and happy memories.
love you!!

VEL
01-25-2005, 05:39 PM
Happy Birthday!

Archibaldo
01-25-2005, 05:46 PM
Happy B-Day dudette.

ShadowTiger
01-25-2005, 05:53 PM
Jennifer, it's always a pleasure reading your posts. ;) Whenever I speak with you, I can't help but smile. Your mere presence brightens the boards.

Have a wonderful birthday. :thumbsup:

Eckels
01-25-2005, 06:33 PM
Happy Birthday Tails.

Mitsukara
01-26-2005, 08:27 AM
Happy un-birthday, Eckles.

Thank you all very much for your thoughts and wishes, I really appreciate it ^.^

(yes, the rest of this is shamelessly copied and pasted, GNET people)

I had a pretty good birthday; we did the party a few days ago, on Sunday, because my father is on a week-long out-of-the-country trip, and left on Monday.

For presents, I got:

A Gameboy Player (not hooked up yet- I was going to do it Sunday night, but it was more complicated than I wanted to hassle with at 12:30; though people keep telling me it's easy)
Super Smash Bros. Melee (which I played obsessively all Tuesday)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (not open yet; probably going to play it with mom, she usually likes watching when I play Zelda)
A pair of Gameboy SP headphones (that almost fit my head :( They're still useable, I just have to be careful about keeping them on; the hair makes it harder, of course, maybe they didn't have girls in mind; or people with big heads. Seems kind of frustrating when you consider every other gameboy system made had a normal headphone jack that I could hook up my nice $20 headphones too; you know the SP is just being assinine and trying to make money by selling you their poorly-made expensive headphones, and it works. But it was a nice gift, and I did want it, and I'll probably use them ^^)
$25 (More good to me than it sounds)

Pretty good, all in all. I have $35 in Gamestop gift cards and $20 at hastings (from Christmas), which I might be using in the next couple months- don't know yet.

I also had pizza hut (there were others for the rest of the family, but the only ones I ate off of were the large pepperoni stuffed crust, meat lovers-I removed teh canadian bacon first, yucky stuff- and cheese pizza), a spice cake with butter-cream frosting (double-layer/one and a half cans...), and chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. On my actual birthday I had oh-so-healthier meals of McDonalds (three double cheeseburgers plain, and a large Coca Cola; they lamely don't carry Super Size anymore because TI WLIL MAEK YUO FTA!!1111 LAL YB TISLEF FO CORUSE, ON OHTRE MAEL PLAECES RO HBATSI COLDU PSOSIBYL EB OT BLAEM!!!111 OVBIUSOYL, YUO CNA TAEK TI OT CORTU NDA WNI!!!1111) for brunch (at 2:00; the breakfast menu was not involved) and Taco Bell (two tacos no lettuce, two burritos no sauce no onions, and part of a shared pinto-and-cheese dip with my sister) for dinner. Mmm.

And I stayed up overnight between Sunday/Monday, dozing non-recoveringly for a few seconds at a time in the morning. I took a long walk of approximately 2 miles and got very awake for the rest of the day, and went to bed around 2:00 this morning (a little bit after Shady posted this thread). Tonight (or rather, this morning) I'll actually be sleeping some, as I did last night.

Tuesday, my sister and niece visited my brother, sister-in-law, and other niece came over for a little while; my sister and I played SSBM a little bit, and we bought a second controller (a standard $20 official one; no fancy remote wavebird, but no cheapo offbrand either; I decided on a purple one, my first one and system are black, so now it oddly sort of matches with my N64, black with a normal controller -although that was gray- and an atomic purple controller.) because I only had one (mom paid for it, which was nice of her ^.^). It waa pretty fun. Onc she left I spent a few hours playing one-player like crazy, unlocking:

Dr. Mario (cooler than Mario somehow, at least in a novel way- and I love the Fever theme ^.^)
Luigi (cool, hasn't changed much- which is a good thing)
Jigglypuff (haven't played with much yet)
Falco (haven't played with much yet- looks an awful lot like Fox...)
Marth (never actually player Fire Emblem; then again, I haven't played Earthbound, either. I'm so deprived...)
Roy (ditto)

I started trying for Young Link then gave up. I also played through about 18 events, after which I say: Shiek is the devil! Link's Shadow is annoying, and I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing with this "Bounty Hunter" business. Are you supposed to kill Bowser yourself but not lose Captain Falcon? Are you supposed to let Captain Falcon die and Keep Bowser alive? What exactly?

Princess Toadstool (or rather Daisy- I've used the Daisy color scheme every time, very cool that they included it) has rapidly become one of my big favorites now (I also like Luigi and Link; Dr. Mario is gnarly too, but he's even more like Mario than Luigi! Oh well), and I find Zelda very annoying ^^ I like how they expanded Pikachu's hat collection (though I never play him much... for certain reasons ><), the Ash hat was a cute touch.

And I just love the fact that the Super Scope is an item in SSBM! A kickarse one, too.

Sadly enough, this is the most I've ever been addicted to a new gamecube game (the only other thing I've played much are old zelda games with my collection disc); I keep meaning to play Super Mario Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion more...

SMS' only real problem that keeps me away is all the falling and starting over that you do in seemingly every single level and bonus area. A little in SM64 was acceptable, but they didn't have you do it 20,000 times in Level 2 there. The levels are awesomely designed for the most part, the graphics are beautiful- I love the water- but there's way too many opportunities to misstep and find yourself in the super-annoying-boring routine of going through the exact same prolonged means of going up so you can fall again. It's like a slide. I've had more fun just messing around the Town...

Luigi's Mansion has no excuse or reason for not being played except for time and forgetfulness. If I get a chance I should play it, darn it, but I can't remember when it's a good time!

Tommorrow if I get a chance I might hook up my gameboy player. I think I'll have to ditch my LTTP game named Mitsu, my mother doesn't exactly know I use that name for anything.

Of course, the Super Game Boy will always have a place in my heart ^.^ I love the Super Nintendo, I'm sure I'll play SML on it for the nostalgia.

I'm looking to get a copy of Zelda LA:DX soon, I really love LA and beat my old cartridge to death. The color and added stuff are good enough motivation to spend the $20.

All in all, it was good. And I feel suspiciously exactly like I did when I was 14 and 15. Maybe I'll feel older next year...

[/copyandpaste]

Again, thank you all, it's really nice to know that I actually do make a positive impression ^^ I'm always kind of half-afraid I'm being too negative and depressing, anymore. I'm trying to not be that way so much... I'm very thankful, though, for those of youy that support and care about me, it's extremely helpful to me. I love you guys (and girls). ^.^

Incidentally, now that I'm 16 I need to get a social security card (no, I have not had one since birth. For some strange reason my parents never did the paperwork) and am hoping to do a driver's ed course and get started on a learner's permit. Dunno about an actual job. I'm still trying to get a computer this year...

On the plus side, I've met a new year's resolution and bought my $20 headphones ^.^ I'm hoping they'll last over a year again, like the last pair did.

vegeta1215
01-26-2005, 12:00 PM
SSBM and The Wind Waker? Sweet! You'll really enjoy those games. They both kept me busy for a long time. btw, if you need another controller in the future, get a Wavebird. - they are awesome!

Glad you had a good birthday :)

DsS Game
01-27-2005, 05:50 PM
lol long post but that is cool tho. SSBM you will enjoy. I don't know about windwaker. I never touched the game before.

Daywalker