PDA

View Full Version : Ack! Floor Spikes!

mercurialgirl
01-24-2005, 09:31 PM
I just started the 182test.qst and I've got floor spikes! Never seen those things before.

Tried boomeranging them. Tried swording them. Tried bombing them, Tried sucking back a potion and running over them. Tried pushing blocks...

In other games, there is a hammer to smash them with. What do I do here? Most perturbing....

ShadowTiger
01-24-2005, 10:03 PM
Well, .. where are they? :p Generally, people don't walk over floor spikes. If it's 182.qst, chances are, you won't have to go over them, unless I've just .. completely forgotten where you DO have to walk over them.

Again, as far as I know, there is no place where you need to walk over spikes, or make them recede into the floor, so I think you're pretty much fine as long as you don't pursue your interest in getting past them the hard way. :p Good luck with them. Why, which level is this?

Dark Nation
01-25-2005, 08:57 AM
You need the boots.

mercurialgirl
01-26-2005, 04:18 AM
Why, which level is this?

I found some in Level 1 barring my path to the heart container. I walked over them and sucked it up, but there are more in Level 3 and I can't walk over them.

Didn't know there WERE boots now. Crap.

Beef
02-12-2005, 04:56 PM
This may be a stupid question but I just want to make sure its not a glitch. I started the 2.1 test quest (love the changes) and finished the first dungeon fine, but I can't use bombs or my candle... is this how its supposed to be or is it a glitch?

Phazite
02-12-2005, 05:10 PM
I found some in Level 1 barring my path to the heart container. I walked over them and sucked it up, but there are more in Level 3 and I can't walk over them.

Didn't know there WERE boots now. Crap.

I think the boots are in level 2 behind a locked door on the far left.

Coder GT
02-13-2005, 05:17 PM
Alright, here's the answers to everyones questions...

1) Q: How do I cross spikes?
A: Link, is correct. In level 2 there are two prizes, one of course is the Boomerang L-2 and then the boots which enable Link to cross spikes unharmed.....Get the boss key (It's in the farthest to the back room, on the farthest right, you can say the most upper right corner of the dungeon.....It's where the wise man is telling you about how "Dodongo dislikes smoke"....now that you have the key go the beginning of the dungeon, go up 1 room and left, through the locked door that requires the boss key

2) Q: What about the bombs and candle?
A: There is a bug indeed, Warlord set the candle and wand to use magic instead of just normally using it. The bomb maximum is set on "0" instead of the supposed to be "8". Download my version of it, I fixed all the bugs in the game, I beat the game anyway, so I should have all the bugs fixed...

You can read what I changed/fixed, in the topic, in this forum...
http://fast.filespace.org/Tubz/2.10test (http://fast.filespace.org/Tubz/2.10test)