PDA

View Full Version : Quick Star Ocean 3 help

Monica
01-23-2005, 08:15 PM
I'm in the Dragon Mountains (just got the Dragon's windpipe) and I simply want to know if Sophia will be in my party during the game. Did I miss her? Was she supposed to accompany Fayt? SO is one of those weird RPGs where you could miss having people in your party, and I'm confused as heck, I already accidently let Roger in before I knew this other person existed, and now I'm wondering if I missed Sophia somehow. I have Fayt, Cliff, Nel, Maria, Roger and Albel.

DarkDragoonX
01-23-2005, 09:40 PM
You can't miss Sophia. You get her no matter what, but not until the game is already about 1/3-1/4 over. She gets to be a very powerful mage, but she starts at level 1 (ouch), so you have to put in some extra hours if you really want to use her.

Monica
01-24-2005, 12:01 AM
Ahhh ok, thank you. :)

Cloral
01-24-2005, 02:20 AM
...more like 2/3 of the way over by the time you get her. You're actually further in the game than you probably think. That 'side adventure' on that planet takes up at least half the game.

BTW, when Pepita asks if she can join you, say no. She takes up a roster spot that would be better given to another character.

Monica
01-24-2005, 11:26 AM
Awww who are the best characters to have? I really regret letting Roger in, he's annoying, and he's at Level 6, how am I supposed to even use him? Is he worth levelling up? Who are the rest of the party members? And....Elicoor II is a SIDE QUEST?

Cloral
01-24-2005, 06:52 PM
Well, I considered it a side adventure as it didn't have much to do with the main storyline. Most of the time the characters are just looking to figure a way out.

Monica
01-24-2005, 06:57 PM
Yeah but, man, I thought it was the main world of the game, and that that first planet was a side adventure, lol.

Cloral
01-24-2005, 07:32 PM
It is actually the main world of the game. It just doesn't have much to do with the main storyline. Then again, considering how long you spend here, maybe this is the main storyline and the stuff about Fayt is secondary...

Monica
02-01-2005, 02:57 PM
Uh oh, I've got a huge problem. I ended up in Styx without buying everyone's best weapons and armor and I didn't get a chance to level up Sophia at all and now I get owned by the first Executioner I run into. Is there anything I can do or do I need to start all over....:(

Cloral
02-01-2005, 06:42 PM
I think there's a point there where you can heal, and some of the enemies are easier than others. So you might want to run around until you find an easier enemy, beat it without using your weapons, and then go back to the point and heal and save. Repeat until you gain a few levels. I think also if you are really careful you can run through that whole level without a single fight, but I might be remembering wrong.

Monica
02-03-2005, 04:09 PM
I made it past the Executioners to be clobbered by security in 4-D Space. I'm just not strong enough for the area. I'll have to restart, but the reason I couldn't get everyone's equipment at Moonbase is because I spent too much inventing items. How important to the game is inventing anyway? I find it to be an annoying burden. Do you have to do it?

Cloral
02-03-2005, 05:16 PM
You don't have to do it, but you can make some nice improvements to your weapons and other stuff. In the end, you get farther improving stuff you already have than making new stuff, although making new stuff is kinda fun.

I would recommend that when you go to invent stuff, you save. Then let the invention run a couple of rounds, and if you haven't come up with anything, reset. This will save you a lot of money. Also note that the cost indicates what you're trying to invent, so keep track of the costs so you don't waste money trying to invent something you've already done before.

Monica
02-03-2005, 06:27 PM
Thank you, Cloral. :) I just started over, and realized I hadn't activated Battle Trophies in the simulator, now I have, and it's cool. What kinda stuff do you get from them?

Cloral
02-04-2005, 12:40 AM
Alternate colors for your characters, and the hardest difficulty mode if you get enough of them. So really nothing too exciting. But it still feels good whenever you earn one.

Monica
02-04-2005, 01:35 PM
Ahhh ok. One more question...what is the point of signing with NPC Inventers? What does it do?

Cloral
02-04-2005, 03:24 PM
You can use them when you invent - just remember which workshop you put them in. Since some of them have very high skill ratings in an area, they can be very useful for inventing high-level stuff. Also, you can instruct them to try to invent stuff in your absense, and you'll get a share of the profits.

Monica
02-04-2005, 03:30 PM
Ohhh ok, cool, thanks. :)