PDA

View Full Version : A true GBA LttP Challenge

fatcatfan
01-23-2005, 04:40 PM
This weekend I went looking for information on how to get into the Palace of the Four Sword on my GBA LttP/Four Swords cart without actually having to play Four Swords, since I don't have anyone handy to play with. I found a FAQ on gamefaqs.com (http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/game/561559.html) about a "minimal quest" which turned out to have the information I needed. In it the author tells of a way to glitch the game and permit yourself to obtain lots of items completely out of sequence. But the same glitch also allows you to enter the Palace of the Four Sword with very little equipment. Right now I just intend to play the palace with my fully equipped Link. From what I understand the palace is quite challenging to begin with, but to try it with no bottles, a L1 sword, only 3 hearts, no boomerang, no magic shield, etc.... Where's TSA?

vegeta1215
01-23-2005, 07:02 PM
From what I understand the palace is quite challenging to begin with, but to try it with no bottles, a L1 sword, only 3 hearts, no boomerang, no magic shield, etc.... Where's TSA?

The Palace of the Four Sword is a joke. It's really small, and basically just has harder versions of bosses you fight earlier in the game, with the exception of the final battle. It pales in comparison to every other dungeon in that game. It fact it was such a disappointment that I wish it wasn't even in the game. Capcom should've left it out and just stuck to doing the Four Swords part - that turned out great and is a lot of fun.

There are several items that you must have in order to get through the Palace of Four Swords, including the Cane of Somaria, Flippers, Hammer, and Fire Rod (there may be more, that's just off the top of my head) IF you managed to glitch your way through the game and get into the palace with that equipment while severly handicapped with only a few hearts, and no bottles, etc...the bosses would crush you.

Anyways, I don't consider a play through where you need to use glitches a challenge. A real challenge for LTTP - one which I haven't done yet, but one I've seen Mak-X do - is to beat the game with only the Master Sword, and no Blue or Red Mail (ie Link in his green clothes) You don't need to perform any glitches for that one, and it should provide a great challenge to anyone playing through the game normally.

Mak-X
01-23-2005, 10:49 PM
Anyways, I don't consider a play through where you need to use glitches a challenge. A real challenge for LTTP - one which I haven't done yet, but one I've seen Mak-X do - is to beat the game with only the Master Sword, and no Blue or Red Mail (ie Link in his green clothes) You don't need to perform any glitches for that one, and it should provide a great challenge to anyone playing through the game normally.

Not upgrading the Master Sword (Level 2 Sword) makes for a great final battle because in order to hit Ganon, you have to spin attack each time.