PDA

View Full Version : here's a word game for ya

orangeblasphemy
01-22-2005, 01:38 PM
i can't remember what it's called, but you have to make words out of the letters of a word chosen by the previous poster. like, brain-rain-bin-ban-bar-ran-air. then you have to post a word and if the next poster misses some words then the one who get's them takes the cake *models a lucious marble cake with strawberry frosting* i dunno. i've been tryin to think of a decent game for like a week now, and this is the best i could come up with. how about this, we'll keep score too, just for fun. put the number of words you got above the root word and if someone finds more words they take your total (for that word). and put your total word count above that. words must be real and have at least 2 letters to count in your wc, no abbreviations.
so let's begin.
Twc 00
Wc 00
incarnation

Dumb Blonde Elf
01-23-2005, 05:14 PM
INCARNATION-

can, tin, art, cart, not, ant, can`t.

Here you go: oblivious :D

orangeblasphemy
01-24-2005, 11:02 AM
good, good, but you missed a few, and forgot to post a new word.
incarnation
in, on, rat, rant, nation, tan, rain, cain, tar, cat, ton, not, ran, coin, it, air, tic, no, oar, oat, torn, corn, rot, tao (ain't is not a real word so doesn't count)
so, since i found words you didn't i get to steal your score of 7 and add my 24 to it to make 31 and that is my twc (total word count) 24 is my wc (word count)

Twc 31
Wc 24
and the new word is
antagonist

and if you can find any words i missed you can steal the 31 back from me. thanks for playing, come again, but don't forget, i always win :)

Dumb Blonde Elf
01-24-2005, 05:06 PM
OH NO! Now I don`t get it again. And my new word was OBLIVIOUS, ya foo!
[Word count? Confused much!] :D

orangeblasphemy
01-25-2005, 02:12 PM
oh shit, i'm sorry. see you found some words, but not all of them. i figured we could keep score, thats what the word count is. the word count is how many words you found in the base word and the total word count is the amount of words you have found through out the game. since i found words in the base word i gave you i got to steal your word count, but if you already had taken apart another word completely and had that added to your total word count i wouldn't be able to take that unless i could find another word you missed in the other word. i even left a few words so you could have a chance to steal it back.

incarnation
contain, coat, arc, cairo (proper name, city), caro (proper name, product), cot, nit( noun the egg or louse of a parasitic insect)
twc 38 how many words i have acquired so far
wc 7 how many words i found in this word in this post
all of these words came from the word icarnation, so if you can find a word in it that i missed you can steal the 38 okay?

oblivious
soul, voi (french), sob, vou (french), lou (english for toilet), soil

Twc 44
wc 6

and the new word is
antagonistic

so now if you find a word i missed in incarnation you can take my 38 points from that, and if you find a word i missed in oblivious you can take the 6 from that. okay?

orangeblasphemy
01-25-2005, 02:17 PM
yeah, i thought when you typed oblivious it was a part of your post, here ya go : oblivious, you know ;) sorry

VT_Hokie_Fan
01-26-2005, 04:11 PM
antagonistic
Antagonist
at
a
an
ant
ago
gain
got
gnat
tag
sag
not
tit
nit
again
That's all for now
New Word-Linguistics

orangeblasphemy
01-27-2005, 05:24 PM
good man. thanks for playing, but first off words must consist of two or more letters, and you missed a few.

ANTAGONISTIC-
gas, ton, tin, saint, taint, tan, sit, sat, tis, can, con, coin, cot, tic, contain, coat, giant, tits, goat, goats, ants, coins, tics, coats, sac, tins, tons, snot, tags, gin, gins, tonic, tonics, gains, nog, nogs, sin, cain, nits, stint, sting, stang, tang, gnats, giants, cons, cog, cogs, nic, nics, gait, gaits, snag, tai, stain, ting, tings, sign, tanto, tantos, cains, scan, tot, tots, nag, nags, go, in, instant, ins, asti, aston, as, instants, tao, scat, cat, cats, on, ons, son, song, tans, cant, cast, taos, gast, gat (dutch for hole), gats, cots, tong, tongs, sing, tangs, tangi (norse for point of land), non, canon, canons

twc 155
wc 98 plus the thirteen you had = 111
i'll get back to you on linguistics

Ganonator
01-27-2005, 07:12 PM
linguistics:
in, is, it, us, cut, gin, gnu, gun, gut, its, lit, lug, nul, nit, nut, sin, sis, sit, sun, tic, tin, tug
<Gasp>
cist, clit, cult, cunt, cuss, cuts, gins, gist, glut, guns, guns, gust, guts, lint, list, lits, lugs, lung, lust, nils, nuts, scut, sign, silt, sing, sins, sits, slit, slug, slut, snug, stun, suit, sung, suns, tics, ting, tins, tugs, tung, unit, cling, clits, clung, cuing, cults, cunts, gists, glint, guilt, gusts, icing, lints, lists, lungs, signs, silts, sings, sinus, sling, slits, slugs, slung, sluts, snugs, sting, stung, stuns, suing, suits, tings, tunic, units, using,
citing, clings, glints, guilts, icings, insist, insult, siting, slings, stings, sunlit, tunics, cussing, insults, listing, lusting, lutings, slicing, suiting, linguist, listings, suitings, linguists, utilitsing.

<boulter.com/scrabble bonus>

"catastrophe"