PDA

View Full Version : please help, need a clue

whench
01-22-2005, 08:57 AM
can anyone please help me, i'm fairly new to this and not young anymore, but DN your giving me more grey hairs, i've played all the zelda games on the nintendo since they came out, i was happy when i could get it on my pc, i'm not the best at the fighting but i do enjoy figuring things out, and finding things, i've completed both games in the first zelda and couldn't believe my luck when 2.10 came out,( thanks alot DN ) but i have the feeling someone was being a bit sneeky, i've cleared everywhere, lost a fortune in door repair charges, found everything else i need and completed level 1. but the letter has eluded me, i'm hoping it's not some glitch on my pc, but after some of the other sneeky things i have come across so far i have the feeling i am not going to get the letter until maybe after level 3, i think i know where it is hiding ;) however due to the cost of hairdye can someone please let me know if DN is being sneeky or have i just missed something and can get hold of it before level 1

Kairyu
01-22-2005, 11:57 AM
Umm... The letter is in a cave on the screen to the left of the northeast corner. Walk to the screen below it (Just explore the northeast corner, and you'll eventually find it.) and walk up. Go in the cave, you get the letter.

orangeblasphemy
01-22-2005, 02:20 PM
yeah, it should be where it always was, but then again like in the alpha quest, that's not always true. i dunno, i'm almost finished the first quest and everything is where it should be in comparison with the origional game, but the others, well, that's a different story.

whench
01-23-2005, 04:40 AM
thanks for helping, but i goofed, meant to say i am playing the alpha quest, and he has hidden it well

Ganonator
01-23-2005, 05:04 AM
the member 'AlphaDawg' made that quest, hence the name 'alpha' for playing it, and he's the only person that knows where things are in that quest

I don't even think he made a FAQ for it...

g.iaroos
01-23-2005, 10:49 AM
I should play that official third quest one day :)

DsS Game
01-23-2005, 03:34 PM
I should play that official third quest one day :)

what does that have to do with this topic?

Daywalker

jesusfreak
01-23-2005, 11:42 PM
What exactly is the differnce in the three quests. Is it just the dungouns, ect. ect.

g.iaroos
01-23-2005, 11:47 PM
the only thing that is similar is the overall look of the overworld. Most secret caves are changed on the overworld and a lot of things are not where they used to be. The dungeons are, of course, the most visible change, beside the difficulty ;)

jesusfreak
01-23-2005, 11:54 PM
Thanks for clearing that up

whench
01-24-2005, 03:21 AM
well it is certainly turning out to be the best zelda i've played so far, not to mention the hardest, finding a few things eluding me especially in the dungeons, hmmm or maybe they have been deliberatly left out, :odd: makes it that much harder, well guess i will eventually find out, but in the meantime if anyone's playing it and has any luck with the letter i'd appreciate a clue, not the exact location, just want to know if a bomb or candle will retrieve it.

g.iaroos
01-24-2005, 09:34 AM
You won't find the letter until you completed Level 5, so you'll have to make it to that point without medecine

whench
01-26-2005, 06:53 AM
thanks, i had suspected as much, you just saved me from searching the whole map for the third time, thought i had missed something. i was searching 5 when i saw your message, was about to give up but i have it now, boy Alpha has a sneaky mind, but very challenging, thanks again