PDA

View Full Version : DVD Writer help.

Archibaldo
01-21-2005, 08:55 PM
Ok. Heres the problem. We got a DVD Writer. So today I decided to try to burn a DVD I own to see if it works. Any way. When I put my DVD in drive D and the blank DVD in drive E. It says that there is nothing in drive D. Any one know how to fix this?

Thunderbird
01-21-2005, 09:49 PM
First thing that comes to mind is whether a protected DVD is in Drive D. It's quite likely you may be unable to copy that.

But I'm an idiot when it comes to DVD burning, as I don't have a DVD burner, just a CD-RW.

Masamune
01-21-2005, 11:35 PM
Well, does it play the DVD in like media player or something? If it doesn't then it's not reading teh disc and it wouldn't be a protection problem. And if you want to copy, use DVD decrypter (google for it, i'm too lazy to link) and rip an iso of the DVD and then burn it using like alcohol 120%.

Archibaldo
01-22-2005, 10:00 AM
Well, I've been able to play the DVD. It just says that there isn't any thing in the drive when I try to copy it.

g.iaroos
01-22-2005, 05:00 PM
Then it is probably a protection problem. Use the programs people listed in the thread and you should be fine.

One thing though ... if you are trying to copy a movie that you own this way, you won't be able to copy EVERYTHING. The fact is that most DVD-R sold are 4.7 GB in size and commercial DVDs are 9.4 GB or so. Unless you got a double layered burner with double layer DVDs, you'll have to probably cut everything off except the movie and one language (in that matter english). You'll end up with a DVDs that plays like a VHS (it just plays the movie) but that retains the image and sound quality of a DVD ;)