PDA

View Full Version : this should be easy, so click here

orangeblasphemy
01-20-2005, 11:35 PM
alright. i am having trouble setting the tiles under burnt trees, push blocks and bomb holes in my overworld. i can burn a tree, but all i get is a grey square. i tried edit combo, select combo, and the other 2 combo choices. also if i put 2 flags on a screen they both go off at once. like i have a spot where you have to bomb to get the candle to burn a bush to get into a cave, but as soon as i bomb i get two grey squares at once. also , how do you place an item under a push block or a burnt tree, and one more, how do i make a push block open a shutter? i already chose it in screen data and flagged the block. i can push it and the under tile is correct but the door remains shut. please, don't give me links to tutorials because i have read four of them in their entirety and have yet to find the answers to these questions. any help will be greatly appreciated.

ZTC
01-21-2005, 02:38 PM
well, for the first part, if I remember right, the "burn" -> "selected tile" function is under the secret combo menu

orangeblasphemy
01-21-2005, 04:27 PM
i have no select combo menu. when i click it it just goes back to the regular screen, but the secret combo works. only it is that nasty grey color, do i have to edit the tile? they also still go off at the same time (the bomb and the burn). one more thing, when i use the magic shield link walks backwards with the casting tiles(his arms up in the air like he's at a fuckin concert or some shit) and when i use the mirror sheild he just walks backwards. dark nation said "you need hammer use pose" but i have no idea what he was talking about. i did however get the cave to appear under the bombable rock, thanks a lot :)

Orion
01-21-2005, 04:56 PM
go to the Data Menu, then click on Secret Combos. Click the spaces next to Fire and it will bring up your combo sheets. Select the combo you want to appear.

DeFray
01-21-2005, 06:54 PM
To fix the grey squares under push blocks, go to data >> undercombo and choose the combo you want to be underneath.

Whenever you burn something or bomb something or do anything else that activates secrets it automagically activates all secret combos at once. You can't change that. There are tricks to get around this, but they're pretty advanced and I don't know how to do them very well. You'd have to ask someone a bit smarter than me about that.

When DN said "you need hammer use pose" he meant that you're missing some tiles, probably in the first page of your tile menu. You need seperate tiles in your tile menu that the program displays when Link uses his hammer. Open up an example quest or download a tileset and look at their tile menu to see what yours should look like. If your tiles aren't set up correctly in the Tiles menu (especially in the first page) it can make Link do all sorts of weird things. I'd bet that's why your magic shield is goofing up, too.
Also make sure you don't have the "use bs animation" rule checked. I checked that rule once, and it took me a while to figure out why Link never walked right. (Though it did create a somewhat cool dancing-like effect.)

orangeblasphemy
01-22-2005, 01:51 PM
i tried to open up an example quest but all of them are password protected. i'll download a tile set i guess. as for the grey squares, i can change them, but all my choices are grey as well and the number pallet keys don't have any effect. also, i remember freedom talking about layered flags, lighting four torches to open a door, etc. how is that done, cause i think if i layered the flags in that screen i was talking about i could make it work right.

ZTC
01-26-2005, 02:44 PM
make sure you have the tile selected before you go to any of those menus, that will hopefully take care of the "blank tile" :)