PDA

View Full Version : Can't get into caves.....

Dark Link
01-20-2005, 09:56 PM
Ok, so heres the trouble. I folowed alphadogs tutorial completly, I set the green mark so he starts in 77, set the blue mark so he walks out of the cave when he exits, I set the Dmap, everything, and when I tested it, it doesn't let me go into the cave. So, I erased everything, and started over. still I can't walk into the cave. alphadog says to set the warp tiles to 80, did that. Dmap to 77, did that. is there some "duhh" step that he expected we should know? please let me know. Thanks! :)

WARYUGIMON
01-20-2005, 10:44 PM
Well, did you use the correct cave tile? There are a few that look like it...

orangeblasphemy
01-20-2005, 11:19 PM
yeah, what he said. if you click on the right black tile it will say cave walk down in the little menu jobby at the bottom as the combo type. on mine it is the first one, next to the 2 under the tree warp and the dungeon cave thing.

DeFray
01-21-2005, 07:04 PM
If you can't find a combo that says "cave" or "stairs", just right-click whatever combo you're using as a cave entrance and pick 'stairs' or one of the two 'cave' types in the "Type" scrolling box. That should do it.
And when you go to the "Edit Combo" menu make sure that the box just to the right of the picture is all gray. If you click it you'll see that it turns it pink. Any part of the combo that is pink, Link won't be able to walk on when you play the quest. So even if you pick a cave or stair type, if you make that box pink, Link will just bump into the entrance like it's a wall when you play the game.