PDA

View Full Version : House D-Maps

DeFray
01-20-2005, 04:42 PM
I'm trying to figure out if you can set multiple dmaps in one map.

I remember reading a post on this forum a while ago, where Freedom said he liked to fill a map with different house screens, and then set a different dmap for each room so they all had a different map title when you played the quest. But when I try to do something like that, I can only set one dmap to each map in my quest.

For example. I want to fill map 5 with lots of different screens that all look like house interiors. Then I want them all to have different names in the map on the upper-left corner when you play it, and maybe give them different music too.
But when I try to do this, all I can do is set dmaps for whole maps at a time.

Is there a rule or something to allow for rooms to have their own dmaps? Or is this impossible and I just read it wrong?

Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.

Freedom
01-20-2005, 05:02 PM
every time you warp, you warp to a dmap.
so house interior 1 has it's own dmap which tells the color, music, map, screen number, room type, level number etc.
same with house interiors 2, 3 4, etc.
so the house (outside) on the overworld map then warps to the house interior of your choice by chosing the correct dmap when you set up the warp.

putting a level number other then 0 is also important when setting up a dmap for a house, without a level number the message strings won't work and other things may not work as well, like shops.
The level number should be 10 or above so it won't effect your dungeon triforce levels, I just start with 10 and then add 1 to each dmap, 10, 11, 12 etc. as I add more dmaps.

Dmaps with the same level numbers share the same level number characteristics.
This is good to know for doing advanced "tricks" with ZQuest, like when you kill the boss on one dmap having it perform a task, like triggering secrets, on another dmap with the same level number.

To do this on the secondary dmap you would set a trigger enemy, set the boss flag, set enemy = secret, and set no secret sounds and when the boss on the 1st dmap is killed it will trigger whatever secret you set up in secret combos on dmap #2

DeFray
01-21-2005, 06:36 PM
Cool, it works! Thanks, Freedom.