PDA

View Full Version : Warning !!

Nameless
01-19-2005, 11:42 AM
I am one of Japanese ZC players. I love ZC too.
But I am afraid ZC may be against the law in Japan and America.
Copied graphics and copied musics may be particularly a violation of the law.
Maybe game systems may not be a violation of the law.
So we need no copied graphics and no copied musics versions.

Glitch
01-19-2005, 12:13 PM
Simmer down now...our superb staff has this all under control. You don't need to concern yourself with silly things like "laws". Heh.

4matsy
01-19-2005, 10:16 PM
Yes, there was a quite large thread discussing this a few months ago...

Hopefully, if Nintendo does start some legal action, it won't be too long before generic, original graphics/music/sounds/levels become the new defaults. I haven't checked, but I'm sure there already are at least a few quests out there that have nothing to do with copyrighted universes such as Zelda's...

Ganonator
01-19-2005, 10:37 PM
Moved to proper forum.

MottZilla
01-20-2005, 02:48 AM
ZC does violate copyright laws, however all that means is that the holder has the "option" to take legal action. It doesn't mean they have to, or that they will. Also, the developers of ZC are prepared to strip ZC of the Zelda content to the point that it's free and legal should the need ever arise, atleast that's what I last remember hearing.

Thunder Spirits
01-24-2005, 07:38 PM
Hey I am Fira,

Here is something I may do to make up for my mistakes look below.

Actually I do believe ZC is now perfectly 100% PURLELY legal because I saw a link to Nintendo's website.

I looked at the ZC E-mail they had some prices.

I looked on the-world-of-nintendo E-mail sign up website and their prices & free stuff ARE THE EXACT SAME AS ZCs!!!

mercurialgirl
01-24-2005, 09:25 PM
I think another thing is that because ZC is not fiscally profitting from this, it's really of no threat to Nintendo. After all, the Classic cartridges (or going back to disks) are not available to purchase from Nintendo, and the only recent release came with the GameCube bundle which is long gone (except for eBay, which ALSO is not buying from Nintendo), so you can't really give Nintendoyour money for this game anymore anyway.

So unless they CHOOSE to pursue legally against people who are of no substantial threat, it would just be a costly and irksome hassle anyway.

ShadowTiger
01-24-2005, 10:18 PM
I'm not worried. I'm not worried at all. ZC can have replacement music and graphics, so very, very easily. There are some seriously talented music / tile artists in the various ZC communities. It would be easy to just remake the entire graphics from scratch, with a vague similarity to Z1.

Nameless
02-04-2005, 05:53 AM
I see... Thank you for many answers.

BFeely
02-04-2005, 10:39 AM
And are you sure it couldn't be considered due to the password protection used on quests with Nintendo content?