PDA

View Full Version : GBA: Boktai

Dechipher
01-19-2005, 12:01 AM
Does anyone else have this Konami game? It has a solor power reciever attached to the game, and it uses solar power to charge up your sword or whatever to use against zombies. My grandma got it for me today, but htere's no sun power and I'd rather play Super Mario 64 right now, but does anyone know anything about htis game?

By the way, I'm talking about opinions and such, not just googled information.

vegeta1215
01-19-2005, 01:27 AM
Nintendo Power had some info about the game. It looked neat, but I didn't get it because I didn't like the whole solar power idea.

Basically your enemies are weaker during the day (when the sun is out and shining onto the game's sensor), and the sun light powers up your weapon/s. But if you don't play during the day, you face a harder game where you have to buy solar cells in the game to power your weapon/s. I read that it has a decent story, and that there are good puzzles in the game, but otherwise that's it. It got good reviews, but I don't think many people played it. :shrug:

Thunderbird
01-21-2005, 07:22 PM
I've got it, and have played through it a few times. Sunlight isn't absolutely required for most parts of the game, but for any final boss fight (boss purification section), you need at least one bar (I'd recommend at least 3). Make sure it's not flashing on and off, otherwise the fight is an uphill battle (learned this the hard way).

Note that you can usually get 1-2 bars even on cloudy days. If you have a Sunny Clog or Mr. Rainnot, you can use it to keep the bar at 2 plus what you can get on the sensor until nighttime...which can be taken advantage of by simply never allowing your clock to reach the nighttime.

Also, if you find Rising Sun Grenades (available after the first boss if you look hard enough), you don't need sunlight to whack the bosses, but you'd better make sure the effect doesn't run out (and heck, using them during the purification battles makes them a piece of cake). But you cannot use them during the absolute final battle because the boss will grab the grenade and remove it (BOOO).

Anything else? I wrote a FAQ about the game's sunlight aspect on GameFAQs if you want to check that out :).