PDA

View Full Version : Island of Winds - Is there a sword upgrade?

LightningLockey
01-17-2005, 10:16 PM
I'm at level 6 now.. and pretty much owned by all the mob's in there. Those invisible ones kill me before I have a chance to see them....

Should I have found the sword upgrade by now (assuming there are 2-3 swords) because I have the first one and those mummies take like 8 hits to kill.

chinostc
01-17-2005, 10:28 PM
You are able to get the second sword when you have five hearts. I can't remember where it is, so you will have to search around for it. As for the invisible enemies, the cross is the item you need to see them and I believe it is found in the sixth level.

Phoenix :p
01-17-2005, 11:20 PM
The second sword is somewhere in the southern coast of the isle where it is always night time. You can somewhere see a Triforce triangle and a smal entrance to a cave, which is unreachable. Blow the whistle when you stand of the Triforce mark.And that's it -- sword number 2!
And, if you've got 12 hearts, directly go fetch the 3rd sword, it's much better than the 2nd one...
And, with the flippers (I assume you've got them,) search the waters of the oceans to find some very useful items.

DarkFlameWolf
01-18-2005, 12:05 AM
A little more clearer: Go to Waterfall Island and search the southwestern edges of the island for a cave up on a rockface you can't reach and a small triangle on the ground. Blow your whistle to make a ladder appear. Voila, you got your new sword. You can do this anytime after level 1 and have 5 hearts.

LightningLockey
01-18-2005, 03:09 AM
Thanks, had no clue how to get there. And to think I managed to do the first 5 levels with the original sword lol. Leaveing one mob in the room trick is the only reason why I got so far. I thought they guy purposly made the quest really hard.

Also, what is with the old man that peeps threw some of those holes?

pucktart
01-18-2005, 03:26 AM
SORRY - off topic

I am an iMac osx user trying to download ZC. I can't get it to work, any ideas?? Thanx

01-18-2005, 12:28 PM
LightningLockey, the old man is simply here to make the world more lively, I'd say.
Pucktart, I think you should post your question in another section of the forum. And sorry, I don't know anything about Mac OSs.

LightningLockey
01-18-2005, 05:11 PM
[QUOTE=Phoenix :p]
And, if you've got 12 hearts, directly go fetch the 3rd sword, it's much better than the 2nd one...
QUOTE]

Go directly where?

And what the hell is up with these forums? Every time I want to reply I have to relog in (even with the checkmark to remember me). It is is more annoying then those things that look like a stack of pancakes that take your magic shield.

elise
01-18-2005, 06:00 PM
And what the hell is up with these forums? Every time I want to reply I have to relog in (even with the checkmark to remember me). It is is more annoying then those things that look like a stack of pancakes that take your magic shield.
You have to allow cookies and don't log out if you go ;)

LightningLockey
01-18-2005, 11:18 PM
I do have cookies enabled, it works for every other forum I go to. There are about 6 or 7 other sites that I go to that require a log in and have the option to 'remember me'.

01-19-2005, 07:51 AM
LighningLockey, for the 3rd sword: it is in the graveyard in Death Island, but I think you'll need the Hammer and the Hookshot to get it.

As for logging on and being logged out, it also happens to me when I am not on the same computer than the one with which I registered in this forum.

DarkFlameWolf
01-19-2005, 04:37 PM
yeah, my quests are not cruel. If you truly think that you are having a hard time and it shouldn't be THIS hard. Then you're probably right and haven't been exploring enough to find the tools to make it easier.

LightningLockey
01-19-2005, 06:06 PM
The game is a lot better with the 2nd sword upgrade.

I have a question for you though... you like fire balls or something? lol. Just wondering sice I see them all over the place in the dungeons and caves.

As for this forum, if I so much as refresh the page I have to relog. I should make a seperate topic about it.

LightningLockey
01-19-2005, 07:24 PM
Sorry for double post, it won't let me edit my previous post now... keeps haveing me log in...

Well I'm clueless about level 6. I found a mirror and it doesn't do anything but show me secret passageways. I found some hidden stairs in the top right of the level (there are two rooms in the top right, the one to the left is where I'm stuck) I can't go down those steps.

DarkFlameWolf
01-20-2005, 02:59 AM
yes, that lense NOT only shows you secret passageways, but also shows you secret paths that aren't visible on the screen itself. Try using it in the maze room as well. As for those stairs, try bombing that section of floor.

01-20-2005, 11:13 AM
Yeah, the Lens of Truth does not make passages appear, they just tell you that there is a hidden passage (i.e. stairs) in a defined tile, and it's up to you to find how to make it appear for good.

bigboylink
02-03-2005, 03:00 AM
I've gotten very far in this quest, and it's been a joy to play. But I'm afraid that I will not be able to finish this, because I am stuck.

Let me elaborate. I collected the last triforce piece from level 8, and am now trying to complete the windmill. But I need to defeat a double-Patra in order to get the boss key, and I HAVE NO POTION. The worst part of this is that there is a shop available, and there is a potion icon above where the items are sold (I'm assuming that it was intended to be for sale), but no potion is available to buy (but a $500 key is). I have 14 hearts, the blue tunic and level 3 sword, and simply cannot defeat the double Patra. When I appear in the room's upper left corner, I am always hit twice by the monster, so this leaves me with only 12 hearts, so I can only be hit 11 times. Is there any way to escape from the dark world town? Is there any potion available? I can't hope to get lucky fighting the Patra.

DarkFlameWolf
02-03-2005, 03:10 AM
hmmm...Well, go into the cave where you started off from, isn't there a shop there? O_o Weird because I remember that shop being a plain 'ol potion shop.

EDIT: Well, I'll be buggered. It is! O_o
Well, hold on, I'll provide an update to the version at PureZC.com (since zeldaclassic.com almost NEVER updates theirs) and you can download the new version with that blue potion available. :)

bigboylink
02-04-2005, 12:08 PM
Thanks DFW, I appreciate the update. But go figure...when I go to fight the Patra with a red potion, I manage to not get instantly hit when appearing in the room so I can get off a few shooting-sword hits. I ended up not needing the potion.

DarkFlameWolf
02-04-2005, 04:12 PM
silly goose! Well, I don't think players will be having extra keys by the time they finish level 8. Mainly because that all keys found in level 8 and all extra keys in other dungeons will be all used up in level 8. Forcing the player to find the two lone keys in that windmill dungeon to complete it. So changing the shop that sells keys to potions shouldn't effect it much. Besides, extra keys can be bought before then by the volcano island shop. All keys needed to complete the windmill are in the bad dream world anyway.