PDA

View Full Version : TEH SUCK!!11 [help...]

MasterSwordUltima
01-16-2005, 01:43 PM
At freakin' New Years Eve, around 6 or something, I restarted my computer because it was super laggy...that would be the last time that I ever see my precious desktop. Now whenever I start up my computer, it'll load up, get to the WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION IS LOADING with the green bar, and right when it normally heads over to the logon window, it just restarts. So I'm like...wtf, alright, let it restart. But after seeing this happen six or seven times, I head over to the recovery console to see if I can do a chkdsk /r.

Recovery Console seems to be loading alright, but wait, whats this? Unmountable_Boot_Volume, and then something like (ooox004021418)(00002410x245)(3500x00000021) [I dunno, just some numbers and x's]. So I looked this up on the internet, and it says to go into System Recovery [luckily I have a borrowed XP Pro Edition install CD, with the system recovery, I go into that, and try doing chkdsk /r on everything that I can...but still, it restarts.

So I go a searchin on the interweb, and I find pretty much, "run system recovery, do a chkdsk /r...blah blah, and presto its fixed" but its not. One site though, suggested that I take the hd and pop it into another computer with XP, and make it the slave drive, that way the master hd with XP on it will fix it or something. So I try that on my girlfriend's computer, and well, hmmm, it doesn't detect either harddrives when I pop mine in. But when I take mine out, it reads her's just fine. I'm thinking its because I didn't have the jumper thinger on, but hmmm.

Can anyone out there gimme any help for this? I do have another harddrive with windows xp pro on it, but my old one has all my crap on it, and its barely a year old, so it shouldn't be quite dead yet. I did have that effing Winupd.exe trojon, but I pwned that like two months ago or so. Any help at all? [I don't want to have to do anything that'll delete my stuff, ala fixboot...roar, major school stuff on it. :O].

Ganonator
01-16-2005, 02:07 PM
i guess just copy all of your important files onto your other hard drive, reformat the original, and re-install winXP. That's something we've all had to do at one point or another.

MasterSwordUltima
01-16-2005, 02:13 PM
I would if it would detect my harddrive when its connected to another...-_-'

Manny
01-16-2005, 02:43 PM
Can't help ya bro, but hey, long time no see. Good to see you're well (for the most part). How's life. Anyway, take it easy bro.
cheers,
-manny

Dechipher
01-16-2005, 02:59 PM
Haha....Manny's always interjecting like that.....

So you've tried to reinstall windows on it, right?

slothman
01-16-2005, 06:36 PM
Is there a way of installing XP without repartioning other stuff? I know ot can be done with 95/98. If you can do that that just copy over to somewhere else on the same HD and redo the other part.
If you have a CD burner that that might work. Of a network card. Or even a serial port. It will be slow but you can save everything.
Or just use your backup. I mean we all have one right. Or at least should. I made one years ago but don't have one now.

theplustwo
01-19-2005, 05:04 PM
Try hooking it up to your girlfriend's computer again but this time set the jumper to "slave" (it might work on "cable select", it might not).

Otherwise, reformat or buy a new hard drive.