PDA

View Full Version : Playstation trouble

Axel
01-15-2005, 12:21 PM
Ok, there've been a thousand topics inwhich people perscribe remedies for the many things that can screw up your NES. But this is new on me, my Playstation is screwed up.
My problem is simple: the damn thing won't turn on. I've checked and rechecked the power cable, so there's no problem there. But the PS just refuses to turn on.

phattonez
01-15-2005, 12:31 PM
Maybe there is dust in the system? That happened to me the day before a report was due.

Reznik Akime
01-15-2005, 04:16 PM
If im not mistaken, there's a fuse on the PS2s psu that you would need to check. Did you attempt to do anything too it..?

MottZilla
01-15-2005, 09:12 PM
First off, PS, or PS2? Like Reznik said, there's a chance you have a blown fuse, but lets assume it's a ps2, you don't have the switch on the back switched to off do you? :p

Lone Wolf
01-16-2005, 08:33 AM
Damn PS2's are so faulty, I hope they make the PS3 better, or I am getting a Xbox 2. :-/

Axel
01-16-2005, 10:25 PM
Playstation, PS1. Not PS2.

MottZilla
01-17-2005, 04:46 AM
Ok, when you take the PSX apart, on the side where the power cable comes in is a seperated area dedicated to the power supply I believe. Chances are one of the fuses in that area is blown. It may be obvious to see just by looking. If you find it, identify what kind of fuse it is and buy a suitable replacement. Shouldn't be that hard, unless the fuse isn't in a fuse holder and was soldering or something... but I seem to recall mine having fuse holders.