PDA

View Full Version : Another Link tiles thread

Dark Entity
01-13-2005, 11:12 PM
I started using ZC 2.10, and now my Link Tiles are all fubar. I previously had the Linktiles included with Mr. Z's Pure V-2.1, but decided to replace them with Radien's LTTP-Pure Tiles. I've tried with and without BS Animation checked, but they still don't work

Here's what the tiles look like:
http://www.geocities.com/dark_eagle8706/linktiles.bmp

Can anyone help?

Dart Zaidyer
01-13-2005, 11:18 PM
The way it sounds, I have a strong hunch that BS-Animation is being ignored even when you check it. This is an embarassing bug in 2.10, but fortunately there's a way around it.

you'll have to start the quest in 1.92, check the rule, save it, and then start working on it in 2.10. For some reason that'll get it working.

*b*
01-13-2005, 11:35 PM
yeah, ZQuest, for now, dosen't animate Link properly when the BS Animation rule is checked. also, I think your tiles are set up wrong. I think it's Walk L/R 1, 2, 3, Down 1, 2, 3, Stab L/R, Stab Down, Up 1, 2, 3, and Stab Up. at least, that's how mine are set up, and they animate perfectly

Dark Entity
01-14-2005, 12:10 AM
Well, I tried making a brand new quest file with 182, then opening it in 2.10, and importing my template and maps, but the map data was corrupted... I sure hope this doesn't mean I have to start all over again just to get the Link tiles working.

Are maps not exportable/importable in 2.10?

DarkDragoonX
01-14-2005, 12:45 AM
yeah, ZQuest, for now, dosen't animate Link properly when the BS Animation rule is checked. also, I think your tiles are set up wrong. I think it's Walk L/R 1, 2, 3, Down 1, 2, 3, Stab L/R, Stab Down, Up 1, 2, 3, and Stab Up. at least, that's how mine are set up, and they animate perfectly

You say that zQuest doesn't animate BS animation properly. Does that mean that even though it doesn't show up properly in zQuest, it still runs fine when running in zelda.exe?

*b*
01-14-2005, 12:54 AM
Well, I tried making a brand new quest file with 182, then opening it in 2.10, and importing my template and maps, but the map data was corrupted... I sure hope this doesn't mean I have to start all over again just to get the Link tiles working.

Are maps not exportable/importable in 2.10?

correct. the import/export faeture is broken right now due to something DN did to the code (forgot what it's called. brainfart), but it is on DN's to-do list. just save your quest (with the BS animation rule checked) in 1.90, then open it in 2.10. no importing/exporting is necessary

You say that zQuest doesn't animate BS animation properly. Does that mean that even though it doesn't show up properly in zQuest, it still runs fine when running in zelda.exe? no. sorry, I guess I worded that wrong. the BS Animation rule is broken in alpha 187 and up, so neither ZQuest or Zelda animates Link the way they should

heh, funny how you typed 'zQuest'

DarkDragoonX
01-14-2005, 11:12 PM
correct. the import/export faeture is broken right now due to something DN did to the code (forgot what it's called. brainfart), but it is on DN's to-do list. just save your quest (with the BS animation rule checked) in 1.90, then open it in 2.10. no importing/exporting is necessary

no. sorry, I guess I worded that wrong. the BS Animation rule is broken in alpha 187 and up, so neither ZQuest or Zelda animates Link the way they should

heh, funny how you typed 'zQuest'

Oh well, guess I just have to wait for an update.

I can't believe I typed "zQuest" either. A pretty boneheaded mistake, eh? And I'm usually on the ball with my spelling and grammar, too. Damn.