PDA

View Full Version : My map maker is screwing up

The (s)
01-10-2005, 05:56 PM
My map maker for version 1.92 184w is kinda messing up. when i open the thing up, a minute later the color of the whole thing changes automaticly, like some sort of bug or somthing that messes with the original color of the program. since its DOS and my comp is windows XP where most DOS programs dont work, is there a Windows version of the zelda map making? even trhe game its self when i play it, the color changes to a pink color in a minute.

fatcatfan
01-10-2005, 06:17 PM
Yes, there are windows versions of ZQuest. (not to be confused with my "mapmaker" utility which makes bitmap images of quest levels) Check the "Zelda Classic 2.10" thread in ZC Discussion forum and get the Windows installer found in a link at the bottom of the first post.

Dark Nation
01-11-2005, 08:36 AM
You get that, too? It happens on my machine and I thought it was just a glitch in my video driver. I have written the values of the palette out to disk and they havn't changed according to the program, so it appears to be a driver issue. *shrug*

*b*
01-11-2005, 01:26 PM
I get it too, but a quick pallete change or screen change fixes it for the most part, but the menus and CSet 0 are still messed up. and when I take a screenshot when this happens (usually to see if F12 will capture the colors), the snapshot looks completley normal

The (s)
01-13-2005, 04:27 PM
I down loaded that new version 210 but it does it to that too, so it had to be my comp, i system recoverd it and set every thing back up and put my quests that i save on disc back into the comp and it works fine again, so it could of been a windows glitch or somthin. When i first saw this color change thing, i went crazy as hell cuz i was in the middle of finishing my second quest called Evil Castle which i hope will be out soon at the end of this month.

Dark Nation
01-13-2005, 05:15 PM
I wonder if it's a bug or something in DirectX. What version of DirectX do you two have? I noticed that if you switch between Fullscreen and Windowed mode and back, all of the colors get corrected. *shrug*