PDA

View Full Version : My gamecube showcase

idontknow
01-10-2005, 12:59 PM
I have the following gamecube games:
1) Super Smash Bros Melee (Still lotsa fun & challenging for 1 player or 4! Hours of gameplay!)
2) Mario Party 4 (One of the least fun Mario Party games)
3) Mario Party 5 (Mediocre Mario Party)
4) Tiger Woods Pro Tour 2005 (I LOVE THIS GAME!)
5) GoldenEye: Rogue Agent (ok, not so great as other Bond games)
6) Mario Power Tennis (I LOVE THIS GAME!)
7) Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (Fun, fast-paced, but kinda easy for single player, great with friends!)
8) Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (Mediocre Golf Game)
9) Starfox Adventures (This game SUCKS!)
10) Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (Mediocre Zelda game, way too easy!)
11) Metroid Prime 2 (GREAT GAME!)
12) Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 (Kinda cool game, you can be the cops & arrest people!)
EDIT: (For got to add the following)
13) Soul Caliber II (Cool Fighting Game!)

What games do you guys have & what games would you recommend for such a showcase as mine?

Brasel
01-10-2005, 01:19 PM
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes is a great game if you haven't played the original or if you were a big fan. I don't see much reason in getting it if you weren't a big fan of the orignal though, its pretty much the same game other than the tweaks that MGS2 had to offer.

Samson007
01-10-2005, 03:14 PM
TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 2005 ROCKS!

sorry got a little caps lock happy.

I got that game for christmas and I love it too. I already have 110% for all my stats. I bought all gold clubs so they look awsome. And when I make birdie, sometimes my guy does the robot, sometimes he does the moonwalk, sometimes he just breakdances on the ground.

Either way, that game is so awsome. I got all the legendary scenario medals (gold in all), that took a while, good luck when you have to play with Boomer on your team against tiger and palmer, its almost impossible to get that gold.

Anyway, i could rant about his game all day, but have fun playing it.

Oh, one more story.

I was up playing that game with my brothers friend on saturday night..........until 4:00 AM. And we came to this par 3. He says to me. You better get a hole in one. So i got one! So he says, now I need one too, and he gets one! Back to back aces, it was awsome.

MottZilla
01-11-2005, 03:07 AM
F-Zero GX

Get it, play it, love it. Best game that's GC exclusive (not counting the F-Zero AX of the arcade).

Vagla
01-11-2005, 05:29 AM
Metroid Prime and Beyond Good & Evil are must-haves, in my opinion; you can't go wrong with them. Additionally, I highly recommend Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. Others worth mentioning include Super Monkey Ball and XG3 Extreme-G Racing. Good stuff, those are.

MottZilla
01-11-2005, 06:03 AM
Oh yes, I must second the Prince of Persia games, they are great. I've played the xbox versions though. ;) Resident Evil is good if you like that kind of game, and ofcourse Metroid Prime I forgot to second that, it's a great title, although has quirks.

Zaggarum
01-11-2005, 09:03 PM
Tales of Symphonia is a great RPG. Its not the best RPG, but its the best one for GCN

KingOfHeart
01-12-2005, 03:03 PM
For Gamecube I have:
Super mario sunshine
Zelda windwaker
Mario party 4
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Crazy taxi

Mario party 4 wasn't that much fun either and crazy taxi lost it's fun as soon as I got the bike.

Dart Zaidyer
01-12-2005, 03:29 PM
F-Zero GX. It's fast, it's challenging, and most importantly, it's HARD HARD HARD. You'll spend a loooong time trying to beat this one and keep coming back for more, in between throwing your controller across the room.

Spider-Man 2. Surprisingly awesome for a game about the movie about the comic book. Manhattan is your playground and the controls are so great you can actually pull off all those outrageous stunts from the movie.

Metroid Prime. Try finding the original US release... The "Player's Choice" edition contains a few new obstacles to convey Retro's secret pet peeve, and that is "Hey! Quit trying to play the game in faster and interesting ways!"

Pikmin 2. Awww, listen to that... The little Pikmin sing songs as they follow you around, waiting for the command to brutally swarm whatever monsters try to get in the way! This game is fun and charming.

Lutraphobiac
01-12-2005, 03:37 PM
TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 2005 STUFF

Is it that easy or are you that good?

Now that GameCube has developed a respectable library of games I have been thinking of getting one. This will be a good reference.

Square
01-12-2005, 03:59 PM
I have twenty-something. I only realised this when I put Second Sight that I bought in a sale on my gamecube rack. They mainly consist of rpgs and nintendo games.
Though I certainly wounldn't buy Tiger Woods. I'm not into sports games unless you count F-Zero GX and Mario Kart: DD as sport.
Though I am definately getting Mario Tennis. When it comes out.

Archibaldo
01-12-2005, 05:39 PM
I have twenty-something. I only realised this when I put Second Sight that I bought in a sale on my gamecube rack. They mainly consist of rpgs and nintendo games.
Though I certainly wounldn't buy Tiger Woods. I'm not into sports games unless you count F-Zero GX and Mario Kart: DD as sport.
Though I am definately getting Mario Tennis. When it comes out.
Isn't Mario Tennis out already, or am I imagining things?

vegeta1215
01-12-2005, 08:45 PM
Now that GameCube has developed a respectable library of games I have been thinking of getting one. This will be a good reference.

Check out this thread for reference too: http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=83520 (I posted my list of games in that thread, and I recommend them all)

Rijuhn
01-13-2005, 12:05 AM
I've owned all of the following:

Currently Own
-------------------
- Metroid Prime 2 - It's a good game, but I still haven't been able to beat it or enjoy it as much as the first one.

- Zelda Wind Waker - This game was average in my opinion. The child cartoon fator just killed it for me.

- Tales of Symphonia - The best RPG on the GCN I've played and one of the better RPGs I've played in my days. A must buy for all GCN owners.

- Soul Calibur II - This games fighting system is so complex and deep that you could study it in college and still have no clue how to master a character. I love this game, but I haven't gotten a chance to play against anyone recently.

- Super Smash Bros. Melee - This is the game that made me buy GCN and I'm glad I did. I can't tell you how many hours and nearly sleepless nights I've spent playing this game.

Previously Owned
-----------------------
- Animal Crossing - This game was cute and addicting...for two months. After I did everything in two months I hated the game and sold it a few months later.

- Metroid Prime - I really enjoyed this game and the atmosphericnism is totally awesome. A must buy for Metroid fans.

- Super Mario Sunshine - Omg, this game SUCKED SO MUCH!!! I hated this game. It was not a Mario game at all. You run around some resort town with a giant squirt gun on your back, wtf? I'd rather play Super Mario 64. I sold this game without beating it I hated it so bad.

- F-Zero GX - This game was okay. The speed and levels were awesome, but I didn't feel like I had enough control and freedom on the tracks and I couldn't beat that Samurai guy to progress any farther in the story mode. Don't buy it unless you're a racing fanatic.

ShadowTiger
01-13-2005, 12:47 AM
Games I Own (In order of purchase.)

SSBM: Currently lent to my sister's friend. I can't wait to face her! :D
Blood Omen 2: Legacy of Kain: .. I don't really like this game. Too ... linear, .. a definite console game. ( :p )
Starfox Adventure: ... Same.
Metroid Prime 1: ... Same. :odd:
TimeSplitters 2: .. Heck yeah! Brilliant game. Map Editor took a bit of work, but I now LOVE it. It's brilliant.
Wind Waker: .. I see absolutely nothing wrong with this game. :odd: .. I love it. 'nuff said.
Metroid Prime 2: ... :p Duh.
Future Tactics: Not TOO bad, if you give it time. Purchased at same time with MP2.
Harry Potter: Quidditch tournament thing ...: I dunno. My sister purchased it.

I also have a PAR CD I got sometime around TS2. That thing has been a lifesaver at times. @_@

Archibaldo
01-13-2005, 05:38 PM
I have:
SSBM
007: Nightfire
Harry Potter: Chamber of Secrets
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Kart: DD
Star Wars: Rebel Strike
The Sims: Bustin Out
Baten Kaitos
The Incredibles

DarkDragoonX
01-13-2005, 08:57 PM
On my shelf:

SSB:M
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2 (I *HATE* having blaster ammo, though)
LoZ: Wind Waker
Resident Evil (Remake)
Resident Evil 0
Tales of Symphonia
Lost Kingdoms
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Super Monkey Ball
Resident Evil 4

Incidentally, if you own a 'Cube, you HAVE to buy RE4, whether you like survival horror or not (RE4 is not at all like the previous RE games). Games like this are the reason people play games to begin with. It's flawless in nearly every way.

Bartman
01-20-2005, 09:48 AM
My fav game is metroid 2, because of the new death ball :D

The other game that i ave is DBZ budakai, but i think that this game isnt very good :rolleyes:

My fav fighting game of all time is Mortal Combat:deadly alliance :D

i want the new MK game :cool: