PDA

View Full Version : Idiot in Columbus, OH gaming store

Jakq
01-09-2005, 04:57 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62054&item=8160021033&rd=1

He tried to sell me one of these, when I started looking for nes games.

Him: Its an official nintendo.
Me: No, it isnt
Him: Yeah it is, the FC means famcom. Thats the japanese nintendo.
Me: actually, it means famicom, and its not official.
Him: Yeah it is.
Me: Wheres the seal of quality.
Him: It isnt quality, so it didnt get it.
Me: ...
Him: I dont sell pirate stuffs.
Me: Dude, thats a pirate console, the box doesnt even say nintendo on it. Screw this.
I wait for my friends family to get done, and we leave.

Me: (thinking) I should report him. Idiot. :laughing: :mad:

Lone Wolf
01-09-2005, 05:20 PM
Scammers suck, but stupid ones can make you laugh. :)

Lutraphobiac
01-09-2005, 06:05 PM
He is not an idiot if he is making money off of people.

Rijuhn
01-09-2005, 06:39 PM
Totally report his ass, I definately would. Jerk offs like that make me so mad.

vegeta1215
01-09-2005, 07:43 PM
I saw those knock-off Famicoms at a local video game store that has a lot of import stuff. They had a similar device that hooked into a GBA and let you play Famicom/NES games on it.

btw, I'm sure he knows it's a knock-off. Still, you should find a picture of a real Famicom (they're red and white iirc) and email it to him. :)

Grasshopper
01-09-2005, 08:15 PM
Ah, the wonders of the retail worker. Maybe hes desperatly trying to get rid of a piece of junk. :laughing:

Orion
01-09-2005, 09:41 PM
Totally report his ass, I definately would. Jerk offs like that make me so mad.

Haha, sorry, but that completely reminded me of Jr. High, when whenever you so much as stuck out your tongue out at someone, they would say "I'm gunna report you to the principal!!!"

If someone is stupid enough to buy that, then they deserve to be stuck with it. Then, they will learn not to buy stuff like that anymore and thus is more likely to spread the word, in turn, ending all piracy.

Okay, I wasn't serious...

wtf... "Good Quality Same As CD Game Level"?

Cloral
01-09-2005, 10:03 PM
Why do the controllers have 4 buttons if it is suppossed to play NES games?

MottZilla
01-10-2005, 02:31 AM
Sorry guys, but you are all wrong. The Neo Fami is a great pirate Famicom System and plays all Famicom and NES games (with an adaptors for NES games). It's by no means a cheap or shitty product when you consider things. For one, they've been making perfectly good famicom clones along time now. Also the price to aqquire an actual famicom isn't cheap, and it'd be used. Another thing is that the Neo Fami uses NES controllers where the real Fami used retarded always attached controllers.

Anyway, the Neo Fami isn't a bad buy if you need a Famicom compatable system.

vegeta1215
01-10-2005, 03:01 AM
The Neo Fami is a great pirate Famicom System and plays all Famicom and NES games (with an adaptor for NES games). It's by no means a cheap or shitty product when you consider things. For one, they've been making perfectly good famicom clones along time now.

If it really does work that way, then yeah. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who don't care if it's a pirated system, cause like you said, the real thing is more expensive and often rare.

Jakq
01-10-2005, 01:23 PM
I only care if he advertises it as a liscenced system. I dont care if he sells pirate systems. I mean, who else is making new NES's anyway?

MottZilla
01-11-2005, 02:58 AM
New NES units have been out of production since the early 90s I'm sure, but the Famicoms were in production (officially) till the late 90s or even into the early 2000s I believe.

Anyway, I agree it's good to pick on those bastards that pass it off as something it isn't. They should be upfront that it is a pirate/unofficial product.

Jakq
01-11-2005, 01:21 PM
I hope they keep making the pirate consoles with the NOAC (nintendo on a chip). It makes it easier for peeps like Ben Heck to make portable consoles.

Off Topic: I finished my portable NES. Sort of.

MottZilla
01-12-2005, 01:24 AM
Exactly. The modern technology (not really modern anymore) lets the famicom hardware fit on just alittle chip rather than the much larger PCB. ;)

Orion
01-12-2005, 01:54 AM
Is somethin like this even illegal? If you make the hardware that just happens to be able to play another hardware's software, without much of a resemblence in design, what laws are they breaking?

Jakq
01-12-2005, 01:37 PM
None. Because it does not say nintendo anywhere on the box. It says something like, "Plays your favorite 8-bit games."

MottZilla
01-13-2005, 02:49 AM
It is illegal if Nintendo's patent were still valid, but patents don't last like copyrights. By now, it's perfectly legal I believe. However, remember this. There are other Famicom pirate devices that have a pirate 36587656 in 1 game built in, which ussually include Super Mario Brothers which makes these devices illegal due to copyright infringement. But the NeoFami, is legal.

blue kirby
01-15-2005, 12:19 PM
I found a site that has a ton of bad gaming store experiences.

http://www.world-of-nintendo.com/fun/worst_nintendo_experiences/funcoland.shtml

Fortunatly, I've never had any terrible experiences, although I have seen a store selling the super mario brothers/duck hunt cartridge for over $10.