PDA

View Full Version : password needed to play .qst file

LightningLockey
01-07-2005, 02:00 PM
I can't find the answer in the faq's...

I tried to play a game I was told about, Legend of Zelda Gannon's Return, but it asks me for a password? I can't find anything in the faq's about it. I tried to follow them, but it is giveing me only invalid password errors. When I press a I get get somethig about enter a value. This is really confuseing.

ShadowTiger
01-07-2005, 02:24 PM
... Well ... You opened up the quest in ZQuest, the editor. You have to open the quest in Zelda.exe.

To play a custom quest, register a name, (Preferably the name of the quest. :p ) then press they key you have assigned to sword, (I forget if it's B or A. I never change my key config, so..) then press it again, and you can browse for the quest. Double-click on the quest, (Unless you can't find the quest, in which case, look for it, obviously.) then when the quest icon (The image of Link on the left of the name) has changed, it's more than likely that you did it correctly. Good luck. :)

LightningLockey
01-07-2005, 05:30 PM
all I have is zelda-w.exe and when I go to misc, I'll click on the game I want to play but it only opens the default game.

Ganonator
01-07-2005, 09:37 PM
Woosh! - Moved -

*b*
01-08-2005, 04:14 AM
press the key you have asigned for the "A button" twice. it will bring up a menu that will allow you to select which quest to play. however, you cannot save in the newly created file (before you load the new quest), or it won't allow you to load it

LightningLockey
01-08-2005, 08:17 PM
When I click on zelda-w.exe it will start the default zelda 1 first quest. When I click my mouse, I get a menu on the top of the scree that has game, settings and misc tabs. In the misc tab I try to load the quest directory. Press ok and it doesn't load it, but play the zelda 1 game. I don't get any error messages at all.

Freedom
01-08-2005, 09:08 PM
How to load custom quests in Zelda Classic

1) Double click on zelda-w.exe
2) Press "Enter" to pass the flames.
3) Press "Enter" to pass the Zelda intro screen.
4) register a name, and press enter.
5) press "A" (Alt)
6) Press "A" (Alt) again
7) browse to the quest you want to play, choose it and press "ok"
8) press "Enter" to play.
The above steps assume you have put the custom quest in the folder with Zelda Classic :)

gildedplatinum
01-08-2005, 10:09 PM
Thank you freedom, I had the same problem.

LightningLockey
01-09-2005, 02:23 PM
Thanks for your help.

BFeely
01-12-2005, 11:26 AM
When I first saw this thread, I instantly thought "DRM gone amuk."

KingOfHeart
01-12-2005, 02:56 PM
Hmm interesting. This quest has the same name for my Zelda quest(another program)
At first I thought you were talking about my quest but I was wrong.