PDA

View Full Version : What I did on my Christmas Vacation

AtmaWeapon
01-06-2005, 11:26 PM
I'm sure two or three of you noticed my absence on the boards the past few weeks. So sorry your favorite target was gone, but I had some important work to do. Actually, I just kind of took a break from the internet for a while and didn't really do much. At the end of November things got really busy and I pretty much ran full throttle until December 28th so I just didn't have time for internets.

Anyway, I could go on and on about all the stupid things I did on my break but really other than restarting FFTA I don't think any of it would interest you.

Stupid things out of the way, it's time for important things. Some of you may have seen the member Pig (http://www.armageddongames.net/member.php?u=10259) pop in from time to time. We've been dating for dang near 5 years now, but no more! I got really tired of it and decided that action was necessary. On Christmas Eve, I proposed to her and we are now engaged to be married! :) We had a pretty good Christmas holiday together and now I'm back in TN again and she's not. :/ Anyway, I just wanted to make this important announcement that I am sure will change life as you know it!

Drunken Tiger
01-06-2005, 11:30 PM
Congrats on the engagement!! I dont know how this will change my life.. But im sure it will!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up so i can prepare !! lol...

Rainman
01-06-2005, 11:37 PM
Pig? That's not a nice thing to call her.

Archibaldo
01-07-2005, 12:35 AM
Wow, congrats dude. When's the wedding?

AtmaWeapon
01-07-2005, 12:55 AM
Wow, congrats dude. When's the wedding?

I'm simultaneously glad and annoyed that you asked. I'm glad you care but the situation is difficult.

See, we're getting married after we both finish college. This is pretty clear-cut for her because she has 3 semesters left (counting this one). Unfortunately I am in a co-op rotation which makes the calculation of my graduation date some sort of art that requires the use of a compass, the Mayan calendar, 17 INT, and a Windows 95 installation disk. I think I have 3.5 semesters left, but I'm not quite certain. So I'm thinking that maybe I'll be done Spring 2007 and definitely Fall 2007. Where the date is set after that is to be determined.

theplustwo
01-07-2005, 02:57 AM
Congrats, man! :)

I'm glad you're not trying to pull off a wedding while you are both still in college.

I've been checking your blog and I even GMailed you, but to no avail. I assumed you were on one of your internet sabbaticals. :)

Welcome back.

moocow
01-07-2005, 06:05 AM
congrats my dear, best wishes to both of you :)

Glitch
01-07-2005, 08:00 AM
Congratz Atma. Jesus, I hate you all....everyone is getting married or having babies. Heh. Must be "the cool thing to do these days".

zfreak2004
01-07-2005, 10:00 AM
Congratz man. Congratz on keeping that one relationship going that long. Anyone who can keep a relationship like that going through their teen years has nothing but my respect. Way to go! :thumbsup:

fatcatfan
01-07-2005, 10:07 AM
Congratulations. Inexplicably, I'm having visions of the finale scene from "The Muppets Take Manhattan".

Speaking from experience, you should hold to your plan to wait until after school. We got married while we both were Sophomores. We made it work, but I could've focused more on academics if we'd waited. Instead I had to hold down a job. But since your fiancee is finishing soon, you could be a bum and let her make all the money while you finish school.

Archibaldo
01-07-2005, 11:42 AM
I'm simultaneously glad and annoyed that you asked. I'm glad you care but the situation is difficult.

See, we're getting married after we both finish college. This is pretty clear-cut for her because she has 3 semesters left (counting this one). Unfortunately I am in a co-op rotation which makes the calculation of my graduation date some sort of art that requires the use of a compass, the Mayan calendar, 17 INT, and a Windows 95 installation disk. I think I have 3.5 semesters left, but I'm not quite certain. So I'm thinking that maybe I'll be done Spring 2007 and definitely Fall 2007. Where the date is set after that is to be determined.
Sorry dude, I ddin't mean to offend you. I was just curious. :shrug:

ShadowTiger
01-07-2005, 12:21 PM
... Man, if only AGN had a ballroom, ...
It would be so frequently used this year..

Congratulations, Atma. :highfive: I'm very happy that you and Pig (I just can't get used to saying that..) are going to spend the rest of your lives together. I can't imagine it happening to any two better people. :)

Pig
01-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Sorry dude, I ddin't mean to offend you. I was just curious. :shrug:

Nah, he wasn't offended. We're just both not very happy with the situation of having to wait, but we both think it's a stupid idea to be married while in school, trying to keep our grades up, keeping a job, paying the bills, and all that wonderful stuff that comes from marriage. :) Like I said, we're not happy with the idea of waiting, but have talked about it and we both know that is the best thing for the both of us, and our future. :)

AtmaWeapon
01-07-2005, 08:30 PM
Yeah it's a shame I typed it that way after having a conversation that day with my manager about how you have no inflection in typed word so sometimes the wrong meaning comes across.

I was glad you asked because it showed you cared. I was annoyed because I don't like not knowing. :)

Brasel
01-08-2005, 05:25 PM
Congrats guys. May your years be long and happy. :)

biggiy05
01-08-2005, 05:32 PM
Congratz man for a second I thought you were gonna say you broke up with her but glad to see you two are gonna get married.

Ich
01-09-2005, 04:24 AM
Wow, Atma, this is really something. I am so happy for both of you. Good job taking the initiative.

Wow, AGN is getting all grown up... *Sniff* Everyone's getting older and married and jobs and kids... I feel left behind!