PDA

View Full Version : ZQuest Double Sized

Raichu86
01-06-2005, 02:36 AM
Isn't a way to make ZQuest double-sized (like sbig in ZC itself) long overdue?

Running ZQuest full screen is a hassle because it causes display problems (that don't go away after ZQuest is closed) in certain programs, prevents easy access to other programs, and will look somewhat blurry on an LCD.

On the other hand, running ZQuest windowed is much too hard to work with in a display of 1024x768. Think of tile editing when you have to have cursor accuracy of a few pixels. I'm sloppy enough with setting out combos on a screen when 320x240 takes up the whole display.

Who concurs?

*b*
01-06-2005, 02:38 AM
oh, I do. I use 1024x768 resolution as well, and ZQuest looks so small on my screen in windowed mode. I'd love to be able to work like that, but it's so small I can hardly see anything (not really, but compared to fullscreen, it's a huge difference)

Praethus
01-06-2005, 02:40 AM
I agree. I would love to work in ZQ windowed, but it's just too small on 1024x768.

Rydia
01-06-2005, 02:40 AM
I do have to second this. This is something that would help people out a lot. I have tried many times to do ZQ windowed, but it never worked, because everything was just too small.

Dark Nation
01-06-2005, 08:43 AM
FCF added a scale option a while back. Add the following to the end of the command line:
-scale 2

If it's still too small, change the 2 to a 3 or 4.

fatcatfan
01-06-2005, 09:53 AM
What rock have you guys been hiding under? :waggle:

Praethus
01-06-2005, 04:18 PM
A big one. A really, really big one.

Raichu86
01-06-2005, 04:31 PM
Oops. :laughing: Sorry! Thanks for adding that, fatcatfan.

*b*
01-06-2005, 07:07 PM
What rock have you guys been hiding under? :waggle:

a what now?

where am I?

... well, whatever. that helps alot, fcf, thanks

Orion
01-07-2005, 12:56 AM
If I reacall some of you tested that function and had mentioned soem things about it. Maybe I was wrong, but I distinctly remember the thread in which it was introduced.

Dark Nation
01-07-2005, 08:50 AM
It tends to leave some cursor artifacts on the screen when you move the mouse, but seems fairly stable otherwise.

fatcatfan
01-07-2005, 10:02 AM
There's also the problem with the mouse transition between the ZQuest window and other windows, but again it is just annoying, not fatal.

Orion
01-07-2005, 05:45 PM
One thing I noticed about the scaled version is that there seems to be a little bit of a lag issue that wasn't present in the older betas I had used it in. Namely, the screen selector, when you use the arrow keys, the selector may slide anywhere from 3 screens too far, or all the way to the opposite end. Also, once you click to place a tile, it may take anywhere from 1 to 2 seconds to appear on the screen. Is this something that can be fixed with a different addition to the command line?

Also, is the gold GUI still in here somewhere?

EDIT:

Another thing, once I tried to take the -scale 2 out of the command line, it wouldn't revert back to the original, smaller size. It still appeared as big as it did with the scale 2 option in there. I even tried making a new shortcut, and it also appeared to be bigger even though I had left the scaling option out. I ended up having to go into the ag.cfg file to return it to normal.

fatcatfan
01-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Is this something that can be fixed with a different addition to the command line?Probably not. As I've said, its just a hack. We need a fully redesigned ZQuest GUI (or recoded anyway) to allow for proper scaling.

Also, is the gold GUI still in here somewhere?Should be. I don't recall the numbers for it or the Easter GUI, but they should be there.

I ended up having to go into the ag.cfg file to return it to normal.I don't even remember adding support to load a scale from ag.cfg. But the way all such options work is that if they are present on the command line, they override, but otherwise they are taken from ag.cfg. That means you'd actually need to change your shortcut to -scale 1

Ian
01-07-2005, 11:21 PM
If you go into the ag.cfg file, you can change the scale factor from 1 to 2 to get the same effect.

And the Gold GUI number is 687. That's what I use. (It's a lot better on the eyes using gold GUI in the TIle Editor, the cross grid between the pixels isn't as blinding now)

Orion
01-08-2005, 12:08 AM
Yea, I found the number looking in an old beta, but for some reason, it likes to revert back to 0 in the cfg file. I finally got it to save, and the GUI remained gray. No big deal, it can be lived without :P

Sephiroth
02-17-2005, 01:22 AM
Question, Can this -scale 2 option be implemented for the actual player as well?

fatcatfan
02-17-2005, 09:56 AM
try -res 512 448 big for the player.