PDA

View Full Version : CSet 5 suggestion...

*b*
01-04-2005, 03:12 PM
ok, I know I've suggested this before, but, would it be possible to add CSet 5 to the Level palletes? the tileset I'm working with demands it, else it will look horrible, and I'm sure other tileset creators would love to see this as well

it just never made sense to me as to why it was never included...

Dart Zaidyer
01-04-2005, 05:11 PM
CSet 5 can be seamlessly integrated as a level palette if you use palette cycling on it.

That may be why it's been overlooked, actually. But still... A quest rule would be nice.

Cloral
01-04-2005, 10:15 PM
Are there any other csets you can do this with too, or is this just limited to cset 5?

*b*
01-04-2005, 10:51 PM
and, how do you do this, exactly? you didn't give very much info...

ShadowTiger
01-04-2005, 11:24 PM
Oh, .. well.. You just go to ... Y'know, I can give you my Wish quest template over AIM or something and show you how it's done. :p It's done in roughly the same method as making the player in total black and white, or making the heart indicators green instead of red, like the player is poisoned. (I think Nick or Happyman had originally thought up this concept though.)

.. Alright, .. Basically, you take Cset 5 from the Main pallete window, and stuff it into the Csets under the gray 2 in your Level Pallete, then .. I suppose you could paste it again, But I doubt you really have to do this, but I haven't tried. Then, go to Cycle, and under Cset, put "5" instead of 2, 3, or 4. Then do the standard animating stuff as usual, ... Hm. I think this would replace one of the Csets 2-4 though if you did this, but I'm not sure.

When using it with Csets 6 or 7, (It does NOT work with Cset 8. .. Bug.) it doesn't take up any Cset of yours, as it effects independant things, like the main character or heart indicators, or obviously whatever Cset 6 or 7 affects, or whatever non 2-4 subjects you have. But utilizing a new Cset to construct your world with, would probably require a sacrifice of some sort, being Csets 2-4.

*b*
01-05-2005, 12:31 AM
I'm using 2.10, and I can't seem to find the 'cycle' button of which you speak. should it just be in the Level Pallete editor, or is it located in some special space?

Blonde799
01-05-2005, 12:45 AM
Wasn't palette cycling removed or something?

ShadowTiger
01-05-2005, 12:46 AM
I know for a dead cold hard fact that it was there in Alpha 4. :odd: ... Possibly in Alpha 5, but I'm not sure.

Honestly now, why would such a gift be removed? :shakeno:

... EDIT: ... * Happily Points Downward * ...

4matsy
01-05-2005, 01:04 AM
Make sure the Interpolated Fading quest rule is on. ;)

Freedom
01-05-2005, 01:33 AM
The interpolinated fading rule replaces the palette windows, what once read "dark" on the window, becomes "cycle"

*b*
01-05-2005, 02:58 PM
ah, that fixed it. I don't know why I didn't have that enabled before. thanks guys

Freedom
01-05-2005, 05:38 PM
*b*
Actually that surprises me you didn't have it checked too, wasn't it you that brought up the problem with bs animation and links tiles?
It's my understanding that when you use bs animation that the interpolinated fading has to be checked.

*b*
01-07-2005, 01:44 AM
you're kidding... I'll try that. if that works, I'm going to feel like a royal dumbass...

well, I'm almost glad it didn't work. I can't see why the two rules would coincide anyway...

Freedom
01-07-2005, 04:18 AM
The reason I would think is that bs animation effects the water cycling, but I think it was in Alphadawgs tutorial where I saw that if you used bs animation that both had to be checked.
I don't use it so I haven't experimented with it a lot yet, but I will be in my next quest.