PDA

View Full Version : Entering dungeons

Jackdeldev
01-03-2005, 08:09 AM
Hi everybody,

Happy New Year :D

Ok I got a problem, regarding entering dungeons. I thought I had solved it but, it came back. whe link enters a dugeons he appears on the left right corner.

but on the previous dungeons I have build he enters them perfectly. An I did follow all the steps rquired ( since it worked perfectly for the previous one ) I have shecked the rule tile wart etc... but can't find the bug.

Any body knows how to solve the problem ? :)

Thank you :)

punkonjunk1024
01-03-2005, 05:14 PM
I had this same problem. I have 2 suggestions -
DL the new ZC, see if its still there.
I'd have to check, I may be mistaken, but for dungeons, it seems that you always enter from the bottom screen, no matter what, so the little thing you set for the entrance place does nothing.
I KNOW I did something to fix this, but I've been breaking from ZC for about a month, I got... sidetracked. :P
When I get home, in about an hour or so, I'll check to see what was up in my quest.

Jackdeldev
01-03-2005, 05:50 PM
Thanks I have dl the new ZC, but I still have the problem :)

Freedom
01-03-2005, 07:10 PM
You have to set the dmap, warps, and green and blue positioning squares properly.
This is all covered in Alphadawgs tutorial.
I think that will fix you up.
sounds like you're going to the wrong screen all togeter from what you said above.

Jackdeldev
01-04-2005, 06:25 AM
No I have set them right, it always the first thing I do. But I'll follow you advice, I'll go sheck them again. :) Maybe I didn't set them right :)

Thanks

punkonjunk1024
01-04-2005, 10:39 AM
I didn't know what to call them. what I was saying is that the green and blue pos. squares must be in the corner where they start, but I was wrong. :P I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure if its a dungeon DMAP, the entrance point is fixed.

Jackdeldev
01-04-2005, 11:16 AM
Well call me crazy all the steps weir right but he ketp appearing on the left corner. But then I just started to start all the steps over and it works. :)

I don't get it :) but anyway, thanks for your kindly help :)

Freedom
01-04-2005, 03:05 PM
Jackdeldev,
Punkonjunk is wrong above, positions aren't preset.
The default position is in the top left corner, so anytime you warp to a screen and end up there it's because the green or blue positioning square needs to be set.

Jackdeldev
01-04-2005, 05:40 PM
Thank you Freedom :) Works fine now :)

punkonjunk1024
01-05-2005, 01:39 PM
Jackdeldev,
Punkonjunk is wrong above, positions aren't preset.
The default position is in the top left corner, so anytime you warp to a screen and end up there it's because the green or blue positioning square needs to be set. Eh, I was having a problem where if I had set the blue and green postioning tiles in the right side, I just started in the right top corner. It's fixed now, for whatever reason. :goofy: