PDA

View Full Version : editing link tiles in 2.10

LanDi
01-02-2005, 03:29 PM
in the new 2.10 ZQuest, is it currently possible to be able to alter the tiles/animation for link when he recieves a new item?
that is to say that once link recieves a new item, his animation/appearance will be altered for the rest of the game, that the new item will affect the way he looks. im trying to get it so that when link gets a new ring on top of reducing damage it could change his appearance totally, like give him a new outfit or something rather than just change the color of his tunic.
I see the link tiles option in the sprites section under graphics, but i cant figure out how to edit it. can anyone help me out?

thanks in advance

idontknow
01-02-2005, 07:52 PM
YES! You can do this, using what's called a "Link Tile Modifer (Mod)" but it may be somewhat complicated, once you have a combination of items that use this. When you go to "Sprites->Items", and double-click an item that will change his appearance, such as a ring item, you'll see a "Link Tile Mod: 0"...replace 0 with a number and this will change Link's walking sprite by that many tiles

So if you make it 10, each tile used for each frame & for each direction will change to 10 tiles greater. (-10 makes each tile be 10 tiles less) Basically Link Tile Mods work so that all Mod #s of all items currently in possesion account for the sum # that Link's Tiles change too

Now, if you want it so just about every other action (swimming, pounding, slashing, casting a spell, etc.) in addition to walking, changes from Link Tile Modifiers (LTMs), as you probably would want from getting a new "Tunic" item that will change Link's overall appearance, then you must check the "Full Link Tile Mods" Quest Rule.

Dark Nation
01-03-2005, 01:40 AM
One thing I should note is that the Link Sprite dialog only lets you view your Link sprites (for now) to see if they are set up correctly.

idontknow
01-03-2005, 03:30 PM
On that note Dark Nation, i suggest taking ou all "Link Sprites" from the "Sprites->Misc" item, such as "MISC: Swimming", "MISC: Pound", etc, and then simply making it so the Link Sprite dialog allows you to choose all of these things by clicking on the places where the sprites go and when you click on them, the place for A. Frames, A. Speed, tiles & all of that related stuff appears then.

orangeblasphemy
01-22-2005, 02:15 PM
i need to know this stuff, but i'm a little confused. this sounds like the answer to one of my problems where link walks backwards when he has the mirror or magic sheild. at first he was dissapearing, but somehow i fixed that. DN said "you need hammer use pose" but i have no idea what that meant. i have the item, and all the hammer tiles work. the only tiles i'm haveing problems with anymore are the upward facing walking tiles. i tried copying the one from the small sheild and pasteing it at the beginning of the tile sequence, like it appeared with the small sheild, but to no avail. i had to move the casting tiles and they still work so i know it's not the position (like in the program "cast see tile 29" etc.) i know that's not exactly what programming's like, but you know what i mean? oh yeah, i would like to apologize for drawing attention from landi. sorry. i'm just here to learn, after you get all of your questions answered i'm sure i'll find my solution too.