PDA

View Full Version : Demo EX: Official Release

Pages : [1] 2

Nightmare
01-02-2005, 01:22 AM
(deleted at my request)

Cepat
01-02-2005, 01:57 AM
There's an error with the version, need to restart.
Probably something wrong with the Header.

Nightmare
01-02-2005, 02:00 AM
The header was unusual. PM used date headers rather than version headers, and when I incremented the year, it was less than the minimum version.

It's fixed now.

-James

fatcatfan
01-02-2005, 02:49 PM
Feel honored. Yours is one of few quests I've actually downloaded to play. :waggle: Just kidding of course, that's not exactly an honor, but it *is* true that I play very few quests at all.

Nightmare
01-02-2005, 05:38 PM
Feel free to include this in all ZC updates fatcatfan. I still have this made under PM for his original work.

Password's the same as usual, as I consider this still AGN property.

EDIT (and important one)

Since this isn't in the QDB yet, I'll put up the first cheat for the quest:

OK, I'll give out the first cheat (for those that visit after losing if you do, take note):

1. There's a Gleeok 2 in Level-A, one head. Usually you'd need the Mirror Shield to battle such a monstrosity, but there's a way to beat him if you notice his patterns. There isn't anything else in the room to worry about and no extra heads to worry about, so just hide in the corner. His fire cannot hit you! When the head goes to the other side, the fire will be out of range. Move up, throw sword beams, go back to the corner until it's out of range. Get one of the previous Potions if you don't have full life or use the Quick Save to get full life.

-James

radder1
01-06-2005, 06:34 PM
Man, I am enjoying remembering the "good old days" playing this quest. The new version is still challenging, but not ridiculously hard like it used to be.

I can't find level 3. I have been rafting all over and can't find it. I also don't know where to find the clue for the third maze in the wastelands. Can someone please help?

Nightmare
01-06-2005, 10:56 PM
It's at Spectacle Rock, as usual, but you'll need a "better" bomb to open the door.

-James

radder1
01-13-2005, 01:21 PM
Man, I can't find any superbombs... Is there a shop that I haven't been able to raft to or something? Please help.

Nightmare
01-13-2005, 03:03 PM
Hold down by the "colored" rock, then work your way east....

This is one of the harder puzzle sections of the quest.

-James
(BLAME PM FOR THOSE RAFT PUZZLES! NOT ME! ;-P)

Tetradense
01-15-2005, 05:50 PM
Wow... I am really stupid. After beating that Gleeok 2, you get to the room with the guy that says the princess is in another castle. I have no idea what to do after that. Is there anything else to do in that level? Also, I can't get really far in the overworld, just the few screens around the beginning. Any help?

Nightmare
01-16-2005, 02:06 AM
Walk through the left wall..... (or bomb it, one of them)

Also, push a gravestone UP to the right

-James

radder1
01-16-2005, 06:09 PM
Well I managed to finish Level 3 and am stuck again. The only thing I can see that would lead anywhere new is the desert maze. I can't solve the third part of the maze (either by finding the clue or good old fashioned trying every combination I can think of). Is this maze solveable? Does this game have a level 4? Please help.

Nightmare
01-17-2005, 02:15 AM
Well, congratulations for getting that far! Get a little farther, you start "my" portion of the quest, and as you can imagine, the difficulty's going to start picking up in bunches.

Make sure you picked up the Magic Key, Letter, and Red Ring, and head back to the Digdogger boss room and to where "Zelda" used to be in the First Quest. Push A STATUE, that'll bring up the Mirror Shield and the path to the next level. It's a long walk, so come prepared.

Good luck dude.

-James

Manny
01-18-2005, 04:44 PM
Awesome dude. I remember when they released this quest way back in the day. I wanna say it was with 1.90, the good ol' days when I first got into ZC. good times, brings back good memories. I'm loving it so far and have enjoyed some of your previous work. I played Jame's Quest II and made it to the very end (still haven't got around to finishing it as i've been busy) but so far both have been very enjoyable.
cheers,
-manny

radder1
01-22-2005, 02:14 PM
Well, I made it through much of Level 4 and enjoy the ramp up in difficulty. I found the silver arrow, fire boomerang and red candle. It seems like I HAVE to get the master sword to get through level 4. If this is true, then I am two heart pieces short. I had 3 by the time I reached the new level and found 3 more by using the flippers. Can someone PM me the location of the other two heart containers? Otherwise, I think I will have to call it a day as Link is too exhausted to search much longer. Thanks for your help.

Nightmare
01-22-2005, 06:40 PM
Start searching for the Pieces of Heart. They're scattered throughout, and there are 2 HC's on either side of the Master Sword Room (if you haven't got them)

Good Luck

-James

Tetradense
01-24-2005, 02:04 PM
I finished Level J, I got the arrow, big wallet, whistle, level 3 sword, candle, magic book, raft, ladder, and bracelet. Where is level 1? I've been looking all over.

EDIT: Nevermind, found the wand and found level 1

Nightmare
01-24-2005, 06:04 PM

Well, I'll never mind you then. ;-P

(just kidding)

-James

torquate
01-24-2005, 06:54 PM
Well, could you tell ME where Level 1 one is? I assume that it has the bow in it, which I need for level two. Am I supposed to have already found the magic sword if I have only cleared the J dungeon? I haven't. I have found the wand and have the book and tried to shoot the three trees across the water on the screen with the peahats, but nothing happens. Thanks.

Tetradense
01-24-2005, 07:42 PM
If you have the wand and the book, you should be able to shoot the dead tree on that screen. The magic sword is hidden in the cave one screen up from where you buy the bracelet.

torquate
01-24-2005, 08:36 PM
Okay, you made me realize that I had to be on the other side of the rocks, so I can be low enough to shoot the red tree. It would have been nice to have the magic sword for the J dungeon. Now I have a SERIOUS problem. I arrived at the boss room of level 1 without having gotten the bow and I saved it there when I died, thinking that would make me start back at the beginning of the game. Now I am stuck! I can only start in that room, without the bow, waiting to be killed by the Gohma. Is there any way for me to make my character start back at the beginning of the game?

Tetradense
01-24-2005, 09:44 PM
Damn.. I had that problem too, I actually backed up my save before saving in that room, and then realized that It will still start there after saving, so I had to restore my old save...I don't think there is anything you can do. PM Nightmare, maybe he can give you a cheat to get you unstuck; otherwise, you may have to restart your game.

RaySouza
01-26-2005, 11:44 AM
Make it three of us !

Starting over ! :(

Raimundo Souza

RaySouza
01-27-2005, 02:08 PM
Nighmare,
There is any special item i need on LV 2 ? i just kill gohma and the room on the left i cant cross the water.
tryed bomb, walls and wistles in every room but nothing hapens !

Any clue ?

Raimundo Souza

torquate
01-27-2005, 06:43 PM
When you enter the room with the water, look at the wall opposite of where you walk in. Still, I'm stuck after that. I can get to a room that is mostly filled with blocks on the left and right and it has four shooting statues. I can't figure out what to do.

Nevermind. Figured out.

PrincessSara
01-27-2005, 07:48 PM
Kool, is this game a The Legend Of Zelda (TLOZ) for NES (Nintendo Entertainment System) type of (o') game?

Nightmare
01-27-2005, 11:59 PM
Ladder dude. Check the "J" dungeon.

-James

RaySouza
01-28-2005, 06:35 AM
When you enter the room with the water, look at the wall opposite of where you walk in. Still, I'm stuck after that. I can get to a room that is mostly filled with blocks on the left and right and it has four shooting statues. I can't figure out what to do.

Nevermind. Figured out.

Hi Torquate, just to double check, how many pieces of heart do you got so far ? 8 as i do ??

Ray Souza

torquate
01-28-2005, 12:58 PM
Well, now I have cleared level 3. I have 10 Heart containers right now.
Nightmare--There is a bug. When you have the flippers, you can go down onto an Island from above and get stuck in the rocks. I assume it is level 4. I just went to bed after getting stuck.

RaySouza
01-28-2005, 02:22 PM
There is a bug in level 2 too, when i finally faced the boss i managed to kill 2 patras and almost did the third one, but i died, when i pressed continue, the room came back with the left patra but link wasn't there !

Nightmare
01-28-2005, 04:57 PM
Strange, I'll have to check that Lv. 2 bug. Please send me a screen.

-James

torquate
01-29-2005, 11:03 PM
So you mentioned earlier that there are heart containers on either side of the Master Sword room. I can't seem to find them. Also: Is the fire boomerang supposed to be in level four, or outside of it?
Thanks.

Nightmare
01-30-2005, 04:07 AM
The Fire Boomerang is in Level 4, a map check would do wonders for that.

-James

RaySouza
01-31-2005, 10:12 AM
Nighmare, i m still dying on the boss room on lv 2, i think will need an life portion to go ahead, but i used all life portions i found in my way coming here.
Any chance to find the letter before finish lv 2 ???

Never mind i cleared Lv 2

Now looking for lv 3

Nightmare
01-31-2005, 05:35 PM
Good luck on 3. This will show 'ya how good you are at solving puzzles.

-James

torquate
01-31-2005, 08:26 PM
I never did find the letter in level 3. That wall with the flame robes in level 4 was the ONLY one I hadn't bombed yet. I found one heart container, in the route to the left of the master sword. There is supposedly another one to the right? Can I somehow get past the peahat room or something?
I have tried every item I have on the lighted door, including a super bomb.
I have 11 and 3/4 heart containers and I REALLY hope I don't need 13 for the sword.

Nightmare
01-31-2005, 09:59 PM
You need 12.

As for the Letter:

Lv. 3:

Go on the route you would go for the Compass, and press one of the blocks in the middle.

Lv. 4 now:

The left route has fire boomerang and sword beam secrets. The right is a Wand secret.

Hope that helps.

-James

torquate
02-01-2005, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the help with the letter.
I had already made it past those points in level 4 (took me awhile to figure out the sword beam), but I only found one container heart--the one at the end of the left route. I guess I'll keep on going to the right and trying stuff. I'm not sure what else I can still do.

Nightmare
02-01-2005, 10:59 PM
Forgot about the Red Candle.

As for HC pieces, check:
Using the Flippers, go down the "Old Man by the Grave" screen by 1, then go east for a while
The White Sword Cave

Hope that helps.

-James

torquate
02-02-2005, 12:19 AM
I already got both of those HC pieces. I swear I have gone over the etire map five times looking for the last one. So there was only the one HC on the path that went left from the master sword room in level 4? I definitely can't find another one. When you go down from the "Old man by the Grave" screen and go left a few times is there a secret on the little piece of land with 4 trees? I think I have tried everything there, as well as the screen directly to the right of where you get the super bomb. I am running out of idea.

Nightmare
02-02-2005, 01:30 AM
Go right a few times, I'll screen it if I have to.

-James

torquate
02-02-2005, 09:54 PM
To the right a few times there is a little beach with a raft dock on it. There is no heart piece there, so I assume I already got it--or there is something that I need to do to make it appear that I haven't thought of yet.

Edit:
Nevermind. I went back to level 1 and saw that I had never gotten the map. I got it and found a key too! Apparently that key is not needed because I made it past the other levels too. I got a full HC there, so I guess I am still missing a small piece, but I have enough for the sword. In level 4 I got the boss key and went into a room with a death knight--who promptly killed me. When I tried to continue I was only in a room that said congrats for playing the demo quest, or something like that, my character was not on the screen at all, so I couldn't do anything.

Nightmare
02-03-2005, 03:39 AM
Whoops, HOW did that one slip?

http://members.aol.com/CptNightmare/demoex.zip

(until the QDB's get updated, you can get the update here)

(I think it also shows you how proficient I am at killing Death Knights to have missed that one. El estupido.)

Give me a "1" for the quest for that one.

-James

(BTW Ray, working on your bug still. It seems to be a relatively difficult one to locate)

JayeM
02-03-2005, 02:16 PM
Got it, Nightmare. Quest file updated at QDB. :)

torquate
02-04-2005, 01:20 PM
Now when I go to the darknut room, Zelda Classic just shuts down.

Nightmare
02-04-2005, 08:22 PM
Just checked everything, it all seems fine.

Try again.

-James

JimHenso
02-07-2005, 11:05 AM
I finished Level J, I got the arrow, big wallet, whistle, level 3 sword, candle, magic book, raft, ladder, and bracelet. Where is level 1? I've been looking all over.

I guess I'm completely lost in this one because I CAN'T FIND THE WAND. Would someone let me know where I can find it?? I just got out of level J and have the whistle, and the raft, but that's it. Thanks folks

merder
02-07-2005, 12:56 PM
where can i find level 2.
ive beaten level 1.
and i have the raft, the book the bleu ring, bracelet, magic shield and the wallet as equiption.
ad the items i have are boomberang bow and arrow, whistle, wand and bombs.

torquate
02-07-2005, 02:19 PM
Go into a cave next to the grave yard and try to figure it out from there.

Nightmare
02-07-2005, 05:25 PM
Wand: The Graveyard. Pull a "Second Quest Lv. 6 entrance finder" tactic

-James

torquate
02-07-2005, 07:48 PM
Well, I cleared level 4 (after the program shut itself down several times, finally it didn't) and got the hookshot. I have gone through the water warp under the fairy and walked through the faked wall and bombed an opening to get through it--then . . . a dead end. I have tried walking through all of the walls, blowing the whistle, using bombs, shooting things, diving. It is confusing.

JimHenso
02-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Wand: The Graveyard. Pull a "Second Quest Lv. 6 entrance finder" tactic

-James

Now I seem to be stuck in the desert...sigh

Nightmare
02-08-2005, 01:12 AM
Torquate, bring a Super Bomb, use it on the highest point on an area (use the Lens if you have to in order to find it, if you didn't find it it's in the water a few screensleft of the cave warp by the "Old Man in the Grave".

Then, in the words of Mortal Kombat, "Prepare yourself!" You're about to play the hardest level in ZC!

Good luck dude.

-James

DsS Game
02-10-2005, 12:29 PM
man this is so confusing lol.

Daywalker

RaySouza
02-10-2005, 04:19 PM
Does anyone can tell me where is the dock i am suppose to raft from in order to find the coloured rocks ???

Thanks

Ray Souza

Nightmare
02-10-2005, 05:59 PM
It's by Level 1, 2-3 screens down.

-James

DsS Game
02-11-2005, 07:39 AM
EDIT: Nevermind I figured it out.

Edit 2: Can't find the ladder.

Nightmare
02-11-2005, 08:20 PM
Ladder: "J" dungeon, walk through walls (first area by the cave)

-James

Krazy
02-14-2005, 04:59 PM
Help! I've been looking for the superbombs for days now but haven't been able to find them. I found the colored rock and went south from there and then east to the small island with trees, and have tried to do anything and everything there, but I just can't seem to find the superbombs. I even found the piece of heart a couple of screens north of the island with trees but still can't figure out what I'm supposed to do.

Coder GT
02-14-2005, 06:39 PM
Where is the key for the level 1 door?

Nightmare
02-14-2005, 08:19 PM
Colored Rock: Once you get one screen down, head east.

Keys for Lv. 1 (repeat notice):
1. Go in the north entrance, bomb down when you can't go down anymore (you can go up or left)
2. Whistle secret in the water/Keese room.

-James

Krazy
02-14-2005, 09:03 PM
Colored Rock: Once you get one screen down, head east.

No, see, I've already done this, but don't know what to do after I land on the land.

Nightmare
02-14-2005, 09:36 PM
Blow the Whistle on a different looking tile.

-James

RaySouza
02-15-2005, 01:38 PM
Nightmare,
Any snack bar around ?
I managed to open the lv 3 door just to discover i ll need a Hotdog :(

Ray Souza

Nightmare
02-15-2005, 03:40 PM
Bait's in Lv. 2.

-James

Joe
02-16-2005, 08:44 AM
No question, just like to say you did a really good job with this Nightmare. Thanks!

Thanks - Joe

RaySouza
02-16-2005, 03:43 PM
I am so stupid, you can bet on that.
I got the mirror shield but i could not find the flippers..
It is inside lv 3 ??
you sad as soon as we got the mirror shield we will find the path to lv 4 , i dont know what i am missing !

Ray Souza

torquate
02-16-2005, 07:48 PM
The flippers are not in level 3. Use the whistle when you are by the waterfalls.

DsS Game
02-16-2005, 09:37 PM
Anything else I need in the J dungeon? I seem to be stuck.

Daywalker

Nightmare
02-16-2005, 10:56 PM
You need the Whistle, check the room with Like-Likes and Wall Masters.

-James

DsS Game
02-17-2005, 03:06 AM
>_> I must be slow because I forgot where that was. Searching all day made me find a money bag, ladder, and extra bombs.

Linkimus Prime
02-17-2005, 03:06 AM
I can't seem to find Level 1 myself. I got the wand & the book and lit the red tree on fire to open up the pathway, but can't get past the next screen to the right.

Nightmare
02-17-2005, 03:52 AM
Screen right of the wand use? Blow the Whistle.

(now you know where I got all those evil Whistle Secret ideas for my quests) ;-P

-James

RaySouza
02-18-2005, 01:26 PM
I spent all morning chassing waterfalls like in the old song by TLC , but nothing happens.
Nightmare, do you think that maybe, and i am saying maybe, the fact that i am using the 2.1 player instead of the 1.92 is the trouble ?
i mean, i found the superbombs without find the coulored rocks ever, and i am having problems with boss room in every level.
but i still enjoying a lot to play this quest.

DsS Game
02-18-2005, 08:25 PM
EDIT: figured it out.

EDIT 2: nm I figured that out

torquate
02-21-2005, 04:32 PM
I am using 2.1 and it is fine. Goodness, the top right screen of the map is full of waterfalls, and there is one tile to stand on that is different.

DsS Game
02-21-2005, 08:09 PM
I feel like I am missing a post.

Haha cool meeting you James. I'm still playing this. I need help finding the bow since I reached the glitch that everyone was talking about earlier with Gohma.

Daywalker

Nightmare
02-22-2005, 04:53 AM
Bow:

Go in the SOUTH entrance (make sure you get the keys indicated earlier, use the Whistle on the "Keese in Water" as well), and follow the path.

Then, bust Gohma's ass.

-James

DsS Game
02-22-2005, 08:41 AM
ive only gotten one key so far and thats the one u told me. Ill keep searching for some unless I missed something. Maybe the desert?

Daywalker

RaySouza
02-22-2005, 10:03 AM
Torquate, i quit trying, buddy , you or nightmare can tell me wich waterfall got the flippers ?
Please ????? :(

Raimundo Souza

torquate
02-22-2005, 12:57 PM
Stand on the grey tile and blow the whistle. I'm not sure what else I can say.

DsS Game
02-22-2005, 08:11 PM
ok i dunno if i tired all combos but i dunno how to get through that desert maze. Need help on that.

My progress so far I've beaten level 1 thoough it was tough as hell.

RaySouza
02-23-2005, 10:47 AM
The problem is that i could not reach this waterfalls yet.
1- The dezert maze puzzle is the passage ???
2 - Theres is a green Island on top of the map that i could not land yet , will i do it solving a raft puzzle ??

I am silly rigth now, all red, all prepared to fight and no enemy to chalenge ! :)

torquate
02-23-2005, 12:44 PM
I just tried to post and I don't think it showed up, so here I go again. If you remember where the mirror shield is, walk through the upper wall of that room to go to the next part of the game. Look at posts 12 & 13 on this thread. Good luck.

RaySouza
02-23-2005, 12:50 PM
Thanks Buddy , i am on my way !

By the way, did you finished the quest ?

DsS Game
02-24-2005, 09:09 AM
I can't find level 2. Need help.

Daywalker

RaySouza
02-24-2005, 10:19 AM
Lv 2.
go back where you find the wand, then up !

RaySouza
02-24-2005, 03:03 PM
Man i really need a magic sword in lv 4 ! how tough !
Right now i have 11 hearts and 3 HP's.
Right of the Sword room there is a door that dont open, even with magic key !
left there i need to open a bridge but i dont get it how .
Nighmare , 4 heads Glekoc 2 even with mirror shield is tough, and i dont came to boss room yet !
what a quest bro, congratulations
If somebody has a clue of hearts outside lv 4 please tell me!

Ray souza

torquate
02-24-2005, 07:14 PM
You have to use either sword beam or wand on one of the blocks across the room. You will find a Heart container if you go the left direction from the master sword room. You need the boss key for the special door. You will get it later.

Nightmare
02-25-2005, 01:09 AM
Hey Torquate, just curious, how 'ya doing in Lv. 5?

-James

RaySouza
02-25-2005, 12:22 PM
Nighmare,
any hint about money ??
i found so far, fire boomerang and the red candle , no sigs of compass or map. every time i kill ghoma takes like 20 to 30 Ruppes ( why it cames alive every time i come back ??? )
in the store i am buying superbombs there is bait to sell, will i need bait again before finish the quest ?

Ray Souza

Found the map, now going to the countdown...
Man, how could i let the left blue ghost send me back to the begin on # 2 :(
enough for today . back on monday.
See 'ya

DsS Game
02-27-2005, 02:38 PM
Is there another entrance or am I forgetting something? I'm trying to figure out the puzzle in level 2 but I alwways seem to end up back to the beginning.

RaySouza
02-28-2005, 07:00 AM
This is not LV 2 , this puzzle just give you a HC !
Go Back where you found the wand, 1 screen east and the up !

Raimundo Souza

DsS Game
03-02-2005, 09:00 AM
ok I did that and nothing happened.

RaySouza
03-02-2005, 11:12 AM
DsS,
01 screen before graveyard, up the stairs is Lv 2 !

Nighmare, Torquate, is there any place where i can find or buy life potion ???

Never mind about life potion, but when i clear the countdown found 2 stairs, one was empty.
I am assuming that the boss key is outside LV 4, so i am on my way.

Ray Souza

DsS Game
03-02-2005, 01:58 PM
DsS,
01 screen before graveyard, up the stairs is Lv 2 !

Nighmare, Torquate, is there any place where i can find or buy life potion ???

Ray Souza

LOL dude I already found it. What I posted is how to get around it. The maze in level 2 is confusing and I feel like I tried everything.

If you have the letter than take it to where you bought the blue ring in the original first quest/location of level 2 from the original 2nd quest.

RaySouza
03-02-2005, 02:53 PM
"LOL dude I already found it. What I posted is how to get around it. The maze in level 2 is confusing and I feel like I tried everything."

Sorry :) the path to the boss room begins in the room with the 3 blue eletric snakes, walk down through the walls, and bring some bombs with you , good luck !

Ray Souza

Nightmare
03-02-2005, 06:38 PM
The Letter's in Lv. 3. The Potion Shop is one down and east of 2.

-James

DsS Game
03-02-2005, 11:50 PM
yeah james you were right this quest gets harder and harder. I found myself not finding the boss room or any item in lvl. 2. Theres one part im stuck in and its with the dragons. I reached the bottom small room with 4 fireballs things. Now I dont know what to do. >_>

Nightmare
03-03-2005, 03:13 PM
Use your candle to burn one of the statues in that room with statues and blocks.

-James

DsS Game
03-04-2005, 02:55 PM
Oh god I get confused easily. Is this the level with the master key? I hit a door with a keylock.

SoStaci
03-06-2005, 12:28 AM
I can't find the superbombs you're talking about, and I'm trying to follow the directions to the improved bomb, but it won't work. Is there any way you can outline the path you have to take from the raft near Level 1 to where they are?

Sry if it's confusing

RaySouza
03-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Oh god I get confused easily. Is this the level with the master key? I hit a door with a keylock.

Master key is at LV 3

if you are in LV 2 , there is a key up from the top left room.

Ray Souza

RaySouza
03-07-2005, 03:40 PM
Nighmare,
I did the quest all over again, and i am back in LV 4, but i could not find the letter ou the compass in lv 3 , in the map, is like i did every room... wich side got the compass ??

Nightmare
03-07-2005, 05:11 PM
The Letter is in that "corridor" room one room east then one room south of the Like-Like spiral room.

-James

RaySouza
03-08-2005, 11:09 AM
Now i am runnig out of ideias on LV 4, i got everything but the boss key...

Never mind, i found the path........

Clear LV 4 , looking for the last one....
i got 15 HC'S and 2 HP's, it means that i missed 2 HP's or i will find in the way to LV 5 ???

Nightmare
03-08-2005, 04:12 PM
Good luck Ray, you're about to take on one of the hardest ZC challenges out there. Be sure to send us a status report!

-James

4matsy
03-08-2005, 04:18 PM
I think you missed two pieces, 'cause I went into level 5 with 16 hearts already.

And as Nightmare said, you will be needing every single one of those...:scared:

Be sure to dive using the flippers. I remember at least one heart piece being underwater, in a not-so-obvious place...

DsS Game
03-08-2005, 08:45 PM
aiya that boss was hard but where is the triforce piece?

CGutta
03-09-2005, 02:04 AM
Im new here and i just finished 2nd level..now i cant find 3rd or know how to navigate through the waters with the the raft to find some colored rock......ive been doin this for hours....help?

Nightmare
03-09-2005, 02:26 AM
Raft south of Lv. 1, keep an eye for the different colored "rock"

Good luck.

-James

DsS Game
03-09-2005, 08:48 AM
Im new here and i just finished 2nd level..now i cant find 3rd or know how to navigate through the waters with the the raft to find some colored rock......ive been doin this for hours....help?

where did u find the triforce? lol I have no more bombs because of the boss >_>

RaySouza
03-09-2005, 09:06 AM
I think you missed two pieces, 'cause I went into level 5 with 16 hearts already.

And as Nightmare said, you will be needing every single one of those...:scared:

Be sure to dive using the flippers. I remember at least one heart piece being underwater, in a not-so-obvious place...

thanks for that hint Hypercrash, now i got 16 hearts, 16 bombs, 3 superbombs, 600 Ruppes, hope i am ready :) now looking for the entrance of lv 5.

Ray Souza

CGutta
03-09-2005, 02:55 PM
how do you reach spectacle rock??

Nightmare
03-09-2005, 05:43 PM
Any Lv. 5 reports yet, curious?

-James

SoStaci
03-09-2005, 06:20 PM
I think I hit every direction that was south of the colored rock, and still nothing!

I'm thinking about giving up on this quest.

CGutta
03-09-2005, 10:12 PM
umm....i just finished level 3 and got the ring, letter, and key and mirror shield......but the letter is not showing in my inventory(i dunno if it is supposed to) and the room i got it in is empty....is this supposed to happen

SoStaci
03-09-2005, 10:50 PM
That I can help you with. Do you have any medicine CGutta? If you have any, then it might not show up until you use up the medicine.

DsS Game
03-10-2005, 01:35 AM
Any Lv. 5 reports yet, curious?

-James

I would if I can figure out where the trifoce is. >_> I need help on that.

codylmurphy
03-10-2005, 05:41 AM
Hey, I'm new here. Im totally stuck in the j temple, ive got the ladder, and i cant figure out how to get to the top part of the J. i tried walking through walls, bombing them, everything, i think ivekilled every creature i could. any hints please?

4matsy
03-10-2005, 09:08 AM
You have to go into J from another entrance.

Buy the power bracelet, then use it to reach the warp ring one screen below the bracelet shop...you'll probably find the entrance easily.

If you need rupees, there's two stashes of 100+ somewhere in the screens immediately surrounding the game's starting point...bomb and burn to find them.

RaySouza
03-10-2005, 02:30 PM
Cpt. Nightmare,
Sd. Ray reporting from the front on LV 5...

Found the Map and the Blue Bracelet, died on room up from AG room.
So far, most challenging stuff , the dark knights with swords, and solve the puzzles...

A piece of work....

Will be back on fight tomorrow

See 'ya

Ray Souza

PS: Sorry for my bad english to all !:(

SoStaci
03-10-2005, 02:32 PM
If I don't find Level 3 and those super bombs soon, i'll go crazy....

codylmurphy
03-10-2005, 06:41 PM
Ok i have the same problem as DSS i can not find the triforce in level two, i even wasted two superbombs since i was out of normal ones. nothing. any help?

4matsy
03-10-2005, 08:44 PM
SoStaci:

Your problems are all related...heh. :D

Get on the raft at the dock near level 1, and keep going until you pass some free rupees (you probably got one or two of these already)...one of these screens somewhere (I forget the exact directions) has rock for only the topmost row of tiles...one of these rock tiles is brown instead of gray, turn south there.

I don't remember, but I think you may also have to hold right once you make that turn, in order to get to...

...an island with the super bomb shop. You can probably figure out how to make the shop appear, but if you can't, someone in the graveyard will tell you how...

Level 3, like most of the other dungeons in Demo Quest, is located in a familiar place: Ganon's old Spectacle Rock hideout. It's just that the door is more sturdy this time, which is what the super bomb is for...;)

codylmurphy:

The room that seems to trip people up the most is the Infamous Statue Room--a dead end with 4 statues in it. If you've played Zelda 3, there were similar puzzles involving this formation...look closely...one of those statues doesn't quite fit...try various items on it. ;)

codylmurphy
03-10-2005, 08:49 PM
Yeah I found that out, i did that and i beat the super orange thing, the main boss, and then i got into the "triforce" room and there was nothign there, i tried bombing some of those walls but to no avail, i cant figure out how to get the piece i have everything else from this level cleared.

Nightmare
03-10-2005, 10:14 PM
For all you people in the Triforce room and stuck:

Whomever said pushing statues was out of the question?

-James

codylmurphy
03-11-2005, 01:51 AM
i can not find the mirror shield???

SoStaci
03-11-2005, 03:49 AM
First of all, you can call me Mike....and thanks..I think I got it now.

codylmurphy
03-11-2005, 04:10 AM
OK i can not figure otu how to get to the 4th dungeon and i cant find any little old men to tell me hgow to get through the desert.. im so lost.

DsS Game
03-11-2005, 08:50 AM
wow I did know that lol. Anyways were there any items in lvl. 2? I feel like I'm missing something.

RaySouza
03-11-2005, 12:09 PM
Stuck on lv 5 ! :(
I found a room with a stone that i pushed all over but the door on the right do not open !
In the way to this room i found a room with coloured stones and a big black spot in the middle , used all weapons but nothing happened!

Any hints ???

RaySouza
03-11-2005, 12:34 PM
wow I did know that lol. Anyways were there any items in lvl. 2? I feel like I'm missing something.

Bait, without it you can't go further LV 3 !

Ray Souza

SoStaci
03-11-2005, 04:11 PM
I finally found Level 3, it bars a resembelence to Level 9 in the original Zelda.

Now I can't find Level 4...where is it specifically?

Nightmare
03-11-2005, 04:14 PM
Confused on the room Ray.

-James

codylmurphy
03-11-2005, 05:13 PM
i cant seem to find level 4 at all, i feel like ive looked everywhere, there are a few rooms i couldnt get to on the very left side of the map in level 3 i dont know how to access them either.

Nightmare
03-11-2005, 05:41 PM
Lv. 4, one of my personal favorites.

You got to recognize where you are compared to the OLD First Quest Overworld. Where you were expecting a raft dock, SWIM! The entrance is still there, you just got to swim for it!

Get wet!

-James

SoStaci
03-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Lv. 4, one of my personal favorites.

You got to recognize where you are compared to the OLD First Quest Overworld. Where you were expecting a raft dock, SWIM! The entrance is still there, you just got to swim for it!

Get wet!

-James

Yeah, but where are the flippers?

SoStaci
03-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Nevermind, I found them

Ok, this is absolutely insane. Wind and fire Wizzrobes? Super darknuts? Manhandla 2? Stalfos 3?

Whoever made this game wanted to make it as hard as possible. Is the Level 4 sword in this game?

DsS Game
03-11-2005, 09:49 PM
Bait, without it you can't go further LV 3 !

Ray Souza

ok so I think I got everything then.

Um Ive been rafting all day and seem to not find level 3 at all.

Nightmare
03-11-2005, 10:05 PM
The Master Sword is in Level 4. Keep plugging away.

-James

SoStaci
03-12-2005, 12:43 AM
I found the sword, now all I need to do is not die. Having played so many video games gives me lots of experience when playing these quests.

codylmurphy
03-12-2005, 02:20 AM
can anyone tell me where i need to dive to find a heart piece? cause i have no clue.

codylmurphy
03-12-2005, 02:55 AM
Hypercrash, im looking in your direction. Nioghtmare refered you to me anyways. Any help at all on this one?

Also where can i find hints on the desert mazes??

SoStaci
03-12-2005, 03:13 AM
Do I have to beat all the patras in L4 to proceed in the dungeon?

SoStaci
03-13-2005, 03:19 AM
Ok, i'm supposed to use the hookshot but I can't seem to cross the gap. Help!

Also, where is this Lens?

4matsy
03-13-2005, 12:38 PM
Yeah, the heart piece and lens are in pretty random places...o_O

Okay...from the start of the game, go left, to where the Manhandla was. One more screen left is the "Meet the old man at the grave." cave; from here, go down one screen, then left two, to the dead-end with the trees. The lens is in the water on this screen; the heart piece is one screen down and one to the right of the lens.

As for the hookshot-looking gap...that's not for the hookshot, as you've no doubt noticed. :p You need to use another item on the pink block on the other side of the gap...

The desert mazes are pretty much a dead end, as all that's there is the "south of the odd colored rock" hint. Still, if you want the hints...the first hint is on the screen near level 1 where you had to beat all the tektites and peahats to make a bridge appear, and another hint is in the desert itself (use the whistle).

SoStaci
03-13-2005, 03:24 PM
As for the hookshot-looking gap...that's not for the hookshot, as you've no doubt noticed. You need to use another item on the pink block on the other side of the gap...

Go figure...I need something else....ok, thanks.

codylmurphy
03-13-2005, 03:32 PM
THANK YOU sir.

SoStaci
03-13-2005, 03:54 PM
Ok, got the lens and noticed 3 hidden passageways....however, I used every item I had to open the passageway, and nothing. Do I need another item to get to all three?

DsS Game
03-13-2005, 08:23 PM
help cant find lvl 3 but found one heart piece >_>

CGutta
03-13-2005, 09:47 PM
im in level 4.....ive heard of the wand/sword secrets.....the wand beam worked for me to get the candle but i cant seem to figure out the sword beam one in the room on the left of mater sword room.....any help?

Hieronymus
03-13-2005, 10:35 PM
OK, I admit defeat. Done J dungeon, and I have the wand, but I think I need the wallet to proceed (so that I can afford the book). I've been bombing all over the place (and found Level 2) but no luck. Any hints?

Edit later:
Thanks Nightmare. Obviously wasn't as thorough as I thought.

Nightmare
03-13-2005, 10:45 PM
Wallet?

J Dungeon, get the extra bombs, bomb up the wall.

Love For Fire
03-13-2005, 10:51 PM
CGutta, each one reacts to something different. The room to the left of the Master Sword I believe you need to use the Fire Boomerang.

SoStaci
03-13-2005, 11:27 PM
That brings up my next question, the room to the northwest of the room where you need the boomerang, what do I need?

EDIT:I just realized the sword beam thing...

codylmurphy
03-14-2005, 01:20 AM
Hmm theres a hookshot in level 4? I cant figure out how to proceed. I got the red candle and eithe rone or two heart containers, cant remember. i cant get one the one side of the middle part with the puzzles but i cant get into the rooms next to them. any hints?

DsS Game
03-14-2005, 01:22 AM
is level 3 in the waters? Like I said ive been rafting all day and I got all the rupees that were around there.

SoStaci
03-14-2005, 01:30 AM
I'll answer that.

Level 3 is nowhere near the water. Think Level 9 of the Original 1st Quest, use super bomb.

I know a cheaper way to get Super Bombs, but you need the letter to get there which is also in Level 3, so your best chance here is to go south of the odd-colored rock while rafting, then hold east once you enter the next screen.

Ok, this is nuts....Level 5 seems to be crazy. There's also a screen east of where you see the first bomb shop in the game, where is that?

And anyone know what those hidden passageways lead? I think they are warp passageways though.

codylmurphy
03-14-2005, 02:16 AM
How about level 4???

SoStaci
03-14-2005, 02:23 AM
If you want the level location, you'll need to BE just one screen south of the DEAD screen. Push one of the blocks to access the stairs, and follow the coast to the north.

If you need more, ask.

codylmurphy
03-14-2005, 03:24 AM
No i am stuck in the level i have the candle and the HC's but i cant figure otu how to advance. I heard about a hookshot i havnt figured otu how to get that though. i dont even know if i need it but i used the lense in like every room and still cant figure it out.

SoStaci
03-14-2005, 03:29 AM
Oh that. Well, just go to the topmost part of the Level 4 by going up up up past the Master Sword screen. Then where you face the gohma 3, go left twice, down through passage, right, down through, left, beat all patras then look around for stairs and go down them.

You can pay me back later..

CGutta
03-14-2005, 04:55 AM
for level 4 i found 2 HCs, hookshot, candle, boomerang and arrow.....i cant seem to advance from here.....the stairs next to the hookshot was empty...is their somethin to do here or are these unimportant? I think i used the lens in every screen and cant find the next route or master key in 4. can anyone help?

SoStaci
03-14-2005, 05:10 AM
I think I know, but I'm not sure.

Play the whistle in the room one east of the Gohma 3, then hit the stairs and you'll wind up in another long and winding road that'll take you about 370 tries to complete, but work your way through until you reach a wizzrobe, then I think you have to deflect his attack to one of the corner blocks to pass through. Does that help?

RaySouza
03-14-2005, 07:24 AM
"then hit the stairs and you'll wind up in another long and winding road that'll take you about 370 tries to complete,"
LOL !!!!!!!!!!! KKKKKKKKKKK

SoStaci
03-14-2005, 01:22 PM
That section took me a lot of times to beat with all the mini-bosses in a row.

RaySouza
03-14-2005, 01:48 PM
Nightmare,

There is a room with invisible warp ghosts, 2 rooms west from begin, do i need to clear this room in order to finish the LV ?? i dont think i am smart enough !
found the magic ( or White ) ring, but no signs of the compass so far..

SoStaci
03-14-2005, 02:48 PM
Honestly, I think Level 5 is the hardest Zelda level in any game. I'm 90% sure it's the last level, though I missed some screens in the overworld.

RaySouza
03-14-2005, 03:14 PM
This happens with me as well, there is a spot below graveyard, and another one with the oasis on top, warp fary on the left, a store in the right and bushes below,used the lens in every screen but gave me no clue.
I hope i will find some money, i found a room in LV 5 that i will have to give up a heart or pay 350 Ruppes ( amount that i dont have so far )

Ray Souza

Found the last weapon of the quest....

codylmurphy
03-14-2005, 04:19 PM
OK so, im in level 4 right and i buy the bombs and then this darknut takes my items and kills me, and then i come back and some guy is like wow im impressed youve got this far and now im like stuck in the screen or something! I didnt save before i did all this is there like any way to get out of this?!!?!

SoStaci
03-14-2005, 04:52 PM
Codylmurphy, listen carefully.

He doesn't take your items really, you can still use them but it's like you have to play chance while still selecting your 'b' item since you don't see them.

Trust me, it's odd but I did it before, not before 8 tries.

SoStaci
03-14-2005, 04:53 PM
Wait, there's a 5th sword?

codylmurphy
03-14-2005, 04:58 PM
Thanks, I'll keep trying but it is very difficult.

SoStaci
03-14-2005, 05:03 PM
Believe me....I believe that enemy is known as Death Knight, it's like Stalfos 3 and Super Darknut combined.

Let me warn you, this is not the only time you'll face him in the game.

codylmurphy
03-14-2005, 05:51 PM
wonderful.

codylmurphy
03-14-2005, 06:02 PM
So Ive been trying to beat Death Night for a few hours now. It's not possible is it? Seriously, how many hits does he take? I honestly dont think i can pull it off? Should i be using my b item at all? i tried bombs but it didnt help.

SoStaci
03-14-2005, 06:13 PM
Well, using bombs might be effective, when you hit his backside with them. Use a fire boomerang in the same manner(hit his backside). I think it takes 6-8 sword hits with Master Sword to beat him.

There probably is another sword in the game, but I'm not sure.

Nightmare
03-14-2005, 06:14 PM
The only two "B" items you'd want are (since you can't change):

1. The Hookshot (it stuns 'em)
2. A Red Potion (to restore life)

The strategies:

1. Hookshot, Try to hold your ground, then quickly hit him and slash him out (keep hitting him from behind to stun him)
2. Red Potion: Stand perpendicular to a wall and slash when he comes into range like crazy so you don't get hit, potion to restore life if you get low.

He's beatable. Lucky it's not 3. ;-P

-James

codylmurphy
03-14-2005, 06:20 PM
Thanks that will help a lot!

SoStaci
03-14-2005, 06:27 PM
Wait, the hookshot works too? I know that doesn't stun all the enemies...

codylmurphy
03-14-2005, 07:22 PM
i used the red bottle strategy. worked wonderfully.

now im in level 5...... WOW.

this is tough. i cant tell where i am!

I got the blue bracelet, what does that do exactly, something i dont know yet?

SoStaci
03-14-2005, 10:01 PM
I haven't made much use of Blue bracelet either....

Nightmare
03-15-2005, 12:23 AM
Lv. 2 Bracelet.

There are blocks in there that only move when pushed by that.

-James

SoStaci
03-15-2005, 12:50 AM
Does it have any uses in the overworld, and are there any ways to find those hidden passageways *after using lens*?

RaySouza
03-15-2005, 07:40 AM
SoStaci, i am assuming you still playing LV 5 , how far could you get ??
I cleared 51 rooms out of the 64.
And now that i have the hammer and more money i think i will face Ganon, sometime soon.

codylmurphy,
Don't come back from the Bracelet without the map, is one room below the Red bubbles.
your best weapons in LV 5 is the mirror shield and the boomerang some ghosts you will kill with out using nothing but that.
Knights trick, face Link to the wall and wait, they will come by side and you can kill them and grab the blood they will give you in return.

Nightmare,
Congratulations for you and Phantom Menace, DEMO X is rated # 1 in zeldaclassic.com site with 5 hearts.

i made a map of LV 5 just for help me with the rooms i allready been and i sent you by email, is just a feedback from a player to the designer. :thumbsup:

for now , get of my way.... Zelda is waiting.... :)

Ray Souza

SoStaci
03-15-2005, 12:07 PM
I think I completed about half the rooms. The map is so confusing.

RaySouza
03-15-2005, 12:27 PM
I am 3 rooms short from face ganon but get myself stucked.
Never mind i figured out.
Nightmare, after kill Ganon, i am in a room with a warp that takes me to a fary room with a door on the right, but i cant move or will be back to the previous room.
that room on the right i think is the one with the boss key.
Ray souza

PS: Yeah, there is nothing i can do, there is only one room i did not reach, is the boss room, but without the key i can do nothing, even go outside.:(

codylmurphy
03-15-2005, 08:55 PM
ok so in level 5 there very right bottom room has a petra. i killed it and i couldnt figure out anything else in the room. Is there anything i need to do there?

Nightmare
03-15-2005, 10:50 PM
Go right in that fairy room Ray (don't worry about warping). Kill the Mirror-Robes (use the open door and the fairy pond liberally), then prepare for the final challenge.

The Boss Key leads to the EX level. Don't worry about it until you kill Ganon.

-James

SoStaci
03-15-2005, 10:55 PM
I hate the Mirror-Robes paired with the Wind-Robes and them Bat-Robes. All 3 are evil!

RaySouza
03-16-2005, 06:33 AM
Nightmare,

You dont get it, when i come to the fairy room i cant move at all, if i press right,left,down or up the warp send me back to the previous room.
the problem is, every time i reach the fairy room Link walks by himself to the warp spot and stay still facing the wall,every try to move him makes the warp to act.

Hope there is anything i can do.

Ray Souza

Opps,hold your horses, i think i know what you saying
On my way...

DsS Game
03-16-2005, 08:13 AM
Exactly where is the colored rock? Every rock that I have passed is the same color which is grey I believe. Sorry if I am a nuisance. >_>

codylmurphy
03-16-2005, 11:06 AM
on one of the screens where the raft is carrying you everywhere, the rock is colored brown instead of grey. you have to press down right at that moment and then hold right after that to get to the bomb shop.

RaySouza
03-16-2005, 12:03 PM
Nightmare:
" LINK, PREPARE FOR THE FINAL PLUNGUE INTO HELL, GOOD LUCK ! "
Means anything to 'ya ?

LOL,

Going on......

Ray Souza

CGutta
03-16-2005, 07:35 PM
hey Ray im having the same trouble in the final fairy room after i beat gannon....every move i make i warp back....how did u figure this problem out?
Also.....what does the necklace do?

Nightmare
03-16-2005, 07:59 PM
Ray:

In the Fairy Room, if you get stuck, continue. That sounds like our old ZC bug friend is back.......

-James

CGutta
03-16-2005, 08:53 PM
Nightmare: how is that bug fixed?? I continued but still cannot pass the warp tile....link just faces the wall and warps back to the room after Gannon

Nightmare
03-17-2005, 01:13 AM
Are you guys using 2.10? It didn't warp back on 183.

-James

codylmurphy
03-17-2005, 03:26 AM
ok i have this glitch now too. damn that sucks..... i wonder how to get over that warp tile.

codylmurphy
03-17-2005, 04:11 AM
ok so, i have the necklace, the blue key, the hammer, all that good stuff but i am getting that glitch. however, i have an empty spot in inventory, 2nd spot over on the third row of items. What goes there? somethign i dont have yet?

RaySouza
03-17-2005, 07:47 AM
Necklace turns visible what is invisible.
dont worry about the warp, go back to the fairy room ( in the middle of the level), go right from there kill the wizzrobes and then down kill the Dindongos, down again kill the knights, left kill the glekoc find the stairs then you will be in a room full of red bubbles, that will be hard, but you have to avoid them go left again kill the enemys and voi la ! the boss key !
there is no enemy after the boss door, but a path to another level.
now, every enemy we found so far is on the loose, and of course the EX Level.

Good luck to all, i stoped yesterday on 43, you will guess what i am saying when find the level.

Ray Souza

PS: i think that door on the right of the warp fairy got an item, but not sure, and i finished LV 5 without the scale.

DsS Game
03-17-2005, 08:59 AM
on one of the screens where the raft is carrying you everywhere, the rock is colored brown instead of grey. you have to press down right at that moment and then hold right after that to get to the bomb shop.

Is it with the raft tile that is by Level 1? I'm telling you this raft maze is confusing as hell.

RaySouza
03-17-2005, 09:56 AM
DsS,
When you raft from the Lv dock, press Right and continue pressing till the raft get close to an island then you pressleft to land,going down you will see some trees with a diferent tile on the middle, use the flaute there.

Ray Souza

codylmurphy
03-17-2005, 03:43 PM
raft mazes are the DEVIL

codylmurphy
03-17-2005, 08:30 PM
made it to room 51.... used red and blue bottle to get there... soem kind of 20 headed gleeok or something... this is impossible. nightmare, do you know of anyone who has successfully completed this?

SoStaci
03-17-2005, 10:24 PM
If it's green, hack him easily with the master sword in one hit per head.

codylmurphy
03-17-2005, 11:38 PM
oh, actually, i meant the extra level as a whole.

RaySouza
03-18-2005, 07:35 AM
i am guessing it is 62 rooms, am i right Nightmare ???
Dont worry about Gleoks you just have to kill them once, if you die after when come back it is gone.

I took a day off today just to finish the quest :)

Ray Souza

Nightmare
03-18-2005, 07:46 PM
Did you get the cheat code Ray?

-James

Nightmare
03-20-2005, 06:35 PM
(sorry for the double post)

But I want to hear some game counts if possible from Ray, Hypercrash, and DsS Game. It's important for how I make quests in the future.

Thanks.

-James

DsS Game
03-21-2005, 03:48 AM
lol all I know is that raft mazes are the devil and dare the death of me. This is a very good quests without a shadow of a doubt.

RaySouza
03-21-2005, 08:22 AM
I dont know what cheat code means..... if it is something that i will discover playing, cool, if this is something to cheat the quest, i dont want it, i want to finish playing.
I will fell honoured to test Link's Doomnsday for bugs if you want me to.
i am experience a virus problem right now, and every time a open zelda my internet connection shuts down.
i am in room 53 so far.

Ray Souza

codylmurphy
03-21-2005, 02:00 PM
I have not beat the gleeok in 52, and i cant get pastr the warp in the room after you beat gannon.

RaySouza
03-22-2005, 11:47 AM
Please Guys, what is Black and white and read all over ????

I need this answer to finish LV EX ! please !!!!!!!

It is something regarding to LV 1 !

Ray Souza

RaySouza
03-23-2005, 07:36 AM
DemoEx is over for me , i finished with 155 deaths.
I will check this forum to help anyone who needs.

Ray Souza

Hieronymus
03-23-2005, 07:08 PM
Well, I've 'finished' Level 5. That is, I've done all the rooms except for that bit after Gannon that warps you back. Is there something crucial after that point? Because I can leave out the other Level 5 exit at this point, so it's not like my progress is blocked. If it is crucial, guess I'll have to download an earlier version (currently using v2.10).

Wow, this new landscape is crowded with enemies :scared: ! Thank God for the white ring.

Oh, I should mention that I had no idea that I needed to push the A button to dive with the flippers. The hookshot, flippers, and hammer are all new to me - maybe some sort of description in the .txt file with this quest would be good. Finally worked it out and got the lens, etc.

DsS Game
03-26-2005, 01:12 PM
what color is the rock? Its like im trying to find it and I'm having no luck.

4matsy
03-26-2005, 06:34 PM
The odd-colored rock is brown, in between a bunch of gray ones.

I still haven't finished level 5...haven't played much lately. :sweat:

sandmanx
03-29-2005, 12:24 PM
I've been playing this for a little over a week, and just finished up level 2. I know where level 3 is, but will I be able to get the flippers before starting? I've got 9 hearts and 2 heart piece right now, and I'd like some more life before trying it out.

I think I might have missed some hearts along the way as well, I think L1 and L2 only gave one out each.

CGutta
03-29-2005, 07:38 PM
hey i have that 2.10 bug that wont let me warp to the final batle.....i also have ZC1.92 beta 183 so is it possible to bring my saved demoex game to the 1.92 and how would i go about doing that???

Nightmare
03-29-2005, 10:47 PM
B 183/2.10 saves are incompatible (I've already tried)

-James

RaySouza
03-30-2005, 07:36 AM
I've been playing this for a little over a week, and just finished up level 2. I know where level 3 is, but will I be able to get the flippers before starting? I've got 9 hearts and 2 heart piece right now, and I'd like some more life before trying it out.

I think I might have missed some hearts along the way as well, I think L1 and L2 only gave one out each.

You wiil find the flippers after LV 3 in the way to LV 4 !

DsS Game
04-05-2005, 12:40 AM
NM I finally solved the superbomb puzzle lol.

EDIT:What do I need to keep a look out for in lvl. 3 besides the Flippers? Is the magic key here?

RaySouza
04-05-2005, 07:29 AM
The flippers is not in LV 3 , it is in the way out, yeah , there is a magic key in Lv 3 !

Ray Souza

Nightmare
04-06-2005, 04:54 PM
Magic Key = Red Ring 1st Quest.

-James

torquate
04-09-2005, 12:29 AM
I left it for quite a while because I have been so busy with other stuff, but I finished it. I assume you can only get the level 1 and level 3 cheats. It's kind of nice to have 99 super bombs. I never found out what I was supposed to use the hammer for (if anything) and I think that I never found the last HC piece since for the last while I always had 16 and 3/4 heart container.
I finished in about 11 hours and with 32 deaths. I lot of that time was spent wandering everywhere to look for HC pieces.
I enjoyed the quest but you have to PROMISE that you will change the music for level 5. That is a big reason that I stopped playing for so long. I couldn't bear the music. It does the same 3 or 4 second pattern endlessly.
Also: There are a lot of places that show staircases with the lens of truth, but you cannot actually get them to appear.
Thanks.

DsS Game
04-09-2005, 06:07 PM
I ran into a glitch. I died when I faced the little digdoggers. Luckily I didnt save. I pressed continure and all I got was a black screen. Oh yeah im mad you put a DDR song on there james. =P

the z
04-09-2005, 08:55 PM
I've gotten though Begining Gauntlet, but I can't figure out where to go next... :banghead: please, oh PLEASE help me :newbie:

the z
04-10-2005, 06:15 PM
Sorry I found where to go next :D but do I have to buy the braclet? PLEASE HELP! :angry: :mad2:

SoStaci
04-10-2005, 08:40 PM
yes....i think

DsS Game
04-14-2005, 01:27 AM
you have to get both bracelet and raft to continue on.

sandmanx
04-14-2005, 02:31 PM
Where is level 5? I've finished lvl4, and found my 16th heart and big money bag since then, but I can't seem to find the (I'm guessing) last level. I found the warp that goes to the river in teh middle of the map(roughly), and I didn't find a single thing over there, even after the walking through the wall part. I'm guessing something is over there, I just can't find it.

Nightmare
04-14-2005, 07:49 PM
Bomb the wall to go into the second river, then look for a place you can Super Bomb. Bring a few in case you miss some. The Lens will help out too.

-James

DsS Game
04-16-2005, 06:33 PM
I have 9 HC pieces and right now im searching for level 4. Where is the lens?

Nightmare
04-17-2005, 02:20 AM
From the "Old Man at the Grave" cave:

Swim south, then left until you hit a wall. Dive and you'll find it.

-James

firelight
04-17-2005, 03:15 AM
Someone asked a question about the 2nd fairy pond in level 5, after Ganon is defeated. The question involved a glitch that makes you go back every time you warp to the fairy pond.

The way I get around this glitch is to take the warp to the fairy screen. Before the game makes me warp back, I hit the save button and press continue. The game will automatically continue in the fairy screen.

I hope this helps someone.

By the way, does anyone know how many levels are in the extra room? I've got to 40 something so far.

Also, the lady who I have to pay 999 coins to, tells me "Level 1, Level the key to cheat is:" What in the world does that mean? Is it a pointless clue, that is meant to confuse me?

DsS Game
04-17-2005, 01:01 PM
I dont think I ever hit the old man at the grave so I dont remember where it is.

I glitched the game several times. Flippers = The devil.

avaquizzer
04-17-2005, 02:43 PM
Hey James. Long time no speak. I've been playing Demo EX for the past couple of days. I noticed a few bugs / glitches:

1) On the screen NORTH of the screen with the entrance to level 4: you can use the flippers to swim down, which causes you to get stuck in the rock

2) Level 4: The death knight - if I die there (and I have...that's where I'm up to now), you restart in a room with a merchant who says something (don't remember what), but you're stuck..link isn't on the screen (I think he's in the northwest corner of the screen), and you can't do anything.

3) There are random staircases all over the overworld that one can see with the lens of truth, but that aren't accessible (at least, I haven't found a way to access them...this may not be a glitch, just me being unable to solve a puzzle).

4) The puzzle in level 4 where you have to move the orange block to the upper-left corner of the room...I dunno if ti's a glitch with the game or ZQuest in general, but you can push that block right through all the other blocks in the room.....

Completely awesome quest. I remember playing the original Demo EX...the changes (especially the new enemies) are great. I look forward to level 5, when I get there. :-) Hopefully I'll find the 2 HC that I'm missing (I"m sure one is at the end of level 4). Again, great work!!

Edit: Forget about #3. I found out what some of those random staircases were for. Still can't seem to access 2 of them (but I'm working on it....one in a pool after level 5, the other in the northeastern corner of the map...not the total northeastern corner...but one of the screens with green grass and waterfalls.

I beat the game with 21 tries....very difficult. Now I'm finishing up the exploration of the overworld..and apparently the EX dungeon??....overworld windrobes are TOUGH!!! :-) Nice job!!

Nightmare
04-18-2005, 06:58 PM
Hey Ava, welcome back!

If you want a new quest to test and some time, you're certainly welcome, as I badly need a tester.

-James

avaquizzer
04-20-2005, 07:18 PM
Hey James!! :)

That Demo Quest was a BEAST!! 58 rooms....whoa...well, 57, sorta....anyway, nice job on that last EX dungeon! I think I've done almost everything in the quest! The only screen on the first overworld map that I haven't been to is the one directly south of the oasis in the desert...still trying to figure out how to get there...or IF I can even get there. Gonna try the cheat now.....oh, if you use the lens on the screen after you enter the whirlpool in the fairy pond (the one that eventually leads to Level 5), there's a staircase that is made visible....dunno if it's supposed to be there, but since I can't use any weapons in the water...I'm assuming it might be revealed by a "Take any road you want" path....or maybe not.....

I happened to have some free time these last few weeks...but I'm a new teacher at a high school, so once May starts, I'll be putting the teaching thing into high gear....kids have to pass the NY State Regents, after all. But, after June 24th, I'll be free (ah, the life of a teacher...180 days of craziness, but summers off :) )...so, 2 months or so, and I'll be able to test, if you still want me.

Once again, awesome job on the Demo!!

Overworld, bottom row of the map....the screen to the right of the one with the windrobes...it has the super stalfos, and lots of brown trees. Blow the whistle, a staircase appears. Enter it, nothing there. Is this a bug? Was there supposed to be a "Choose any road you want" that connects that to the area near where you get the flippers (and also connect the screen prior to the entrance to level 5, where the whirlpool is)? Or am I just making stuff up? :D

Even with completed quests, I can't help but bug-hunt.....

DsS Game
04-21-2005, 12:17 PM
do I really need the lens for level 4? Speaking of which, where is level 4?

Daywalker

Nightmare
04-21-2005, 04:39 PM
Lv. 4: Go to East Hyrule, and go where you would know of a raft spot. Then, swim up where you would have rafted in the first quest.

-James

DsS Game
04-25-2005, 10:56 AM
i need more heart containers!! >_<

I have like 10 right now and an empty container.

avaquizzer
04-25-2005, 03:18 PM
DsS:
If you have the flippers (and didn't get them before), there are 2 HC pieces near the raft maze that helped you get to "Super Bomb Island".

There's a piece where the White Sword was in the first quest.

If you travel past Level 4 and bomb the area above the ladder, there's a cave you can bomb to get (I THINK) a full piece....either a full HC or a piece.

You can dive on the screen east of the one with the lens to get a HC piece.

I've played so many quests lately that I forget where the others are...you don't get one of 'em 'til after you beat Level 4..and another one is on the overworld that you need the ladder (or flippers) to get, but you can't get that until after level 4...hmm..can't remember...Nightmare would know...maybe someone else could help?

DsS Game
04-26-2005, 12:54 PM
thats the thing. I dont know where the lens is.

ShadowLink
05-20-2005, 12:02 AM
Hi,i'm new to this quest and i really need help on getting to level 1.Does anyone know the RIGHT way?Cause ive been to the left and saw a pile of rocks,but i can't push it,i killed gleeok and bomb the wall behind him,but it was just money.Next i burned down most of the burnable trees and all i found were more rupies and that guy who takes your rupies.Next thing i know,i'm stuck.Can someone help me get to level 1,i'm new to this game and i don't know were to go(or burn) next.

Oh,and i tried everything where those rocks are,i found nothin but getting hurt.

ShadowLink
05-20-2005, 12:02 AM
Hi,i'm new to this quest and i really need help on getting to level 1.Does anyone know the RIGHT way?Cause ive been to the left and saw a pile of rocks,but i can't push it,i killed gleeok and bomb the wall behind him,but it was just money.Next i burned down most of the burnable trees and all i found were more rupies and that guy who takes your rupies.Next thing i know,i'm stuck.Can someone help me get to level 1,i'm new to this game and i don't know were to go(or burn) next.

Oh,and i tried everything where those rocks are,i found nothin but getting hurt.

torquate
05-21-2005, 01:12 PM
Shadowlink., go into the door on the opening screen and clear all of the rooms in that dungeon. When you get to toad saying "i'm sorry . . ." walk through the wall on your left. That should get you started.

torquate
05-21-2005, 01:12 PM
Shadowlink., go into the door on the opening screen and clear all of the rooms in that dungeon. When you get to toad saying "i'm sorry . . ." walk through the wall on your left. That should get you started.