PDA

View Full Version : Something that might make Link Tile Mod easier to use...

4matsy
01-02-2005, 01:04 AM
Put this in the beta suggestions forum since this is still relatively new to the masses...:shrug:

Link Tile Mod adds the specified numbers to tiles, sort of like bit flags. So with the current setup, you can't really bunch them together. Not even on the first 5 pages, because there are still tiles there whose purpose is hard-coded (the arrow/boomerang hit spark, Ganon's explosion, the Guys, etc). You'd likely end up inflating the quest's file size because you'd have to go waaay into the high-numbered tile pages, leaving lots of blank space...

So here's a suggestion that would fix that: a starting location for the Link tiles. If you could specify where the original Link tiles start, you would be able to more easily group together all the Link Tile Mod tiles, since you would no longer have to work around the hard-coded-uses tiles in the first few pages...

*b*
01-02-2005, 01:16 AM
I think I remember DN saying something along the lines of removing the hardcoded location of Link's tiles, and allowing them to be placed anywhere. if I do remember correctly, he said that change would also come with left/right animations for Link, which would be so freaking cool

I'll see if I can dig up that thread

Dart Zaidyer
01-02-2005, 03:36 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Link Sprites dialog allow you to change the default locations for Link?

Praethus
01-02-2005, 03:42 AM
Maybe, at some point in the future, we can make it so that no tiles are hard coded and we can decide all of their locations.

*b*
01-02-2005, 05:42 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Link Sprites dialog allow you to change the default locations for Link?
correction; no, it dosen't. right now, it only displays what Link should looks like, and I use the word "should" loosely