PDA

View Full Version : Alternate ideas for "Nayru's Love"

idontknow
01-01-2005, 06:22 PM
Anyone have any Alternate Ideas for Nayru's Love? What else could the shield look like, rather than the Blue Spinning Diamond?

NerdWarrior
01-01-2005, 07:19 PM
Think Mario. Think starman. Think super shiny sparkles.

idontknow
01-01-2005, 07:55 PM
Hmm...good idea...

punkonjunk1024
01-06-2005, 04:59 PM
Think more than mario. any game with any kind of defensive barrier. MMBN's transluscent bubble's. a shield that spins around your character. any random sphere, a ball of flame, possabilities are endless.
Oh, hey, NW.

Phazite
01-08-2005, 12:39 PM
Or Link could be flashing like when you get a clock.

*b*
01-08-2005, 02:19 PM
that could be really hard to do, because you can't make Nayru's Love make anything else transparent. and if you mean use Nayru's Love to make Link flash, that would be impossible too, because you would need animations for each direction, and each step in each direction

I would love to have a directional facing Nayru's Love, but it would either take a lot of time and effort to impliment (maybe), or it would spawn a lot of bugs (again, maybe)

ShadowTiger
01-08-2005, 09:36 PM
I was just thinking of such a project. My version, ... well, I'll spell it out chronologically.

(this is all assuming Link is toward the center of the screen.)
(.. Though .. It probably wouldn't make TOO much of a difference, but we'll see.)

1) Rockets Outward: Very small sparkles would escape from Link. They would grow gradually enlarge, leaving a trail behind them (Consisting of similarly small particles, which themselves grow like the original, but don't get AS large.)
2) The Return: The sparkles will be CONSIDERABLY larger, and will reform themselves (Via a "sharpened, focusing method.") quite quickly upon making their reappearance on the screen, into straight laserbeams of light, which will them expand vertically slightly as they converge onto Link.
3) The Initial Part of the Shield: The shield will -expand- from a crackle of electricity, into MORE crackles of blue electricity, forming an enlarging static bubble around Link. After it does that, the bubble will maintain its position, sparkling with single-pixel spots of light or darkness, continuing to emit little wandering sparks / jags of electricity from the bubble. 4) The Finale of the Shield: The shield will begin to shrink, and the jags of electricity will begin to decrease in frequency, and eventually, it just shrinks back into nothingness at about the time NL stops working entirely. Maybe it'll even collapse into a zigzaggy straight horizontal event horizon line. .. Cool. :)

orangeblasphemy
01-20-2005, 11:49 PM
very cool. question, is nayrus love the blue spell diamond thingy? cause mine does some funky stuff when i use it. blue trailers of link fly across the scree horizontally then some weird looking blue squares surround him and there are no other effects, no temperary hit reduction/ invincibility. nothing, just looks real screwy. but hey, when you finish yours i'll trade you a grill cheese sandwich and tomato soup for a copy :)