PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions regarding the latest release...

idontknow
01-01-2005, 06:10 PM
First of all, i LOVE it! It's simply awesome! Nayru's Love looks AMAZING! Also, Farore's Wind is cool too, except i have the following ideas as how to make them better...

1) For Farore's Wind, there should be a "MISC: Farore's Wind Cast" so you can set the animation for casting Farore's Wind, which in the "Nayru's Love Test" quest, when you cast it, Link does something very weird, where he like shakes for a second or too--i like the "exploding" link effect too! That's pretty cool--i suppose that's automatic, not something you can change, not that i'd want to anyway!

2) Secondly, I suggest a sound effect for casting a spell (would work for all 3 spells) and then a sound effect, like a different kind of beep or something for Nayru's Love that goes off while it is activated and maybe changes (or beeps faster) when the effect fades, which by the way, should have faster blinking too.

3) I suggest Nayru's Love last like 12 seconds long--it seems a little too short for that much work that it probably took to implement.

4) Also, what happened to the NPC 'enemies'? They shouldn't have been taken out--may i ask why? I thought those were cool, except they just should have been solid, instead of being able to walk over them, that's all. I suggest putting them back in, or maybe having NPCs with triggers & stuff be the next big "project" to work on.

5) Perhaps have a new combo called "Shatter Warp"--its basically another tile warp combo but it makes Link "shatter" or "explode" prior to warping, just like Farore's Wind does--this would be a neat effect, especially for those that dont really want to use Farore's Wind in their quest but would like a similar effect.

NerdWarrior
01-01-2005, 07:17 PM
One and two sound fine.
Nayru's Love lasts about the right amount of time. Not too long, not too short. After all, it's not supposed to be OMG!!! LEVEL FOUR CHEAT
The NPCs weren't complete.
Five is a good idea as well.

My personal opinion on the release is that just because it's a "stable" release doesn't mean development should slow down. Fix up the new warp system and release it when it's done.

Blonde799
01-01-2005, 09:09 PM
3) I suggest Nayru's Love last like 12 seconds long--it seems a little too short for that much work that it probably took to implement.
Praethus complained about the long shielding times in alpha 5, and they were changed.:p Now, NL wastes twice as much magic, and lasts about half the original time. Blame Praethus.:laughing:

4) Also, what happened to the NPC 'enemies'? They shouldn't have been taken out--may i ask why? I thought those were cool, except they just should have been solid, instead of being able to walk over them, that's all. I suggest putting them back in, or maybe having NPCs with triggers & stuff be the next big "project" to work on.
I think they were omitted due to incompletion/associated bugs, but what do I know these days?

Dart Zaidyer
01-01-2005, 11:57 PM
This post should be deleted, as I made it in the wrong thread. Arg.

Praethus
01-02-2005, 03:40 AM
DN cut NL more than I had meant for. =/ Also, DN said he removed the NPC's because he was going to completely rewrite their code.

DarkDragon
01-02-2005, 05:04 AM
Yeah, I'd personally recommend halving the current mana cost, and leaving the duration the same. FL isn't as broken as it might appear at first glance since any quest with FL will probably also contain dungeons chock-full of puzzles that requires mana-activated items, thereby greatly reducing the surplus mana with which to use FL, even when taking a red potion into account.