PDA

View Full Version : Paper Mario Predicament

Ganon's Minion
12-31-2004, 01:13 PM
Well, obviously, you have to have been a) playing Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, and b) have had this same problem, to be able to help me..but here goes. I don't expect even one reply..but we'll see.

In this ^ game, I accidentally "squished" this woman-toad's contact lens near the beginning of the game. Now, she won't let me go onto the West Side of Rogueport until I buy her a new one. Where can I find/purchase one, and if it is a shop, please tell the location...?

Thanks.

GM

EDIT: I've decided to use this thread to become a regular Paper Mario discussion thread, so all of us can chat about the style, look, gameplay, and feel of the game...providing that's alright. w00t!

Rijuhn
12-31-2004, 07:07 PM
To be honest with you I don't think you should even play the game if you're already stuck that early in the game because it gets more complex from there. But since I'm nice I'll help you out anyhow.

READ THIS: You need to go to the item shop (the building with the picture of the fire flower near the door) and speak with one of the mushroom guys there and they should let you order a contact. The contact won't be ready until you've beaten chapter 1 and then when you come back to rogueport you should be able to get the new contact from out of the mushroom guys in the item shop.

Now you're not going to be able to go into west Rogueport for quite awhile, but this is how the game is suppose to be apparently, but don't worry anyway because on the west side of town there is nothing to do unless you have more powers, so just forget about it for now.

Ganon's Minion
12-31-2004, 07:56 PM
I only read your first sentence, but thanks anyways. Very kind of you....my ass. I got it right after I posted, and now I'm almost done the Glitzville Battles. Thanks anyways.

vegeta1215
12-31-2004, 08:40 PM
I just started playing Paper Mario, and remembered your post when the same thing happened to me. That scene with the Toad losing her contact lense is just there to prevent you from going to the west side of Rogueport until later. (when the new contact lens comes in the mail)

So far the game is pretty neat. I love the style of it.

Ganon's Minion
01-01-2005, 12:34 PM
Yeah, I figured it was just there to screw you over until you need to be at the West part of town. Sorry for the thread then...my mistake. Anyways, vegeta1215, I love the style, look, and creativity of the game. I didn't play the first Paper Mario for the N64, so I just took a shot at this one, very nice. Excellent visuals and gameplay, no?

PS: Love the avatar vegeta, Beyond Good and Evil, no? Wow, just saw your siggy now...

punkonjunk1024
01-01-2005, 06:03 PM
I saved right before that scene, and I tried to get around it. You can't.
:shrug:

I never played the N64 one, I was too appaled by the fact that it was supposed to be a mario rpg sequel, and, well, wasn't. But... Obviously, I got this one, not really caring that much anymore, and its amazing. Great gameplay, relatively good plot, and what needs to be in more rpgs - alot of great humor.

Rijuhn
01-02-2005, 01:37 AM
I just beat the game and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It is a definate improvement over the last Paper Mario game without rehashing old stuff either. I rented the game and I'm glad I did because I beat it and now I have tomorrow to finish all the sidequests and stuff. The ending is pretty good too and best of all...

SPOILER ALERT

SPOILER ALERT

SPOILER ALERT

...at the end of the game after the credits you can save your game and go back and return to Rogueport it's really awesome. Right now I'm powering up to take on the pit of 100 trials and fight Bonetail. I just knew that they had to have a boss more powerful than the boss of the game. You can't have a true RPG without a secret powerful-as-hell boss.

END OF SPOILER ALERT

END OF SPOILER ALERT

END OF SPOILER ALERT

punkonjunk1024
01-02-2005, 02:08 AM
hehehehe... that was well done with the spoiler alert, thanks.
Uh, I have a problem - I don't know what to do on the train. help?

vegeta1215
01-05-2005, 09:14 PM
p on j, have you already gotten the 5th star? If not, I don't think your supposed to be on the train yet. If you have, wait a day or two and I'll be able to help ya ;)

I just got the 5th star after fighting the pirate boss. Man, what a hard battle that was! Once you get to his last "form", it's really tough to deal damage to him (esp with you don't have any star power - those who have fought him know what I mean). I finally got through it though, but most of my partners were pretty banged up.

I'm really enjoying Paper Mario. I kind of regret not playing the first one, cause I'm sure it was fun (and funny) as well.

punkonjunk1024
01-05-2005, 10:37 PM
Heh, I'm on the final boss now...
Its... hard.
Vegeta, my strategy for difficult bosses - I have my FP at 35, my hp at 35, and my badge points at something like 51. Badges ROCK. Buy about 5 of them total from the parlor in rogueport, (stupid slots...) and equip them. The attack will cost 32 FP, but that and 2 jammin' jellies should take out a good 80 HP.
...of course, thats just my fighting style for taking out a good chunk of a bosses HP. It's helpful, but if you don't have the strange sack, its just kinda a waste of backpack space. :shrug: Good luck, though. I figured out the train.. just the whole talk to everyone over and over again deal.

Ganon's Minion
01-05-2005, 10:45 PM
Well, I haven't had much time of late, I last played on Sunday. (now Wed.) I just arrived at the island, Keehaul Key I believe. Can't wait to keep playing!

punkonjunk1024
01-05-2005, 10:47 PM
Heh, I'm the same way. This game is as potent a game as mario RPG. definately as much replay value.
ANY game that can make me laugh more than once has replay value. :)

VT_Hokie_Fan
01-05-2005, 10:51 PM
I haven't played this game and I don't have a GC, but this game made me want to get the game and buy a gamecube. The one for N64 was amazing, even though i only rented it.

vegeta1215
01-10-2005, 10:37 PM
I got through most of the Shadow Palace today, but died during the Bowser fight. :uhoh: I just didn't have enough healing items to recover after the fight with Grodus. So, in the next few days I need to back track out of the Palace, maybe build my levels a bit (possibly by going through some of the Pit of 100 trials), and come back more prepared.

UPDATE: I beat the game today, and I didn't even backtrack out of the Shadow Palace! What I did was just go around fighting the enemies I had avoided and got my Star Points up to 80 or so, that way when I beat Grodus, I would level up and be at full strength to fight Bowser!

The last boss wasn't too hard, though I must say that Vivian's Veil move made it a little easy. Now I need to go around and get everything I missed: the remaining star pieces, all the badges, all the recipes, all the tattles, and overcome the Pit of 100 Trials. I may wait a while to do all that though, cause I'm getting RE4 and the Minish Cap tomorrow, and I'm sure they will take up most of my time for a couple weeks. :D