PDA

View Full Version : Glitches on Brand New Games?

Monica
12-30-2004, 05:45 PM
This is completely seperate from my PS2 sound problems...

I got Inuyasha and The Secret of the Cursed Mask for Christmas. It was brand new, unopened, but when I was in the second floor of the castle, and I ran away from a battle, the picture wouldn't load, but I could still hear the sound perfectly. I had to turn it off which really blew since I had just rescured a ton of people and didn't get to save.

So the next day I play and the same exact thing happens in the same area, on the second floor. I refuse to do all that again and so I just start stumbling around in the darkness and the picture fades back in, but it's all broken and flashy and just plain messed up looking like the NES used to get, but I manage to get to the save cat, so I save and turn it off. I play again, and it hasn't happened since, and I've gotten really far since then, but my mom has gone to the mall to exchange it for a new disc, the disc might be defective.

I never expected that to happen with the PS2 or GC, maybe on a scratched disc, but not a new one. O_o I have never had that happen since the N64 days. Has anybody else had that happen in their Inuyasha game, or any strange gliches on brand new games in general?

gdorf
12-30-2004, 07:22 PM
I think with the volume of disks produced it should be assumed that some will have defects. I've never experienced it, however..

MottZilla
12-30-2004, 10:06 PM
Glitches are cartridge based systems are the result of poor contacts. This can be fixed if you really want. Optical Discs like gdorf said, some of them are just defective. Discs are pressed in a factory many many discs at a time. Only so much disc verification is done before the product is packaged and shipped out. Obviously there isn't time to verify every single disc that's made. Obviously you go and return it and get a good disc.

VEL
12-30-2004, 10:58 PM
I just did a little research on this glitch, and I have found quite a few people that have had it happen to them.

I found this in a faq on gamefaqs.com

Q: I heard about some major glitch in this castle... what is it again?

A: In the castle, DON'T RUN AWAY from battles or use Shippo's Flee move.
The screen will go black after battle, and you'll have to reset the game.

I have also found people talking about it in Gamefaqs message boards.

Monica
12-30-2004, 11:03 PM
Ugh, how can a major thing like that get past the programmers? Thanks VEL.

Warlock
12-31-2004, 03:06 AM
Ugh, how can a major thing like that get past the programmers? Thanks VEL.

This happens all the time. They can't catch everything and certainly you can't play through the entire game doing every single possible thing a person can possibly do to find glitches. That would take forever. There is always going to be stuff the programmers/QA don't catch. Hell, even Zelda games have a ton of glitches. OoT, you use Deku Nuts on Ghoma and sometimes it will freeze the game. Then of course there is the bottle trick.. heh..

But what it all comes down to is this.. you bought a game made by a toy company. :) Bandai QA != Nintendo QA & Sega QA &.. well you get the idea (I purposefully left off Microsoft and Sony.. lousy bug-ridden game bastards.. especially SOE). But I mean, heck, their entire game lineup is anime:
http://www.bandaigames.com/

That should tell ya something about how good they are ;) Not saying their games are necessarily bad, but they certainly don't stray from the licenses. If they were a big company like Nintendo or Sega or EA they'd probably have some better QA, but I have a feeling their games division takes a major backseat to their toys.

Monica
12-31-2004, 01:26 PM
Yeah, what is strange though is I think they did a fantastic job on the story, graphics, characters and everything. I actually love the game, that's why that giant glich is so sad. (well a few of the words written are different from what the actors say)