PDA

View Full Version : My PS2's Sound is Staticky :(

Monica
12-28-2004, 08:03 PM
Ok, something weird is going on. I got my PS2 2 and a half years ago and had absolutely no trouble. I made totally sure that it was not a first-gen PS2 that had tons of bugs. Ok, I just got Xenosaga, Inuyasha RPG, .hack//Quarantine, and Star Ocean 3. I also got my brother GTA: SA that he has to play on it until he gets one, plus he rented Tony Hawk Underground.

Ok I played Inuyasha all morning, then turned it off for awhile. I turn the PS2 back on and that sound it makes is kinda fuzzy. Then Inuyasha starts, and it sounds fuzzy too, and then I talk to somebody with a voice and it sounds aweful, with static, like a bad phone connection. I've never had so much as a Dirty Disk error or refusing to read one, ever, on anything. What's wrong? Is it time to trade in for another or can it be fixed? Has anyone else had this happen? Oh yeah, it is connected throught the red, yellow, and white plugs on the front and has been forever. This really blows since I just got all those new games for Christmas...:( (Oh yeah Xenosaga was used)

Yoshiman
12-28-2004, 08:13 PM
Did you check the connections in the back of your television? If a connector is loose, that may be the problem.

Monica
12-28-2004, 08:40 PM
Did you check the connections in the back of your television? If a connector is loose, that may be the problem.

That worked! Hehehehe........It's fixed, now, how embarrassing...:sweat: Thanks.