PDA

View Full Version : The "Best" Way to Spend $100 at "Best Buy"

idontknow
12-26-2004, 03:08 PM
I got a buncha gift cards for Best Buy, totaling like $110...so what is the best way to spend it? I wanna buy the following:
--Blacklights (for my room at school :) )
--Maybe Mario Party 6
--"Anchorman" (when it comes out on Tuesday)
--"Dodgeball"
--Maybe some CDs
--Possibly a larger speaker/subwoofer for my CD player

I'm just not sure which of those i should buy or what else i might wanna get to pimp out my room at school!

Pablo
12-26-2004, 03:21 PM
Don't buy Dodgeball, even if you did find it funny, it's one of those movies that gets old after the first or second time you watch it. You'll regret buying it if you do.

Buy as many black lights as you can, because they are the most awesome things in the world. Unless you want to hide some stains... ;)

vegeta1215
12-26-2004, 09:48 PM
Ben Stiller just isn't very funny as an actor in my opinion, so I'd have to say no to Dodge Ball as well (he did direct Cable Guy though, which is pure genius). Anchorman is a no brainer - that movie was hilarious, I can't wait for it to come out.

If you don't have a Wavebird controller for the Gamecube, I highly recommend getting one. I also suggest a really nice pair of speakers for you're computer. Those will come in handy at college - you'll be able to play your CDs and digital music files on your computer and use it as a stereo instead of lugging one down (ie more space in your room for other things) I got a nice pair of Yamaha speakers, and they were a great buy.

Hmm...I can't think of anything else at the moment.

MottZilla
12-27-2004, 01:24 AM
I spent 193$ at best buy today. Nintendo DS + Super Mario 64 Ds + sales tax. :O

Glitch
12-27-2004, 01:44 AM
I really don't know......send me the gift card (address in the xmas card thread) and I see what I can do for ya :p

Paradox
12-27-2004, 02:09 AM
I spent about $135 at Best Buy today...
GTA: San Andreas
ESPN NBA 2K5
Silent Hill 3
Collateral DVD
plus two CDs

gdorf
12-27-2004, 03:13 AM
They have great prices on cd's.

And you might be able to pick up some z-640's if your interested (computer speakers)

SSJ3500
12-27-2004, 03:31 AM
I wish I had a hundred bucks to spend at best buy, all I've got is 5 bucks and a $50 gift card for carsons (Which I might be able to sell to my mom for $40 or $50, she could actually use it). Sounds like a good setup of things you're buying though, though if you like anime, they've got a good selection...

deathbyhokie
12-27-2004, 05:35 PM
--"Dodgeball"

instead of getting dodgeball, head to the horror section(At least that's where they put it at my best buy), and pick up Shaun Of The Dead. absolutely hilarious.