PDA

View Full Version : Darknut wars help thread

b1zarr0
12-26-2004, 06:47 AM
and I myself am in massive need of help...or a major overhaul of my lack of gaming skills thanks to the damn black darknuts :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: (I think they are called death knights, and if not they should be because they easily have killed me about a dozen times)

on that note, Im currently stuck in Level 3, thanks to said above enemy. is there any item of some sort that can make me not get killed by them in 1 hit!?

thanks in advance

b1zarr0
12-26-2004, 07:18 AM
and another thing. for some reason I cannot seem to buy anything from the guy that sells the superbombs and medicine. is this a bug or is there something Im missing?

Dumb Blonde Elf
12-26-2004, 08:44 AM
Don`t double post. And, I don`t know what to do, but I do
HATE Dark Nuts all the same. I could not do Level 3 of ZC for a while because of those evil creatures.

b1zarr0
12-27-2004, 01:12 AM
oops, sorry bout the double post, but that second post came into my head about some time after the first. but yes indeed Darknuts are evil vile most hated creatures in all the land. I can handle the normal red and blue kind but NOT the super inhuman black darknuts that take like 100000000 hits to kill and can kill you in one hit or less or your money back. that wouldnt be so bad but then they throw swords as well. oh and move faster than Ive ever seen any creature in the zelda universe!

Dumb Blonde Elf
12-27-2004, 02:09 PM
I`ve never seen black Dark Nuts before, but I would probably
kill myself [in real life] trying to get past those things. About
double-posting, if something new comes to you when you`ve posted, just edit it, like I did when I thought of this.

Love For Fire
12-27-2004, 07:27 PM
At this stage of the game, you are no where near powerful enough to take on Death Knights, so avoid them at all costs. Don't even try to fight them, just RUN.

b1zarr0
12-28-2004, 08:55 AM
to (not very dumb in my book) blonde elf,

thanks, I will have to keep that in mind since I am kinda new to the whole message board thing.

and if the dreaded black dark nut is what you fear stay away from Darknut wars and well to a lesser extent the small box quests since they guard the screen before the screen that has gannon's lair. and Im sure some other twisted souls think that super fast darknuts that can make you dead in one hit or less and throw swords are nice and balanced..and I am sure they are at later stages.

to Love for Fire

yeah I figured I should try to run away and sometimes Im lucky enough for the death knight to spawn in a location where I can easily run away from him.

I was also posting that because later in Level 3 I was stuck in a room with a blue wizzrobe and a death knight. one of them ones with a closed door that only opens when you kill all the baddies. I actually almost had him because I was lucky enough to have full life and positionined myself in the lower left corner between two tiles (ya know the whole ladder thing so your not really in any enemies path) and was doing ok but then I got impatient and "went in for the kill" so to speak....and I succeeded only the polar opposite of killing him happened.

so in closing yes I took your advice and ran far far away from those...all the way to many other different custom quests. then to GTA San Andreas then all the way back to the pretty spiffy thus far Adventures of Link remake :)

Dumb Blonde Elf
12-28-2004, 03:58 PM
Wow, you don`t think I`m dumb? *makes mental note to tell
friends who gave me nickname*

b1zarr0
12-30-2004, 07:38 AM
haha nope not hardly as dumb as those friends that gave you that name. see it tis smart to fear darknuts LOL. or play a quest that gives you a hammer fairly early and you can smack the holy hell out of them even from the front...oh and the hammer is about as strong as the magic sword. but argh I should just start a I need help thread because every quest I try I get stuck. sometimes not till about halfway through or later argh. soo at least in my eyes you seem to be a bit smarter than someone who would be called dumb blonde elf. ;)

Love For Fire
12-30-2004, 10:12 AM
Getting a hammer very early in the quest... doesn't that ruin all the fun and challenge? :)

b1zarr0
12-31-2004, 04:23 AM
Getting a hammer very early in the quest... doesn't that ruin all the fun and challenge? :)

nah, I play the zelda games to crush my foes, get the triforce save zelda yada yada yada. bad challenge. what with the thinking and the swearing and the brain damage! just some quests I played give you the hammer in like level 1 or 2 or sometimes you can just haul ass to a store when you have max money (mainly due to this challenge and dying and such) and even then though the chalange is there with HAVING to walk across spikes only to get to a room with 4 donongos, and aquemitis (sp? ya know, the kinda easy dragon if faced alone) and a gohma (maybe more I dunno didnt live long enough)

Dumb Blonde Elf
01-02-2005, 08:39 AM
Thanks b1zarr0! Actually, I think maybe I mis-named myself, as I am actually
sort of clever. I will tell the friends who gave me the nickname when I see
them on Thursday.

PolygonX8
01-02-2005, 08:33 PM
This is one of my older quests, and I use to have a bad obsession with stronger enemies.

The deathknights do not need to be killed. I placed them in the stages to get in your way. It's difficult to dodge them, but it's possible, and the ladder can help a bit.

There are only 7 levels in the game, so that explains why you get the hammer in level 5 (I recall).

The hammer and the hookshot are your best friends against darknuts. I never have problems with deathknights, I can kill 3 per screen granted I have the red ring and master sword and at least 12 hearts.

This is one of my older and crappier quests, so jsut because you play this doesn't mean all my quests are horribly hard. I say my first ten suck, but my 11th, Link's Nightmare, is fairly good and not insanely hard.

b1zarr0
01-03-2005, 09:56 AM
This is one of my older quests, and I use to have a bad obsession with stronger enemies.

The deathknights do not need to be killed. I placed them in the stages to get in your way. It's difficult to dodge them, but it's possible, and the ladder can help a bit.

There are only 7 levels in the game, so that explains why you get the hammer in level 5 (I recall).

The hammer and the hookshot are your best friends against darknuts. I never have problems with deathknights, I can kill 3 per screen granted I have the red ring and master sword and at least 12 hearts.

This is one of my older and crappier quests, so jsut because you play this doesn't mean all my quests are horribly hard. I say my first ten suck, but my 11th, Link's Nightmare, is fairly good and not insanely hard.

I coulda sworn that somewher near the end of level 3 there was one of those rooms where the doors dont open until you kill everything and a deathknight was in there. its actually not a bad quest I was really enjoying it up until that point, and if other quests get to pissing me off I will fire it up again (starting from scratch unless someone knows how to back up saves) and give it another go :)

Love For Fire
01-03-2005, 02:30 PM
I enjoyed Darknut Wars, difficulty and all. The whole idea of using Darknuts as the main characters was pretty cool... although yes it was a very tough game.

EDIT
In my post before about the hammer ruining the difficulty of a game; i was not referring to this game. If i remember correctly, in Quest of Fear, the Hammer can be found in Level 1. There are definitely others, I just don't remember off the top of my head.

PolygonX8
01-07-2005, 05:19 PM
I coulda sworn that somewher near the end of level 3 there was one of those rooms where the doors dont open until you kill everything and a deathknight was in there.

I remember beign extreme, but not THAT extreme. :P I recall that room had a death knight and another enemy along with it. However... if you do beat level 3, in the boss room, walk through the left wall.