PDA

View Full Version : triforce amount modifier

*b*
12-21-2004, 05:40 PM
I was origionally going to post this in the public suggestions, but I thought of a way to integrate it into the new warp system. ok, right now we can set the triforce warp location via the new warp system, correct? what about adding a value for the triforce warp that (I'm not sure if this is the correct term) reads from a universal value called Triforce Amount. in the Misc Data menu, there would be an option to select how many triforce pieces are available throughout the quest, and whenever a triforce warp is activated with the new warp system, it takes that value off the remaining triforce value list, and once the list reaches zero, it would trigger the"'Must have all triforce pieces" room

this would allow quests to have more than eight dungeons and have them work effectively

thoughts?

4matsy
12-22-2004, 02:08 AM
Me likes. :)

How to display the pieces, though? 8 was probably chosen for the original game because of the way they fit together...for this suggestion, I'd guess there'd have to be a whole little editor for specifying x/y coordinates for each piece on the subscreen, and whether or not to flip them horizontally and vertically...

*b*
12-22-2004, 02:53 AM
maybe there could be a subscreen revision 3, where the triforce frame uses 8x8 pixel triforce pieces, and there are three triforce areas for the pieces to go into, which would limit the amount of pieces to 18, but, who would use more than 18 pieces anyway? maybe there could be one huge triangle, so the player can choose where the pieces go, so they can make even more custom triforce frames?

Dark Nation
12-22-2004, 09:07 AM
Actually, one of the future changes to ZC will allow you to specify how many triforce pieces are needed to pass through a Triforce room. That way, you can also have minor triforce rooms, so that people who have beaten x number of dungeons can pass.

NerdWarrior
12-22-2004, 01:10 PM
Of course, anything that requires a new GUI element will take a bit of time to code...sigh...