PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Traditions?

Archibaldo
12-19-2004, 10:38 PM
Any body have any christmas traditions they'd like to share? For example, every christmas morning we have a brunch and then spend a good part of the day cleaning up the wrapping paper. After that we head out to a relatives house for christmas dinner.

moocow
12-19-2004, 11:02 PM
We sleep until noon, eat cinnamon rolls and my sister hands out everyone's gifts to open. Then my dog plays with some of the wrapping paper, we clean it up, and play with our stuff. We finish the day by eating an awesome dinner that my mommy makes.

phattonez
12-20-2004, 12:21 AM
On Christmas Eve, we get a pig and cook it in a box (Cuban tradition). On Christmas Day, we go downstairs at 8 to open the presents, eat after, and go to my aunt's house for the rest of the day.

me2
12-20-2004, 12:22 AM
first we watch the Macy's parade. then we open a present every hour until all are open. I like to open the ones I know are good. (Katamari Damacy w00t)

Eskyris
12-20-2004, 08:04 AM
Every year I go to an expensive restaurant with my mom on one of the christmas days. This year is different, because I recently got a boyfriend. :) So now my boyfriend and I are going to spend first christmas day at my mothers with my brother, sister in law and the kids. Second christmas day we are going to spend at my boyfriends mother with his sister and boyfriend. Yeah things change when you get a boyfriend... :D

ShadowTiger
12-20-2004, 10:40 AM
I usually watch a movie while everyone else has off. The theaters are usually empty, because everyone is spending the day with their family.

I'm telling you, on Thanksgiving day, Haloween, and Christmas, the theaters are packed with Jews. It's amazing! ... And as a Jewish individual, I'm not sure what to think about that. Four out of five of every one of those holidays, I see someone that I know. It's seriously the strangest thing. :odd:

*b*
12-20-2004, 02:09 PM
nothing out of the ordinary, really. wake up, go mental while opeing christmas presents, play any games we got for a while, watch Bond moves, then eat a big dinner

Ultra22Lemming
12-20-2004, 03:31 PM
On Christmas Day we practive our casting of voodoo ...

then we go to our cousins' house and have dinner there.

Pangolin
12-20-2004, 04:11 PM
Well, not really. I mean, the usual. Get up as early as is humanly possible, open stockings, onpen presents under the tree, go out to meet the rest of the family. Typical, really, but a tradition nonetheless.

Pablo
12-20-2004, 07:07 PM
We open presents after driving around for a while admiring the lights on Christmas Eve, then we head up to Rockford (it's about an hour away from where I live, it's out in the sticks) to spend part of Christmas Day with the mom's family. After that, we head back home to spend the other half with the dad's side.