PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on Level 5 of ZC

Dumb Blonde Elf
12-19-2004, 11:01 AM
I can`t do the room with the 3 Dodongos [not loving the stupid creatures now] because I never have enough bombs, and when I finally do the stupid room, I die in another one, and then I have to go to the overworld, and buy more bombs for the Dodongos. Please help, I`m NEVER going to finish the 1st quest at this rate! I
need to have a permanent supply of bombs, but that`s impossible so I`m STUCK
AGAIN! I get stuck on EVERY LEVEL DAMNIT!!!!! Please, please, please HELP!

*b*
12-19-2004, 03:37 PM
try and find some goriyas, sometimes they drop bombs, four at a time. if level five has some groiyas in it, seek them out and kill them. it'll save you from going back to the overworld and wasting rupees

Dumb Blonde Elf
12-21-2004, 06:01 AM
OK. I will try that. I hope it works.

Cepat
12-21-2004, 06:04 AM
Red/Black Moblins, Blue Octoroks drop bombs too :)

Dumb Blonde Elf
12-21-2004, 01:18 PM
Maybe I should try going into the Moblin forest and stock up on bombs and then do Level 5.

4matsy
12-21-2004, 03:15 PM
Gibdos drop bombs too, and there's a whole bunch of 'em in level 5...just kill the first few rooms full near the L5 entrance, exit the dungeon, then reenter. You should get bombs within 1 or 2 trips :p

Dumb Blonde Elf
12-22-2004, 02:17 PM
Well, that is my current plan. :)

Dumb Blonde Elf
12-26-2004, 06:21 AM
I can do the Dodongos now, and I found Digdogger, but I NEVER FOUND THE WHISTLE!!! And usuallly I have no trouble finding items.

4matsy
12-26-2004, 10:44 AM
Hehe, thought that'd be your next question. :D

Try bombing walls, especially near the entrance...

EDIT: Oh, and to save you the death and agony...find the remaining overworld heart containers (should have 13 total after you beat level 5), get the magic sword, and do level 7 next. Levels 6, 8, and 9 are jam-packed full of tough enemies (blue darknuts and wizzrobes...you WILL recognize the threat the blue wizzrobes present once you encounter them), so 7 is the last break you'll get...

Thain
12-26-2004, 07:55 PM
Want to learn a trick? I use this all the time.

When you bomb the dodongo, quicklý place another bomb on him. If you time it correctly or more or less just feed him two bombs at the same time you can stab him with the sword and he always 100% gives you 4 bombs back.

That way you can enter a room with 3 dodongos and 2 bombs and come out with 8 bombs.

Dumb Blonde Elf
12-27-2004, 02:11 PM
Wow, I must remember that when I go to Level 5 etc. Thank you! :D

Phoenix :p
12-30-2004, 02:33 PM
You can do this to get bombs from Dodongos, it works very well, I always use it. :) If you only have one bomb left, you still can do this, but it is a lot more tricky. If you lay a bomb a few tiles ahead from a Dodongo, and if the bomb explodes just when the Dodongo is in the perimeter of the explosion, it will be like frozen, and you can stab it to collect your bombs. BUT, you'll need some luck for it to work, only use it in an emergency! (level 4 of the 2nd quest, for example. :))

Concerning blue Darnuts and blue Wizzrobes: keep in mind that *not a single enemy* can hurt you when it is flashing (i. e. when you just stabbed it.) So you can just walk through them for a second if you are blocked in a corner.

About the Darknuts: imagine you're in a narrow corridor one tile wide. If a Darknut is rushing at you, just face North or South if the corridor is horizontal, and use your sword or magic wand when the Darknut is about to hit you. He will be hit and flash, and as a result, it won't hurt you. Just repeat the operation until it is defeated.

About the Blue Wizzrobes: these are the worst (level 6 will teach you that.) If you are just in front of them, and if they are facing you, they will bombard you with they magic missiles. Be sure to have the Magic Shield, of course, and don't get stuck in a Like-Like, or your Shield is history! Beware if you try to rush them, your life meter might not appreciate it. Because you seem to be a beginner, don't go to levels 6, 8 and 9 without 2 Life Potions (the Red Potion.)

Have fun!^^

Dumb Blonde Elf
01-01-2005, 02:18 PM
Thanks for all the great advice. I have been avoiding Level 5, but tonight I
will try and do it. :)