PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario Mega Man Quest ?

Jackdeldev
12-18-2004, 05:56 AM
Hey how are the all of you ?

I got a little question... Is there any program like Zelda quest but for Mario classic or Mega Man ? To design our own games ?

Tanx :D

MottZilla
12-18-2004, 09:23 PM
Projects for both have been thought of, and the Mario project is underway I believe (check http://www.thegaminguniverse.com ) but Mega Man as far as a clone is a no. I've considered doing it myself though. Haven't really messed with it much though.

Jackdeldev
12-19-2004, 07:31 AM
Projects for both have been thought of, and the Mario project is underway I believe (check http://www.thegaminguniverse.com ) but Mega Man as far as a clone is a no. I've considered doing it myself though. Haven't really messed with it much though.

Thanks, I had read about Mario some where on the web but, no links where working anymore.

Tanks :)

Brasel
12-20-2004, 12:47 PM
Actually, Flashman was doing a Mega Man clone a while back, and even had some progress done on it, but I don't remember where the website is or even if he's still working on it. If you can find his profile on here, I think the link was in his sig.

Flash Man
12-31-2004, 06:34 AM
You are in luck if you were waiting for a reply to say that I have not accomplished anything that you can view yet. I have done a lot of work towards programming RMEngine. Everything I had been doing making RMEngine was basically learning programming. I have rewritten it multiple times, because there were new things I found out how to do and I could not implement them based on what I had created. I have learned a lot so far, but for a decent amount of time I have been working with PHP. So it is kind of hard working in C++ after doing PHP for awhile, I always start loops like this:
for( $a = 0; $a < count( $Array ); $a++ )
and I wonder why it will not compile properly.

However as of late I have layed out a design that would seem to work. It is not completely built into RMEngine, but I am working piece at a time. My goal is to make it as dynamic as possible. So far the dynamics of RMEngine consist of Graphics, Music and Cutscenes. I am not even touching anything beyond that. I decided to work on Cutscenes, because what is the first thing when you shove that huge NES Cartridge in and power on you see? Not the blinking red light of the Nintendo, not the flashing fuzzy television, the CUTSCENE. I am in the middle of making RMEngine evaluate a Cutscene script I have developed. If you pay attention to the Web Site you will eventually see a downloadable for Cutscene Evaluater. I will release that along with a tutorial on the scripting as soon as I complete the evaluation process of cutscenes.

Oh and if you are so blind that you cannot see the link in my signature its at:
http://rmengine.afterblur.com/

Pangolin
12-31-2004, 11:40 AM
If I want to make a Mario one, I just use ZQ. change the graphics, ad make it like the Tunnel side on bits in Zelda games.
Its old, to it may be able to download, but I had to buy it, its a program called Klick 'n' Play.