PDA

View Full Version : How does a guy...

idontknow
12-17-2004, 09:16 PM
...look sexy? It is fairly easy for a girl to get all dressed up & look "hot" for guys--being a guy myself, for a cute girl to get all "dolled-up" so that she looks even better, doesn't really seem to take all that much (or so it seems...)

Anyway, how a guy go about looking "hot" or "sexy"? I'm in college and i wanna know what i should do to look my best--i want to "dress to impresss"..i dont really think that i'm bad-looking--i just think i have potential but am not using it to fully look the best way i can. I wanna look like the stereotypical 'teenagers' you may see on such shows as "Dawson's Creek" or "The OC" or "The Real World.l"

So...
1) How do i go about styling my hair? Should it be curly?
2) Should i be clean shaven, a lil' gottee (like Brad Pit, Justin Timberlake), or really shaggy?
3) What kinda clothes should i wear when i go out? What store has the sexiest jeans for guys? What kinda shirts to wear? What clothes do girls like on a guy?
4) What kinda 'scent' should a guy wear out to a party? What's the best cologne?
5) What should i do about pimples, rough skin, etc.?
6) Any other tidbits?

Ganonator
12-17-2004, 09:37 PM
There's no real general formula to make a guy look sexy, because there are so many variables that have to be mucked around with.

I'll use myself as an example.

Right now, I'm wearing cargo sweatpants, my gray beanie, and a QuikSilver sweatshirt. I haven't shaven in 2 days, nor showered.
Lets say Jake called me right now, and wanted to go do something with just the two of us. We're also going to assume this is pre-thanksgiving. (inside thing)

First of all, I'm going to shower, and make sure I wash and condition my hair. After getting out, I think of all of the pieces that make it work out - Antipersperant deodorant, shave, and gel my hair so it lays naturally, but looks like I did something special with it. You have to develop your own style, mine is more of the comb forward, but not greased to my skull.

Second, what will I wear?
Depending on the situation, I will probably put on a t-shirt underneith a button-up shirt, leaving the top few buttons undone, and wear a necklace.
I might put on cologne, but that depends on how serious this occasion is.

Pants are debatable, but I would probably settle for my casual khaki cargos.
Make sure you are wearing solid color shoes, not sneakers. These little things let the opposition know you care.

Now you look nice, make sure you also have right attitude. Hold doors, smile, and hold your head up as well.

- Ganonator: Queer eyeing one needy nerd at a time.

Archibaldo
12-17-2004, 11:02 PM
The only bit of advice I have is make sure there are no blemishes, pimples, etc. on your face. That and make sure your hair is clean.

idontknow
12-18-2004, 12:07 AM
And how do i go about doing so Archibaldo? I mean, how do i get rid of blemishes & pimples? I use a buncha stuff, including Retina-A Micro, Nuetragina Acne Wash, Stridex pads, and such, but none of that does the trick--what might u recommend me using?

Also, what hair gel/hair spray/other hair products might you recommend me using? And i've been thinking about dying my hair blonde (i have light-brown hair) Should i or no?

Also, what's the best way to gain muscle? I'm too skinny! :(

moocow
12-18-2004, 12:37 AM
Working out usually helps you gain muscle. I use extra strong hold hair gels and hair sprays, no specific brand though. Don't dye your hair blonde, dyed blonde guys are so overrated. But that's just me :p

Pablo
12-18-2004, 12:40 AM
Also, what's the best way to gain muscle? I'm too skinny! :(
Creatine. ;)

Is there a public gym near you? Preferably free? If so, then go check them out and talk to a trainer or something. If not, I'd recommend eating more proteins and start doing a regimen of push-ups, sit-ups, and maybe running. Keep it simple and safe in the beginning - maybe 10 or 15 push-ups and 25-35 sit-ups per night if you're really out of shape, more if you're better, ramping it up at a steady rate. The trick, in my experience, is consistency. The number of exercises you do per night isn't as important as the fact that you're exercising every night. I may not be the most knowledgable source on the subject, but this should help. I'd encourage getting a second opinion on this though, just in case.

Reznik Akime
12-18-2004, 12:41 AM
If I didnt know any better.. I would say me and Ganonator could be clones or something.. Thats the samn damn way I dress..

Lucky I was blessed with clear skin.. Although ive gotten a few gay comments because of my spotless complexion.. *grumbles* Best bet is to just wash you face, but dont do it as much to -cause- a breakout... But in your case it sounds.. Your best bet would be to go to a dermotologist and get some medicine for it. Sounds like you got some hormonal shit workin there..

Dont die your hair blonde! For the love of GOD LET THE FAD DIE! I think that shit is so.. Gah.. Just keep your hair a natural colour. My hair is a dark brown with a reddish (Natural colour, not that fake lookin) tent.. Looks straight red in the right light. Ive had a few people ask me if I were truly a redhead.. but anyway.. I like my colour. My hair is kinda shaggy and mishappen.. but not enough for it to be considered ratty.

Me.. I look good with a little fuzz.. Like maybe not shaving for 2 or 3 days.. but after that it just looks like shit.

Best way to gain muscle.. not sure.. Just work out with weights and such for a few minets a day, like 20 or so. If im not mistaken, theres someone here whos into body building.. So he would be better to consult.

Archibaldo
12-18-2004, 12:55 AM
And how do i go about doing so Archibaldo? I mean, how do i get rid of blemishes & pimples? I use a buncha stuff, including Retina-A Micro, Nuetragina Acne Wash, Stridex pads, and such, but none of that does the trick--what might u recommend me using?

Well I use this stuff from a company called Melaluca(sp?). It's called "Zap It". If you follow the directions properly it works like a miracle(almost).