PDA

View Full Version : DS -> PSP

Kairyu
12-16-2004, 06:16 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/12/15/news_6115158.html

For those with insufficient enthusiam to follow the link, Nintendo of Japan is making a multimedia adaptor for the DS/GBA SP, akin to the PSP's natural abilities. No plans yet to release stateside. I wonder why it won't work with a normal GBA, though- I wasn't aware of any hardware differences between the GBA and SP....

Reznik Akime
12-16-2004, 08:27 PM
What I like about the DS is that you dont have to worry about getting your head cut off by someone whos playing one infront of you.

Dont believe me?

http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=4010

I think its hilarious.. Maybe Sony should rename theirselves to "Shoddy."

Pablo
12-16-2004, 08:38 PM
I plan to buy a PSP once the hardware kinks have been worked out. It's the same problem as the PS2 launch - rushed hardware leads to defects. Hopefully the PSP will repeat the PS2's story and overcome those initial problems to be a smash hit. Lord knows the handheld market could use a little competition.

Fiyerstorm
12-18-2004, 02:21 AM
PSPwned.

Yay DS!

punkonjunk1024
12-19-2004, 12:57 PM
Thats awesome. I wouldn't use a PSP to listen to music for say, 4 hours until the batteries run out, I'd just bust out my CD player.
Wait, I just wouldn't use a PSP.
...I REALLY hope that comes over to america... But how is the actual data storage on the lil carts going to work? Some kind of USB adapter?

EDIT:wait, wait, video? Can a GBA support video playback? If I were able to download and view video on my DS, that would be fracking awesome... crappy GBA video only style stuff, or actual video?

Cloral
12-19-2004, 04:35 PM
You guys remember all those threads when the XBOX was coming out about how many defects there were in it? This will probably be similar, with the defects being fixed before too long. I just wouldn't recommend getting one the first month or so it is out so you can make sure there aren't any huge problems with it.

punkonjunk1024
12-19-2004, 04:39 PM
Yes, and, IMO, the Xbox sucks. Not that I don't support microsoft, they should just leave the platform gaming to nintendo and sony. And sega... oh, wait...
Sony should just leave the handheld market alone. IMO, the PSP is gonna suck. :shrug:

MottZilla
12-19-2004, 06:12 PM
The GBA and DS are capable of showing video streams, however they are still limited by the 256x192 (DS) and 224x160 (i think) (GBA) resolutions.

Anyways.

Orion
12-19-2004, 09:56 PM
Not that I don't support microsoft, they should just leave the platform gaming to nintendo and sony.

Why? just cuz they ahve the most powerful console out there and because they have the best online gaming system available? After what they did for online gaming, I think they deserve to stay.

Anyway, as far as this device goes, it looks like it oculd be cool, but if I want to play mp3s, ill use my mp3 player. Just goes to show how Nintendo is now chasing Sony instead of Sony chasing Nintendo. Sony is already one step ahead of them..

MottZilla
12-20-2004, 03:16 AM
Xbox and M$ have made tremendous progress in the gaming market for a first console. Like Orion said, they easily have the best online gaming service available. They have done many various things to try to make their way in, and I can only imagine they will get better with Xbox 2. I like my Xbox, but ofcourse, I modded mine.

Cloral
12-20-2004, 04:24 AM
And as far as the development side goes, XBOX is far superior to PS2. The development environment is far better integrated, and code compiles much faster. Not to mention the development desktop on the XDK - PS2 has nothing like this. I'm far from a MS fanboy, but they really did do a lot of things right on the XBOX.

MottZilla
12-20-2004, 05:20 PM
Not to mention if you are already a PC developers using Direct X, the transition to Xbox is very easy, esspecially since you use pretty much all the same IDE software. I wanna develop some stuff on Xbox sometime.

DsS Game
12-21-2004, 02:12 AM
Those vids of the PSP are actually quite funny. I just hope Sony fixes those defects. I never seen so many defects tho.

Daywalker

MottZilla
12-21-2004, 02:24 AM
You don't remember Playstation X then. Hell, the first Playstation model could boot copies ubber easy. All you had to do was go into the CD player and swap discs. Pathetic.