PDA

View Full Version : Star or Angel?

Pangolin
12-16-2004, 03:55 AM
Do you have a Star or an Angel sitting atop your tree?
Or perhaps something else?
Or do you do odd things with your Star/Angel, e.g set up the lights in such a way so as that a red light goes right up the Angel's dress?
(I have a star but I know a great many angel people that do that...)
Personally stars are better. More twinkly and big.

Ovi
12-16-2004, 11:00 AM
I've got a teddy bear strangly enaugh.... I let my brother and sister decorate the tree (big mistake)

vegeta1215
12-16-2004, 11:14 AM
We put a big red bow at the top of our tree.

biggiy05
12-16-2004, 12:10 PM
We used an angel that had lights in her dress for years an years but then it died a few years ago so we had to pitch it. We used a star the year after but our new tree is to weak to hold the star so we use this hand knitted angel thing my great grandmas friend made before she died.

ShadowTiger
12-16-2004, 01:07 PM
I don't have a christmas tree.

... And to add actual content to the post ...

I think an Angel is better for a tree than a star, because stars are pointy. If it falls on you, you are more likely to think to yourself, "Man, I wish an angel had fallen on my head instead of a star. Yes."

Lutraphobiac
12-16-2004, 01:31 PM
Or do you do odd things with your Star/Angel, e.g set up the lights in such a way so as that a red light goes right up the Angel's dress?

That's hot.

I use what ever my mom has bought this year. I think it is usually an Angel.

Pangolin
12-16-2004, 02:12 PM
I have a lovely shiny star. I think angles are tacky, to be honset. They look all wrong. The star, is of course, the symbol of Christmas after all.

phattonez
12-16-2004, 04:06 PM
The star is the symbol of Christmas? And all this time I thought it was a baby Jesus. Man I was way off.

moocow
12-16-2004, 08:24 PM
I voted angel, because there is an angel on the tree in our living room. I bought it for my mom a coupleo f years ago, she's pretty. She's got a white, silver and light blue dress, and her wings have fiber optics in them. She's so pretty.

I have a 3ft fiber optic tree in my bedroom, it has a silver star on it.

Glitch
12-16-2004, 08:26 PM
I hired a mexican midget to sit atop my tree for the christmas season. I pay him a taco a day.

Pablo
12-16-2004, 08:30 PM
I've got a big shiny star on top. :)

Most years we have a big paper-mache cowboy Santa (complete with lasso and revolver) but for whatever reason, there's a pointy copper contraption on top now.

Archibaldo
12-16-2004, 08:47 PM
We usually have a big silver star, but this year we have an angle to go with our "theme".

Glitch
12-16-2004, 08:49 PM
We usually have a big silver star, but this year we have an angle to go with our "theme".

90 degree, obtuse, or acute? :p

gdorf
12-16-2004, 11:36 PM
When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was. When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy - Mathew 2:9-10

The star is the symbol of Christmas? And all this time I thought it was a baby Jesus. Man I was way off.

I think the star is a fitting symbol to put atop the Christmas tree. Its what we use.

zfreak2004
12-17-2004, 10:54 AM
Here at home we use an angel and thats all that I can ever remember us using. However, when I move out and live on my own, then I think I'll get a star and use it.

Archibaldo
12-17-2004, 05:36 PM
90 degree, obtuse, or acute? :p
It's an acute angle. :D