PDA

View Full Version : blue ring in eckland?

ash
12-15-2004, 09:01 PM
Hi there,

I am desperately seeking the blue ring in Eckland. I have this theory that once I find it, everything will fall magically into place and I'll finally be able to beat those nasty monsters in Fisherman's Cave without dying a billion times over. I'm probably the world's thickest moron for not having found it yet, but all I can do is appeal to those older and wiser to help me out!

Any help would be majorly appreciated.

~Ash

VEL
12-15-2004, 10:29 PM
--Moved to Quest Announcement/Discussion-- ;)

Xan
12-16-2004, 02:40 PM
The Blue ring could only be bought and the place where to buy it could only be accessed through with a hammer

ash
12-16-2004, 08:14 PM
Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way, then. I've just read through some of the old posts, and they seem to imply that the hammer is in level 5 or 6... so maybe I don't need the blue ring in order to defeat all of those beasties in the Fisherman's Cave? I managed to beat two of them, but the ones that have me really foxed are the fire-breathing dragon and the spastic Goma. I can't for the life of me defeat them, because they take my life so quickly and I'm not able to use my weapons fast enough! Am I missing something? How do I beat them?

I've completed the first three levels, and I'm toying with starting the fourth, but something tells me that I really should finish the Cave first. Please help!

carrot red
12-16-2004, 08:39 PM
Right.
For the Goma, you need the gold arrow sold somewhere.
For the dragon, try to go there with a full stock of hearts, stand by the doorway, you could hit it, but the fire doesn't reach you. When you kill one head, I'm sure you'll be hit, you then move in and attack it head on and rely on your potions.
Oh, and I think you can easily complete level 4 without the raft.

Xan
12-16-2004, 10:08 PM
here are the things that you get in the fishermans cave

1:) heart pice -- after killing that crazzy flyin plant

2:) Raft -- after killing the dragon that spits fire

3:) 200 rupes -- after killing the spider

Xan
12-16-2004, 10:10 PM
in order to kill the dragon you should have the mirror sheild you could buy this in one of the shops next to the fisherman cave

ash
12-17-2004, 04:45 AM
Managed to kill that pyromaniacal dragon by doing what you said, Carrot; thanks for the tip. But how do I get that raft out from behind all those rocks? Bombs of any sort refuse to work! Same thing goes for a cracked block in Level 4 that's fencing in a green bottle of some sort. What's the deal with that!

Also, I'm assuming I need a bigger wallet to buy that mirror shield, yes? I'm only able to carry 500 rupees so far...