PDA

View Full Version : Any Flight Simulator fans here?

Reznik Akime
12-13-2004, 10:29 PM
If not, then I suppose im the first. The reason why im asking is because I wouldnt mind knowing of some high quality scenery, panel and aircraft addons. Im a damned flying wannabe ( Would give my right nut to get free piloting lessons for life, because when you land it big you can buy another. ) so ive been playing this game for quite some time now.

Pablo
12-14-2004, 01:02 AM
Wow, this is bringing back fond memories of getting Flight Simulator '00 back in Christmas 1999. My uncle had opened it up and spent a month playing the game before he gave it to me :)

Sorry, but I've never run across any add-ons for the game. I'll take a look around, though. Which version?

Reznik Akime
12-14-2004, 07:28 PM
Ive got both 95 and 2004.. But obviously im talkin about 2004. Ive found a few, but im not too sure on how to install and work the panels and scenery.. Planes and such are easy to install.

Lutraphobiac
12-15-2004, 04:10 AM
I have to admit that I play them on rare occasion. When I played one a few years ago, I had some fun, but wanted a little better quality then the game provided. Not saying that the developer did a bad job. Just that the technology is not up to the point where I can get realism to my satisfaction. If you think you can prove me wrong then please point out a good flight sim. I will probably try to download it.

Reznik Akime
12-15-2004, 07:16 PM
MS Flight Sim 2004, the one which just came out this year, may intrest you. Of course, its nothing like Ace Combat 5's visual quality, although the graphics have improved a great deal since the older ones. They have also tweaked alot of of the realisim phychics and such to where I think it would allow for damned good realisim. They also have a neat little thing that allows you to download realtime weather conditions in anywhere in the world, meaning that if its raining at the airport your taking off from IRL, its doing the same in the game.

Pangolin
12-16-2004, 04:03 AM
The only one I like is Pilotwings 64, and I can't even remember if that is a sim or not...
Its good anyway.
But with most, no. I can't stand them, they bore me to tears. Until they make an absolutely perfect one that is so much like the real thing it might as well be, I stay away.

Lutraphobiac
12-16-2004, 01:26 PM
Heh, I liked Pilotwings very much. I never bought it, but I loved flying around the 'America' map, and shooting land marks.(Praise Allah) It is a sim, but it goes more for fun than realism.