PDA

View Full Version : Changing "Triforce" on the Subscreen

virenwarrior
12-08-2004, 06:58 PM
Is there a way to do this? I am working on a quest called "Signs of the Stars" and I want to change "Triforce" to "Tokens". If there is, how? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Freedom
12-08-2004, 07:21 PM
hard wired, can't do it.
you could use cave dmaps so it doesn't show though

Wallnut1588
12-09-2004, 07:47 PM
I can help! :D i did the same thing in Shadows Rising.

First go to the tiles and find where the triforce that looks like 1/2 a triandle (kinda like a ramp) is. then edit it so it looks like 1/2 a circle(1/2 of your "token"), with the flat side on the right. now go to quest, misc., and triforce pices. make the numbers in this order, going left to right, top to bottom. 1,5(top), 3,7(left) 4,8(center), and 2,6(right)

***note- i did this with 4 triforces total, not 8. if your using 8, tweak it a little. you'll find it out.

after all this go to sprites, items, and triforce and pick what "token" tile you made.

one problem is, you cant get rid of the word triforce in the quest subscreen.

Freedom
12-09-2004, 07:54 PM
I believe he's refering to the word triforce, not the look of the pieces.

virenwarrior
12-09-2004, 08:03 PM
Freedom is absolutely correct. Sorry.

Freedom
12-09-2004, 08:29 PM
You could use cave dmaps and set special places throughout your quest to check your tokens by using boss flags, so each time a boss is defeated a warp tile changes the destination of the warp, sending you to a screen that looks the same, but updates your tokens view.
I believe this is what Prince did in his Mystic land demo he released a year or so back.

virenwarrior
12-10-2004, 10:21 PM
That should go in the next version

Questwizard88
12-11-2004, 10:53 AM
one problem is, you cant get rid of the word triforce in the quest subscreen.Just set the caption color to whatever color you have the subscreen bg set to. that will also get rid of the life caption though (that's the problem, but we all know where to look to find our life anyway. ) . Then, to make your own text, just draw it at the very top of the triforce frame.

Wallnut1588
12-12-2004, 01:57 PM
Just set the caption color to whatever color you have the subscreen bg set to.
okay, how do i set the caption color?