PDA

View Full Version : "Help File"

idontknow
12-08-2004, 05:11 AM
How about an update "Help File" because it is really, really REALLY in need of updating?!

You could use some info from various tutorials if necessary, but really it shouldn't be so much trouble because, heck, you made the program yourself, so you can write up some generic instructions as to how to use new features (not even necessarily the features in this beta, but rather features like:

-Layers
-Newer Combos (such as flowers, shadow water, bushes, "Overhead", conveyors etc.)
-Applying Shadows to Enemies
-New Items (Amulet, Magic Jars, Din's Fire, Super Bombs, Hookshot, Hammer, flippers, etc.)
-Link's Sprites (how to change them, what each is for, etc.)
-New Enemies (Deathknights, Petra 3, BS Petra, Super Darknut, Cractorok, Fire Wizzrobe, etc.)
-New Quest Rules
-The Magic System (Making items use magic, changing magic meter, magic jars and magic upgrade, etc.)
-Room Types
-Linking Strings together
-Combo Animation
-Combo Cycling
-And Much, Much More!!!

Ganonator
12-08-2004, 05:56 AM
i don't quite understand why you are suggesting this, but aren't updating it yourself.

JayeM
12-08-2004, 09:35 AM
Working on it.

idontknow
12-08-2004, 02:08 PM
Ganonator: What do u mean, "Why i'm not updating this myself" If i could, i would (and what i mean by help file, is when u go into zquest itself & then click "Etc->Help"

Drakmyth
12-08-2004, 06:10 PM
The help file is pulled directly from the "zquest.txt" file. Just open that up in you're favorite text editor and badabing badaboom you're editing the help file!! :D

JayeM
12-08-2004, 11:59 PM
If someone else would like to take over the job, they're more than welcome to. I'm rather busy with other things these days, and it needs to be finished before the Xmas release.