PDA

View Full Version : An idea...

Simooone05
12-07-2004, 11:35 AM
This is anything that will revolutionize quests or anything but just a neat idea. If you wanted to make the first sword a spear or something like that. You could keep off slash in the init data for the spear. Then when you get a sword you can learn slash in the same cave/room at the same time without even knowing you learned slash. Know what I mean? Great huh Just something I wanted to put out there. I'm not gonna but it in my quest though. Not zelda-like.

ShadowTiger
12-07-2004, 12:05 PM
Hey, that's a pretty good idea there, Simooone. :) I'm not sure if anyone's tried it yet, but it would definitely be ... kinda unique.

This would be done by .. well, .. suppose you step up to the guy in question, and a(n invisible) pit warp warps you to an identical screen, which has you picking up the Sword already, because it appears right under your feet, (And you hold it up and all.. It goes "Da-Da-Da DAA!" and at the same time, you hear that little sound confirmation scale which indicates that you've received something else. The room has the room type "Give Slash" or whatever. That's your plan, right? Sounds awesome.

*b*
12-07-2004, 03:36 PM
um, you do realize that, when you enter the room, you'll learn slash automatically, right? it's the same as increasing your bomb count; when the string finishes playing, you get your upgrade

now, I'm not sure I'm supposed to say this, but, DN is working on an Item Warp feature, so that when you grab an item, you can emulate the effect of the triforce, so you can warp to a screen that gives you the slash ability as soon as you get the sword

[edit] just for clarifcation, I was speaking to Simooone

Simooone05
12-07-2004, 05:11 PM
Yes I know. My idea isn't perfect, but I'm not gonna use it anyway.

I do have plenty of ideas that I don't think have been before, that I'm not gonna say, hopefully they're be original by the time I release it. I actually still haven't started my quest. I'm still playing around with zquest. So I'll give it like 5 months. or years. One of them.

ShadowTiger
12-07-2004, 06:29 PM
um, you do realize that, when you enter the room, you'll learn slash automatically, right? it's the same as increasing your bomb count; when the string finishes playing, you get your upgrade
(I respond here because I'm unsure to whom Gashing (*b*) was speaking to.) (EDIT: Okay, so I see his edit, but it's still fairly useful information.)
1) Yes, I do realize it. That's why I mentioned the pit warp. You wouldn't be able to slash until you've received the sword, which you get as soon as you step on the pit warp (The sword is on the second screen, and may be a graphic on the first.) so you get the sword there, (Placed manually as a regular item.) and the room type isn't a special item (Sword as the catch-all) but a learn slash room. C'mon, man. :p

2) As far as I know, you have to step on the rupee tile in order to increase your bomb count, rather than just walking in the room to get the upgrade. Or can you be more specific then?