PDA

View Full Version : Isle of the Winds - Level 9... Stuck again!

SarahJane
12-05-2004, 05:23 PM
Ok, here's the deal... I'm up to level 9 in DFW's Isle of the Winds, but can't get passed the 1st 3 rooms (I'm stuck in the one with the big statue that looks like a Buddha). It seems like I've tried everything: whistle, bombs, superbombs, pushing blocks, the lens of truth,... nothing works! [edit: ok, nevermind... i didn't have the required item with me at the time... still need help for the following question though!]

I think I'm missing an item... The 5th one in the Inventory (after the ladder). Do I need that item to get pass the statue on level 9? Where can I get that item?

Thanks for the help, once again.

DarkFlameWolf
12-06-2004, 12:23 AM
you need the bait to get past that statue. As for the missing item, I believe it is a magic key.

virenwarrior
12-07-2004, 09:40 PM
This has nothing to do with level 9 but DFW, why did u have 2 torment gameplayers with 2 c statues and 2 Aquamenti (Plural of Aquamentus)? :glare:
I can't beat them!!!! :banghead: Even with a blu potion by the way.

DarkFlameWolf
12-08-2004, 12:30 AM
let's see, try using the item you got from the dungeon: Arrows. They kill those bosses faster than the sword. Furthermore, you don't even have to get in close to them to attack. So use arrows. Three should work on each.

virenwarrior
12-10-2004, 07:11 PM
I still can't beat them, but I came up with an idea.
If you shoot arrows at the statues, will they stop firing?

DarkFlameWolf
12-11-2004, 03:08 PM
no, unfortunately, they won't. As for the Aquamentus, the arrows are your best bet to beating them quickly and with little injury.

Phoenix :p
12-11-2004, 03:24 PM
If you've got all your hearts full, just try to rush 'em without bothering about the damage you take; just stay at the middle of the room and shoot left and right and left and right (because while they are flashing they cannot be hurt...) until they die ;)

virenwarrior
12-11-2004, 11:37 PM
Yay! I finally beat it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only problem, I can't access Level 2, i tried blowing up the big rock.

12-11-2004, 11:45 PM
Buy a Super Bomb.

virenwarrior
12-11-2004, 11:46 PM
Where I do that?

12-11-2004, 11:48 PM
*** SORRY, THIS INFO IS NOT 100% ACCURATE *** (Edit)
There are several shops: in desert Island (North of Link's town) and in the swamp. They cost 40 and 50 rupees respectively.

I edit my message related to the Super Bombs. I had a doubt and I checked it on the game...
The shop in the Swamp does NOT sell Super Bombs, but it does sell a shield, a bait and a blue potion, at tremendous prices.

To go to the bazaar where they sell Super Bombs from Link's town, go to the dock at the southwest. You should land on a small island in "Big Ocean". Then head West (for 2 screens or so) to find another dock. Use it. You will go north. When you are at the screen that features a "Hero Statue" (a Link Statue), continuously press the "right" button to go to the east. In fact, the are crossroads in the raft routes, and you can easily detect them: when you see something like

O O (O = a rock)
O
O O

it means that you can take two routes. Here they are:

X
O X O (X = your route)
O X
O X O
X

South to North (default)

O O
O XXXX
O X O
X

South to East
(continuously press the right arrow of your controller!!!)

So, here, you must press "right" to choose the right (good) route. Then, you land on Desert Island. Head East, and be vary of the cactuses! They hurt. ;) You should not travel more than 8-10 screens to reach the bazaar. Have at least 40 rupees! Try to buy as many Super Bombs as possible. Remember than for 4 normal bombs, you can only carry one Super Bomb.

Thain
12-17-2004, 08:56 AM
I finally finished this quest. Level 9 was tough.

Phazite
12-19-2004, 05:09 PM
Where is level 2? Is it on desert Island?

virenwarrior
12-21-2004, 12:43 PM
No, it's on Forest Island. But you do need a super bomb to access it, and that's why the whole "Desert Island" gig came up.
And I am inside level 2 now...

Phazite
12-23-2004, 02:16 AM
Which island do you go to to get to Forest Island.

DarkFlameWolf
12-23-2004, 12:22 PM
you don't really need to get to a island to get to forest island, but its recommended to stop by desert island to buy a super bomb before you do. But to get to forest island directly, head off Town Island through the left dock. You'll reach a small unnamed island. Head off that island at the FAR left dock and hold left as you pass by the edge of the screen, it should branch off and lead you straight to the south side of forest island.

chiefbigcalf
12-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Where is the lens of truth located??

DarkFlameWolf
12-01-2008, 11:30 PM
level 6, upper left of the dungeon I believe.