PDA

View Full Version : Changing version but playing the same game...

SarahJane
12-05-2004, 01:36 PM
Hi everyone,

I started playing Isle of the Winds by DarkFlameWolf with ZC 1.92 beta 184. What I didn't know is that there are bugs if one uses that version; it's recommanded to play in beta 183.

Since I'm almost up to level 9, I really don't feel like starting from the beginning in the beta 183 version. Is there a way to play the same game in the other ZC version?

Also, when I open the beta 183 version that I downloaded, I can't maximize the screen! It's about 10cm by 10 cm...

Please help!

Thanks in advance... ;)

ShadowTiger
12-05-2004, 01:49 PM
Hm. An interesting question, Sarah. :) Know that ZC uses the same zelda.sav file to store saved games, so I don't really think that such close versions like 184 and 183 really make that much of a difference. (Then again, I've never used 184, so I wouldn't know.) So you can just open up 183 and it should use the same saved games as you were using in 184.

Although, what bug are you talking about? If it's something like a door not opening, I suppose you could use a cheat program to bypass that one particular location. :shrug: (Though overuse of it is not recommended. ;) ) The program uses Windows of 183 though.

As for maximization of the screen, can you use alt+enter to do it? That works for me sometimes, but I'm not sure how good of an idea that would end up being, as I've only used it for DOS ZC, even ever then, ... well ... I've only used it in emergencies such as when it freezes.

Oh, can you right click on the window on the taskbar to maximize it?

Freedom
12-05-2004, 02:41 PM
You can probably go to the folder that the 183 is in and double click on zelda-w.exe and get it to open in full screen mode.
OR you can replace -windowed with -fullscreen in your shortcut by right clicking on it and changing it in properties.

You can also make a copy of your zelda.sav and move it to your 183 from your 184 and continue your saved game that way, but if you don't move the zelda.sav from your 183 first, it will write over that file and any saves you had in the 183 will be lost.

SarahJane
12-05-2004, 03:25 PM
Britanniahero04:
- The bug was that I couldn't kill a Patra. Once I killed all those little flying eyes, I couldn't kill the big eye in the middle (my sword was becoming totally useless!). Plus, if I wanted to continue (once I was dead), Link wasn't on the screen. DarkFlameWolf herself (himself?) said that the bug disappears when the game is played on beta 183.
- I couln't click on "maximize" when I opened ZC v.183. Didn't work either with alt+enter!
So... I tried Freedom's solutions...
And it worked!!! Thanks a lot... It's only the shortcut that I can't maximize... The original ZC file is ok. I might change the properties for the shortcut (didn't know I could do that! I thought that the shortcut had the same properties as the original file...).
So, I copied the zelda.sav file and replaced it in the 183 folder. My game was there, but I couldn't play it (it couldn't file the original Isle of the Winds.qst file). I copied that one in the 183 folder as well, and it worked.

I now don't have a sound when I play (before, I had sound but no music!), but I think I read somewhere in the Forum what to do about that. I will now look for it...

Thanks a lot to both of you!